Ling’s reign continues

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Ling’s reign continues

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:04 pm Why wasn’t Harold shown the door at the beginning of the season like all the other coaches we got rid of. Because of this very situation. Ling can manipulate Harold
Interesting theory,
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:04 pm Why wasn’t Harold shown the door at the beginning of the season like all the other coaches we got rid of. Because of this very situation. Ling can manipulate Harold like he has with previous managers. Make no mistake about it this club will never be a success while he’s pulling the strings in the back ground 🙈
What a bizarre conspiracy theory.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:09 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:04 pm Why wasn’t Harold shown the door at the beginning of the season like all the other coaches we got rid of. Because of this very situation. Ling can manipulate Harold like he has with previous managers. Make no mistake about it this club will never be a success while he’s pulling the strings in the back ground 🙈
Of course. Ling has got into some people's heads so much that they think he is so much more powerful than he actually is. Sure most people think of him like Emperor Palpatine.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:10 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:09 pm
Of course. Ling has got into some people's heads so much that they think he is so much more powerful than he actually is. Sure most people think of him like Emperor Palpatine.
Martin AKA smeghead why are you trying to defend yourself?🤡👍
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

I love talking pictures, great channel. Maigret on now on a Saturday night. I love nachos
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Actually feel guilty for posting things about ling, with his mental health issues from the past trumping any feelings I have about his ability.

But I can’t believe he hasn’t fallen on his sword yet. Like literally cannot believe he’s still here.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

kokomO wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:57 pm Great player for the club, one of the very few lofc managers with a promotion on his CV and as dof took a club that virtually didn't exist off the floor and back into the league at second time of asking. People have very short memories. Any other club he'd be getting a statue....
Recognise his past contribution for sure. But he is taking us back to where we were when he arrived. His time is up, allow him to go with some pride intact.
Eggski
Fresh Alias

Post by Eggski »

I had a lovely slice of cake it was yummy 🎈
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

Eggski wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:47 pm I had a lovely slice of cake it was yummy 🎈
Are you the account being used by Martin Ling after a few too many post match bevies?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Read ‘living on a volcano’. A book about football management. There’s chapter on Ling. The way he got given the job at Orient is very reflective how he is with coaches at the club now. He’s stuck in the past.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

I’m afraid he’s been more or less done since December 2007. Throwing a squad together in a crisis during the summer of 2017, and accepting a phone call from Justin Edinburgh a few months later are about all that’s in the credit column.
OldTownO
Fresh Alias

Post by OldTownO »

Very interesting comments from Matt Porter on twitter, where he makes it 100% clear that Kenny chose every single player, the club do the due diligence with regard to cost, availability etc, but KJ has the final say. And Matt is clearly in the Martin Ling corner, so I don’t see Ling going anywhere very soon. I don’t know Matt very well, but he appears a little irritated with the questions being directed at him, fair play for responding, but some compassion wouldn’t go amiss.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

OldTownO wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:12 am Very interesting comments from Matt Porter on twitter, where he makes it 100% clear that Kenny chose every single player, the club do the due diligence with regard to cost, availability etc, but KJ has the final say. And Matt is clearly in the Martin Ling corner, so I don’t see Ling going anywhere very soon. I don’t know Matt very well, but he appears a little irritated with the questions being directed at him, fair play for responding, but some compassion wouldn’t go amiss.
To use an oft repeated line “ well, he would say that wouldn’t he?”. Frankly my trust in the actions of the Board have diminished greatly in the last few days.🤨
OldTownO
Fresh Alias

Post by OldTownO »

Yeah, I think there are lots of us feeling the same at the moment redintheface.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I don't blame him for getting the hump, we get the same stupid questions everytime we hit some poor form. People with an axe to grind, i wonder who they'll blame when Ling does leave.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 am I don't blame him for getting the hump, we get the same stupid questions everytime we hit some poor form. People with an axe to grind, i wonder who they'll blame when Ling does leave.
Stupid comment, we will blame the next person, but can you honestly believe they can be any worse. 6 out of 7 wrong managers,surly even you can see that?
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

redintheface wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:22 am
OldTownO wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:12 am Very interesting comments from Matt Porter on twitter, where he makes it 100% clear that Kenny chose every single player, the club do the due diligence with regard to cost, availability etc, but KJ has the final say. And Matt is clearly in the Martin Ling corner, so I don’t see Ling going anywhere very soon. I don’t know Matt very well, but he appears a little irritated with the questions being directed at him, fair play for responding, but some compassion wouldn’t go amiss.
To use an oft repeated line “ well, he would say that wouldn’t he?”. Frankly my trust in the actions of the Board have diminished greatly in the last few days.🤨
Agree with you about the board/owners. I know to many they are untouchable due to getting us back into the league, but in my opinion I think the likes of Travis just feed us corporate spin and faux positivity. He’s treating this club, and it’s fans, like the boardroom and consumers of one of his retail businesses. Promising everything and talking the talk, whilst behind the scenes something is very wrong.

Once again they have handled the sacking of a manager atrociously. The Fletcher saga was embarrassing but ultimately no long term harm came from it. Binning Jacket and faffing about with interim managers for weeks could have serious implications for this club. To be totally honest, I think it could relegate us.

If Matt Harold is still in that dug out against Stevenage as interim manager then I consider that a huge failure on the part of the owners. (I’m allowing him to be there for the Colchester game but I expect a new permanent manager in the stands watching is new club)

It’s absolutely pathetic that a club like Carlisle can sack their manager, have a new bloke in place within days and grab 3 points against as the very same week. Unacceptable.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

That’s just not true from Porter and Martin Ling said so himself. KJ tells the club who he wants and then the club gets him his 5th choices because they can’t/won’t afford it. There’s no way KJ would be asking for kids from non-league when we need experienced players, when admitting to being in a relegation battle. The bloke had a one year rolling contract, why would he be asking for players to develop for the future?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:45 am
Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:37 am I don't blame him for getting the hump, we get the same stupid questions everytime we hit some poor form. People with an axe to grind, i wonder who they'll blame when Ling does leave.
Stupid comment, we will blame the next person, but can you honestly believe they can be any worse. 6 out of 7 wrong managers,surly even you can see that?
Jesus Christ, ive answered this 'point' from others (who were claiming it was 5/6, also incorrect)
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:57 am
That’s just not true from Porter and Martin Ling said so himself. KJ tells the club who he wants and then the club gets him his 5th choices because they can’t/won’t afford it. There’s no way KJ would be asking for kids from non-league when we need experienced players, when admitting to being in a relegation battle. The bloke had a one year rolling contract, why would he be asking for players to develop for the future?
Would agree with this comment, Brown was thought not good enough 4 months ago so why now? Yep this has got Bertie big bananas written all over it by the board, I’ve never believed Jacket was the right fit from day one but as said I don’t think he had much of a choice as far as the last window was concerned? I’m certain that Ling isn’t. The board give it large and some supporters are gullible to believe it,however it’s not there fault as some people are more trusting than others 🙈
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:58 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:45 am
Jesus Christ, ive answered this 'point' from others (who were claiming it was 5/6, also incorrect)
Davis,Embleton (twice)Fletcher,Jobi and Jacket,there you go unless your going to argue about Embleton. It will soon be 7out of 8 when or if🙏 😡Harold gets the job and that will definitely good night🙈
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

And how many of those did you disapprove of at the time Captain Hindsight?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:21 am And how many of those did you disapprove of at the time Captain Hindsight?
5🙈
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:21 am And how many of those did you disapprove of at the time Captain Hindsight?
It’s interesting you call out people for being negs when they call things before they happened but then also blame people using hindsight. Pick a side.

The general point about Kenny is true though. 99% of fans were happy with the appointment. There’s an argument that sh*t happens and it just didn’t work out. There’s an argument that it not working out points to something strange happening in the background. There’s also an argument that the process has failed again and the people in those interviews, with more footballing knowledge than us made a bad call. I think the last one has some truth judging by Porters comments on Twitter alluding to the fact that Kennys personality, or lack thereof, wasn’t really considered when hiring him.

Either way, we really really can’t afford another f*** up. Currency with the owners is starting to run low. A group of successful business men should be able to right this ship, as long as they review their mistakes and aren’t stuck in their ways.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:07 am
5🙈
Prove it