Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Mistadobalina »

They are absolutely rinsing us and yet still the usual useful idiots come out to bat for a bunch of crooks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... 968037.amp
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:23 pm It feels like he's stuck on a loop

Thanks for your question
Condolences to your constituent
I wish things had happened differently
Wait for the inquiry

:roll:
He’s stuck in a loop because people keep asking the same question. Hugely disappointed with the quality of questions today. Reminded me of the Hannibal Lector quote in Silence of the Lambs “Do you think you can dissect me with that blunt little tool?”

Not only did his grovelling apology at the start surprise, the questions gave him the opportunity to expand on what the Government had been doing to fight the pandemic. The opportunity to stick the knife in and give it a good twist was missed.

Even the BBC they just reported “Boris Johnson apologises for attending a Work Event” during lockdown. Bloody hell, the Government working during lockdown!

I have no love for Boris. If he goes I will be quite happy. But feck me, when the opposition have an open goal they shoot wide of the mark. If only Labour had a Lawyer able to ask tough pointed questions that hit the mark.

Let’s hope the inquiry is a little more to the point.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 pm They are absolutely rinsing us and yet still the usual useful idiots come out to bat for a bunch of crooks.

I suppose they should really have put it out to tender . A process that probably takes 3 months for any decision to be taken.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

George M wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:34 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 pm They are absolutely rinsing us and yet still the usual useful idiots come out to bat for a bunch of crooks.

I suppose they should really have put it out to tender . A process that probably takes 3 months for any decision to be taken.
is that why one company who made pizza boxes got a ppe contract & a company who made ppe didnt ?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Not necessarily. In the circumstances, the tender process could/should have been drastically shortened and open to all companies that could provide the goods/services.

What we got instead was corruption - Ministers and MPs filling their snouts like pigs at the trough.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Who are these useful idiots you refer to, excusing the governments inexcusable behaviour?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:23 pm It feels like he's stuck on a loop

Thanks for your question
Wait for the inquiry

He’s stuck in a loop because people keep asking the same question. Hugely disappointed with the quality of questions today. Reminded me of the Hannibal Lector quote in Silence of the Lambs “Do you think you can dissect me with that blunt little tool?”

Not only did his grovelling apology at the start surprise, the questions gave him the opportunity to expand on what the Government had been doing to fight the pandemic. The opportunity to stick the knife in and give it a good twist was missed.

Even the BBC they just reported “Boris Johnson apologises for attending a Work Event” during lockdown. Bloody hell, the Government working during lockdown!

I have no love for Boris. If he goes I will be quite happy. But feck me, when the opposition have an open goal they shoot wide of the mark. If only Labour had a Lawyer able to ask tough pointed questions that hit the mark.

Oh. I see.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Oh. I see again.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Thanks for your question
Wait for the inquiry

Even The Daily Mail disagree with you
'He's lying through his teeth': Boris humiliated by Starmer as he FINALLY admits he WAS at boozy No10 lockdown-busting garden party for 25 minutes but thought it was a 'work event'... but will his half-hearted apology pacify MPs?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Got the whistle-blower trussed up in the back. Next stop the Embankment.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Leader of the scotch Tories, Douglas Ross, has called in Johnson to resign.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:24 pm

Thanks for your question
Wait for the inquiry

Even The Daily Mail disagree with you
'He's lying through his teeth': Boris humiliated by Starmer as he FINALLY admits he WAS at boozy No10 lockdown-busting garden party for 25 minutes but thought it was a 'work event'... but will his half-hearted apology pacify MPs?
I hope this puts an end to all this media stuff we listened to when Corbyn was leader. The stuff about the media hating Corbyn and Labour. Boris is getting a tough time, even in the Mail. I’ll buy a copy tomorrow and read their assessment of today to see how it differs from mine. I’d be surprised and amused if they did say what you quoted. He certainly did not admit to that.

I’m not in anyway defending Boris. I’d be happy if he went tomorrow. Should not have got the job in the first place. The issue for Labour being that his replacement effectively wipes out the sleaze, cronyism, lies stuff that is Starmers greatest ace when elections come along, assuming it’s not just yesterdays chip paper which tends to happen in politics. A likely replacement being Rishi. Not too sure that improves Labours chances in 2 years.

I’m surprised his dig at the SNP hasn’t raised eyebrows. Now that I thought was not very nice.

I was hoping for more from Starmer, maybe why I’m disappointed. Tuned in especially to see Boris slaughtered, it didn’t happen.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I’d be surprised and amused if they did say what you quoted.
Its on their website https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:59 pm
Can’t be the party supplier, people told to bring their own. More likely Boris’s new transport so he can hide.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Strong briefing there'll be a leadership challenge soon. His performance today was absolutely atrocious. It's one thing to have broken the rules. But his absolute inability to accept responsibility in a meaningful way and the sophistry employed to that end is incredibly insulting. The idea he thought he was at a work event is just... And to then say he wish things had gone differently, as if it was a penalty shoot out or a toss of a coin, not a preorganised piss up in his own back garden.

Without a doubt the most loathsome mainstream politician of my lifetime.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

1922 committee are convening this evening. His performance today must have embarrassed them. Even if he survives this, any further revelations or damning outcomes from the enquiry have got to be the end for him.

But, if he does go at some time this year, it'll mean the Tories could be going into the next election with a new leader in their honeymoon period. It may actually be better for Labour not to push too hard for his resignation as right now he's becoming a liability.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm
I’d be surprised and amused if they did say what you quoted.
Its on their website https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
Great stuff. Interesting to see that Rishi just happened to be somewhere else at the time. Rats and sinking ships maybe?

Perhaps there will be a leadership challenge soon. That would be good. Boris is dangerous. I would welcome a change at the top. Rishi has to be favourite and he has had fallouts with Johnson of late, which won’t do him any harm.

But like I said, Boris is Labours best chance of getting elected. Starmer needs to be careful what he wishes for. Rishi replacing Boris won’t make his chances any better, in truth considerably worse. Better to be up against a weakened Boris than a strong Rishi.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Dunners wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 pm 1922 committee are convening this evening. His performance today must have embarrassed them. Even if he survives this, any further revelations or damning outcomes from the enquiry have got to be the end for him.

But, if he does go at some time this year, it'll mean the Tories could be going into the next election with a new leader in their honeymoon period. It may actually be better for Labour not to push too hard for his resignation as right now he's becoming a liability.
Exactly how I see it. And I dare say many Tories, including those at risk of losing their seats in 2 years agree. Cut him loose, bring in a new leader. Clean slate stuff. If Boris goes an awful lot of crap goes with him and with it Starmers Ace card.

Personally he should resign and just piss off.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

:lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:46 pm
Dunners wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 pm 1922 committee are convening this evening. His performance today must have embarrassed them. Even if he survives this, any further revelations or damning outcomes from the enquiry have got to be the end for him.

Exactly how I see it. And I dare say many Tories, including those at risk of losing their seats in 2 years agree. Cut him loose, bring in a new leader. Clean slate stuff. If Boris goes an awful lot of crap goes with him and with it Starmers Ace card.

Starmer has an Ace card? Wow.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

apparently 40 mps climbed the fence to get in
not through the front door.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm

Boris got a big majority, not because he was hot stuff but because his opponent was a non-starter. The same would apply to Starmer, not doing well just because he as good but because Boris was bad.

Two men in a jungle when a wild animal approached the first stated to run, the second sat down to put on his trainers. The first guy said “ wasting your time there, wont make you outrun the beast”. The second guy said “ I don’t need to outrun the beast, I just need to outrun you “

Done need to be good, just better than the other person. Boris got a good majority because Corbyn was rubbish. Starmer could do the same with Boris.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:57 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm

Boris got a big majority, not because he was hot stuff but because his opponent was a non-starter. The same would apply to Starmer, not doing well just because he as good but because Boris was bad.

Two men in a jungle when a wild animal approached the first stated to run, the second sat down to put on his trainers. The first guy said “ wasting your time there, wont make you outrun the beast”. The second guy said “ I don’t need to outrun the beast, I just need to outrun you “

Done need to be good, just better than the other person. Boris got a good majority because Corbyn was rubbish. Starmer could do the same with Boris.
So what you are saying is that the outcomes of British General Elections are decided on the basis of who has the least worst personality. Good to know.