Kenny Jackett Sacked Thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Re: Kenny Jackett Sacked Thread

Post by MassiveForehead »

We were all pretty happy when he signed with us. We started off well and then got a few injuries and when things got difficult we realised how poor the squad is. We’ve gone from having 1 RB to 5 in that position in 2 months. Square pegs in round holes - 3 players who aren’t LBs at LB, when a perfectly good one was on the bench. We’ve had 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3. It’s the right time. He ran out of the few ideas he had very quickly.

I’m dreading who we’re going to bring in next though. I can’t see it working with the current set up with the board/DOF. We just need some energy and a win FFS.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 pm Long as Ling has no say in any new manager, we have a chance of getting someone who will work
Ling has brought 5 out of 6 duff managers here
While that is undoubtably true, nobody was complaining about Ling's involvement in hiring Jackett last summer. This is the appointment that should have been the most succesful but it's been the total opposite. Football is a funny old game.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

MassiveForehead wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:05 pm We were all pretty happy when he signed with us. We started off well and then got a few injuries and when things got difficult we realised how poor the squad is. We’ve gone from having 1 RB to 5 in that position in 2 months. Square pegs in round holes - 3 players who aren’t LBs at LB, when a perfectly good one was on the bench. We’ve had 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-3. It’s the right time. He ran out of the few ideas he had very quickly.

I’m dreading who we’re going to bring in next though. I can’t see it working with the current set up with the board/DOF. We just need some energy and a win FFS.
We also need a goal just to give us a little confidence
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Andy Woodman can turn it around
Did it in the PL with a sh*te Newcastle team
With Pardew
Punching way above at Bromley .

Has humour & a relaxed style .
Get him in here now
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

I have to say I'm pleased he's gone, this run we've been on has been atrocious and the football complete, negative dross.

That said, I was excited when we appointed him as it was a superb appointment on paper so it's very difficult to get right.

I think the squad has enough to stay up, just desperately need some new ideas.

Felt very much like Kenny had lost the dressing room by the end there, players just weren't running for him.

I've been a fan of Ling forever but also think he should do the right thing and step down, enjoy his retirement, he's been a great servant but time to go methinks.

We'll beat Carlisle now.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Has Gallen gone as well?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Story of O wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 pm Has Gallen gone as well?
Yep. Doubt he'd have stayed even if we'd wanted him to, which was unlikely given he would have been the one executing the training plans.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Ling must follow him out the door, that’s 5 failed Managers.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm Ling must follow him out the door, that’s 5 failed Managers.
Will you follow him too please?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Sad, but I guess it was inevitable.

:lofc:
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:09 pm ML to go now too please
For gods sake get the secretary / and the new CEO to complete all the administration reporting in his circles and excel spreadsheets
Finally get him off any logic used for players and manager signing appointments please.
He offers nothing including loyalty to no one other than the bosses pay cheques each month.

He let Fletcher down with his latent investigation.
He showed unfair employee bias to Ross the Boss.
He basically was not honest on the recent podcast re KJ tenure when asked that question based on the sacking tonight.
The guy has got nothing going for him for a management team to trust.
He is totally untrustworthy.
Spot on.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:17 pm
Story of O wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:16 pm Has Gallen gone as well?
Yep. Doubt he'd have stayed even if we'd wanted him to, which was unlikely given he would have been the one executing the training plans.
Gallen a real decent man with loyalty as a core attribute.
Why would he not be a decent person and undermine Kenny
He wouldn't be undermining him. He'd be executing Jackett's plans in training.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:28 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:26 pm
Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm

Gallen a real decent man with loyalty as a core attribute.
Why would he not be a decent person and undermine Kenny
He wouldn't be undermining him. He'd be executing Jackett's plans in training.
I meant if he stayed on he would to a trusted friend and work colleague - nothing to do with training
I guess the reasoning behind Gallen going (even if he would have stayed) is that we'd want a totally new voice.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Matt Harrold with Brian Saah assisting is my guess. Travis will tell is Harrold is one of our own from the title squad and Saah is really good at bringing through young talent from the academy.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 pm Matt Harrold with Brian Saah assisting is my guess. Travis will tell is Harrold is one of our own from the title squad and Saah is really good at bringing through young talent from the academy.
I reckon they should appoint you since you're so good at forseeing all these issues that we'd race up the divisions.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:39 pm
gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 pm Matt Harrold with Brian Saah assisting is my guess. Travis will tell is Harrold is one of our own from the title squad and Saah is really good at bringing through young talent from the academy.
I reckon they should appoint you since you're so good at forseeing all these issues that we'd race up the divisions.
I'm up for it, want to join the coaching staff lol?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

This would suit Ling perfectly.
Captain Zep
Fresh Alias

Post by Captain Zep »

There needs to be a review of the whole structure. DoF might be a non starter for a league 2 club or it could be just that Ling isn't up to the job. I also wonder what Saab and Harrolds qualifications are for coaching at this level, would they get a gig at any other league club? The board are putting too much trust in friends of the club rather than facing facts and upsetting them.
Orientinoz
Fresh Alias

Post by Orientinoz »

Seems Ling was hired based on his sentimental association with the club which Nigel, given his business acumen, should have been able to see through. This hiring has clearly failed and should be remedied asap.
I admire the ambition of the club in creating a DOF role, however, you need to appoint a professional, not someone who would struggle to run a bath. Rant over...
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Orientinoz wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 am Seems Ling was hired based on his sentimental association with the club which Nigel, given his business acumen, should have been able to see through. This hiring has clearly failed and should be remedied asap.
I admire the ambition of the club in creating a DOF role, however, you need to appoint a professional, not someone who would struggle to run a bath. Rant over...
Suspect Ling would have had a strong recommendation from Mutt Pooturd
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

George M wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 pm We are finished as a club. No manager can turn this around quick enough. Sacking Jackett is disappointing. The injuries , Covid , the postponements.
It’s sad. We keep being told that the club is in a good position. It isn’t. It’s no better than under the Italians . We won’t get a better manager . We may get more luck.
Get a grip mate, we have an excellent chairman, board, and structure within the club. Getting in the right manager is obviously tough, no one get's it right very often, but you eventually get lucky with an appointment and have a few good seasons.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Kenny Gone

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:37 pm Nigel bullied again !
You don’t get to achieve what Nigel has by being easily bullied. He simply made the right choice given our results . No manager can survive in a job by losing every game without even scoring. One goal since Christmas suggests the problems run deeper than the pitch
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Kenny Gone

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:30 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:37 pm Nigel bullied again !
You don’t get to achieve what Nigel has by being easily bullied. He simply made the right choice given our results . No manager can survive in a job by losing every game without even scoring. One goal since Christmas suggests the problems run deeper than the pitch
Nigel succeeded in the U.S
A buisness culture.that suits
Collective corporate Culture .

Football is a different kettle of Fish !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I was one of the people over the moon when we signed Kenny. I’m amazed it’s turned out like this. Goes to show there are no guarantees in football but bring back Russell
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Look the facts are there to see at the start of the season we looked ok and somewhere down the line it’s gone wrong the shipping of formations not sticking to one tactic didn’t help the lose of Tom James didn’t help but that’s one player and another thing since the passing of Justin tje recruitment has been poor brown to young not enough experience Colman played most of the season in a very below par kings lynn team not enough quality at the back and in the end poorly managed