Nigel Travis - ‘Re-financing the club’ and hopefully ‘more money coming in’

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Horient
Fresh Alias

Nigel Travis - ‘Re-financing the club’ and hopefully ‘more money coming in’

Post by Horient »

When addressing us fans via video a few weeks ago Nigel made comment on the re-financing of the club and that hopefully there would be more money coming in.

I’m not sure if there’s a post on here already so apologies if so! What exactly did he mean by this?

I seem to remember Kent making a comment two years ago when Eagle Investments took over that he had other investors waiting in the wings depending on where we were with our journey. They are obviously two very intelligent and well connected men so it wouldn’t surprise me if ex-colleagues/new investors would be prepared to invest if they saw the ship going in the right direction (which it is).

Are they restructuring the agreement from when they purchased Orient (loans, terms etc) so we have a bit more cash in the short term?

On the other hand, his comment regarding money coming in could have been in relation to the then impending sales of Bonne & Koroma.

Thoughts? Are we expecting further investment in the near future?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Re: Nigel Travis - ‘Re-financing the club’ and hopefully ‘more money coming I’

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

More money could simply be the new sponsorship deal which would have been close to fruition at that time. It would be good if new investors are coming in but don’t expect that.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Nigel Travis - ‘Re-financing the club’ and hopefully ‘more money coming in’

Post by Thor »

It could possibly be connected to the loans they have given the club against their own personal taxation and offsets against each other. If we have a tax accountant on here he or she might be able to add a bit more flesh to what I’ve said.

What is factual is that American tax on earnings is worldwide regardless of where it is earnt.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Thor wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:08 am It could possibly be connected to the loans they have given the club against their own personal taxation and offsets against each other. If we have a tax accountant on here he or she might be able to add a bit more flesh to what I’ve said.

What is factual is that American tax on earnings is worldwide regardless of where it is earnt.
Assume you’re only taxed on either profit or a wage...I assume Nigel and Kent haven’t got either from Orient?
Horient
Fresh Alias

Post by Horient »

Only thing I’m aware of is the Subchapter C or S formations of companies in the US. However, that relates to taxation on earnings etc which as you say they wouldn’t have made!

It does give me comfort we have two extremely well established international businessmen with proven acumen in charge of us with a huge range of connections. Unlike, for example, the Notts County owner who seemed to be a local boy millionaire with pretty confined connections and mindset!
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

The more money coming in could be from the sale of Bonne and Koroma 😄
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

BIGRON wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 am The more money coming in could be from the sale of Bonne and Koroma 😄
😅
Horient
Fresh Alias

Post by Horient »

BIGRON wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:18 am The more money coming in could be from the sale of Bonne and Koroma 😄
This was my final, and hopefully not true, point above! Let’s hope it’s not what he meant!!!
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

I've heard they're sponsoring parts of the ground. From next season the following will be referred to as

The Dunkin Donuts Centre Spot
Muller Light Corner Flags
PG Tips Teabag Nets
Crossrail Crossbar
Post Office Counters Post

More to follow
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Re-financing simply means taking out new loans at lower interest rates
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

No the losses made at Orient can be offset against the positive income elsewhere thus reducing the tax paid for each of them. Like I said a tax accountant aware of US tax laws might be able to explain it better.

Not sure that the loans would needs to be restructured lower as I think that there’s no charge (interest) to the club for them at present.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Search for a word
refinance
/riːˈfʌɪnans/
Learn to pronounce
verb
gerund or present participle: refinancing
finance (something) again, typically with new loans at a lower rate of interest.
"companies must refinance £20 billion of warrants and bonds"
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Horient wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:21 am
This was my final, and hopefully not true, point above! Let’s hope it’s not what he meant!!!
Don’t forget the 20p add on should Alzate and Dalby get in there 1st teams
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Horient wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am
It does give me comfort we have two extremely well established international businessmen with proven acumen in charge of us with a huge range of connections. Unlike, for example, the Notts County owner who seemed to be a local boy millionaire with pretty confined connections and mindset!
Ditto
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

dOh Nut wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:22 pm More money could simply be the new sponsorship deal which would have been close to fruition at that time. It would be good if new investors are coming in but don’t expect that.
Refinancing has nothing to do with sponsorship. I’d have thought a Boardroom Behemoth such as yourself would know that.

Despite all the #ourclub gubbins, they’ve always been pretty vague about this stuff. Which they’re obviously entitled to be.

NTs involvement is pretty obvious. I’d still love to know what KT is here for.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:12 am I've heard they're sponsoring parts of the ground. From next season the following will be referred to as

The Dunkin Donuts Centre Spot
Muller Light Corner Flags
PG Tips Teabag Nets
Crossrail Crossbar
Post Office Counters Post

More to follow
Send them to Pandamonium.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 am
dOh Nut wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:22 pm More money could simply be the new sponsorship deal which would have been close to fruition at that time. It would be good if new investors are coming in but don’t expect that.
Refinancing has nothing to do with sponsorship. I’d have thought a Boardroom Behemoth such as yourself would know that.

Despite all the #ourclub gubbins, they’ve always been pretty vague about this stuff. Which they’re obviously entitled to be.

I think he got involved to polish up on his Boardin skillz.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

My comment related to the hopefully more money to come in. More money coming in and sponsorship deals go together. Keep up.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:34 pm

I think he got involved to polish up on his Boardin skillz.
I have no Boardin skillz Max. You should know that. Mind you me being an unskilled boarding numpty puts me way above many who post on here. Don’t matter how low you go, there are always people lower down the food chain.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

He’s a multi millionaire in the tens of millions. I’d guess he wants to forfill a dream of his to own a football club, to see it achieve success like he has in his other business interests, and to bring a smile to his face, his families face and the fans face.

Let’s face when you depart this mortal coil you don’t take anything with you so you might as well not it.

Cream if you had the money, what would you like to own or buy or do? Maybe that’s the question Kent asked himself.