Time To Pay Off The Taxi?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Time To Pay Off The Taxi?

Post by Friend or faux »

I know that this is a bit of an ole chestnut, but I have started to think it is a bit naff our side coming out to " Tijuana Taxi " it reinforces the Little Orient idea. Equally stupid would be coming out to overtly macho songs like "We Will Rock You ". We have never really rocked anyone yet! I think we should come out to something very original. How about " The Lion Sleeps Tonight "? Is it to fanciful to imagine the Orient as a slumbering lion? Maybe to wake up in our Season to be a League Champion?
Personally I find this tune very catchy; my desire to hum it or sing it, is nearly always just a whim away, a whim away.
I bet all you older ones will now be humming this song all day long.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Time To Pay Off The Taxi?

Post by Long slender neck »

Shutup.
Constanza
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Constanza »

Ban.
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

Are you suggesting that we replace The Taxi with "The Uber Song"?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Constanza wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:33 pmBan.
Perma !
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Well, as Billy Connelly might say, how about running out to the theme of the Archers...?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Friend or faux wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:53 pm I know that this is a bit of an ole chestnut, but I have started to think it is a bit naff our side coming out to " Tijuana Taxi " it reinforces the Little Orient idea. Equally stupid would be coming out to overtly macho songs like "We Will Rock You ". We have never really rocked anyone yet! I think we should come out to something very original. How about " The Lion Sleeps Tonight "? Is it to fanciful to imagine the Orient as a slumbering lion? Maybe to wake up in our Season to be a League Champion?
Personally I find this tune very catchy; my desire to hum it or sing it, is nearly always just a whim away, a whim away.
Take to the field with “The Lion Sleeps tonight “. Jesus H Christ ! 😂 No , just leave things alone !
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

How about - " LO, is it me you're looking for " - by Lionel Richie Wellens ?
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

my local side take the field to the theme 'tune' of Jaws. It's quite effective an an eye rolling kind if way
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

I think you got your answer!!
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Back in te 70s (?) when all teams had a 'Hit Record', what was ours called? Was it 'Bang It In The Back Of The Net'?
Stevo Herts
Fresh Alias

Post by Stevo Herts »

London Calling does it for me although Taxi is nice in a quaint way. Wonder what the players would like?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Friend or faux wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:53 pm I know that this is a bit of an ole chestnut, but I have started to think it is a bit naff our side coming out to " Tijuana Taxi " it reinforces the Little Orient idea. Equally stupid would be coming out to overtly macho songs like "We Will Rock You ". We have never really rocked anyone yet! I think we should come out to something very original. How about " The Lion Sleeps Tonight "? Is it to fanciful to imagine the Orient as a slumbering lion? Maybe to wake up in our Season to be a League Champion?
f*** off.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Nothing wrong with the Taxi song, it is the Orient song and whenever it is played everyone relates it to Orient.

Nothing better to post?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

North Stand Dave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:09 pm Nothing wrong with the Taxi song, it is the Orient song and whenever it is played everyone relates it to Orient.

Nothing better to post?
I suspect the vast majority of Englush football fans do not associate it with Orient.

In fact I bet the majority of L2 fans don't associate it with Orient.

Most fans pay no interest in what tune other teams run out to
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Spenn it's associated with Generations of Orient fans, that what I meant, obviously other clubs supporters wouldn't have a clue.

I had it played at the end of my dad's funeral as it was close to his heart after supporting the club for many years so when some Muppet who's got nothing better to post questions the club playing it, he needs to jog on.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Keep it in the build up, but before Bastille Pompeii and London's calling
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

If its Good enough for this lot

spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

North Stand Dave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm Spenn it's associated with Generations of Orient fans, that what I meant, obviously other clubs supporters wouldn't have a clue.

I had it played at the end of my dad's funeral as it was close to his heart after supporting the club for many years so when some Muppet who's got nothing better to post questions the club playing it, he needs to jog on.
So when you say everyone associates it with Orient you did not actually many everyone, you meant a few Orient fans.

Simply because you had it played at your father's funeral does not make the OP a muppet for asking whether it should be changed.

Grown up mature people are able to ask questions and make suggestions. Those who oppose democracy try to silence debate
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

spen666 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:40 pm
North Stand Dave wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:11 pm Spenn it's associated with Generations of Orient fans, that what I meant, obviously other clubs supporters wouldn't have a clue.

So when you say everyone associates it with Orient you did not actually many everyone, you meant a few Orient fans.

Does many mean Mean ?

Its a Goode Jobi Lawers donnt dpeand on Spilling !
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

No.
Friend or faux
Fresh Alias

Post by Friend or faux »

When I hear the terrible dated Tijuana Taxi, I reminded of many, many years ago when I used to get taken to the Circus & the clowns would enter the ring in a battered ole car ( doors falling off etc ) and the only thing that worked was an extremely loud klaxon horn, as per Tijuana Taxi. To me there is the subliminal message that the poor ole Orient team needs a battered ole taxi to take them on & off the pitch. I think some of you idiots would suggest the team comes out to " Send in the Clowns ".
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Got to keep Taxi - plus we're getting to a time now when you don't have to explain to people that it isn't the theme to It's a Knockout anymore.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Friend or faux wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:13 am When I hear the terrible dated Tijuana Taxi, I reminded of many, many years ago when I used to get taken to the Circus & the clowns would enter the ring in a battered ole car ( doors falling off etc ) and the only thing that worked was an extremely loud klaxon horn, as per Tijuana Taxi. To me there is the subliminal message that the poor ole Orient team needs a battered ole taxi to take them on & off the pitch. I think some of you idiots would suggest the team comes out to " Send in the Clowns ".
I think you might be overthinking this
Winchestorfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchestorfan »

Friend or faux wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:13 am When I hear the terrible dated Tijuana Taxi, I reminded of many, many years ago when I used to get taken to the Circus & the clowns would enter the ring in a battered ole car ( doors falling off etc ) and the only thing that worked was an extremely loud klaxon horn, as per Tijuana Taxi. To me there is the subliminal message that the poor ole Orient team needs a battered ole taxi to take them on & off the pitch. I think some of you idiots would suggest the team comes out to " Send in the Clowns ".
I object to being called an idiot just because I like our iconic theme tune. I think your suggestion that we could use ‘Send in the Clowns’ would be quite appropriate for those of you who want to change Tijuana Taxi. Herb Albert’s hit tune is forever associated to our club by its fans. I challenge you to confirm that when you hear Tijuana Taxi anywhere away from Brisbane Road your first thought is Orient and that you’ll even possibly strike up a conversation with a complete stranger about the O’s.