Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

So is everyone in agreement that the graph isn’t from public health Scotland after all?

It’s just something someone has created to mislead people?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Yes, but Jack/Thor may disagree
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Several people on my facebook posting the same tweet that cases are now falling in South Africa (are they?) so no need to worry about any Covid restrictions because. FFS. Talk about missing the point.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 am So is everyone in agreement that the graph isn’t from public health Scotland after all?

FFS, some of you are so thick.....the graph is from public health scotland, its genuine. See FaldO's post above.
Kid yourself all you like, you are being played by the government....the most lying government there's ever been
Im laughing here at how thick some of you are
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

And pack it in with the laughing at us I've only just recovered from that ginger Tory cow Stratton laughing in my face.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Jack wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:00 am
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:24 am So is everyone in agreement that the graph isn’t from public health Scotland after all?

FFS, some of you are so thick.....the graph is from public health scotland, its genuine. See FaldO's post above.
Kid yourself all you like, you are being played by the government....the most lying government there's ever been
No point arguing with you so here's a link to the ONS site, showing the hugely increased risk if you're not vaccinated.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... tember2021

If you can't be asked to look, here is a little nugget for you:

Table 1: The age-standardised mortality rate for deaths involving COVID-19 is 32 times higher for unvaccinated people than for those who received the second dose. Age-standardised mortality rates for all deaths and deaths involving COVID-19, England, deaths occurring between 2 January and 24 September 2021
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

:lol:

But it isn’t from public health Scotland. Faldo says as much himself.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

It's like they're basing their entire opinion on unreferenced Twitter posts and YouTube videos.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Played how? You are ignoring the truth about those statistics that others have pointed out to you.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:25 pm

Played how? You are ignoring the truth about those statistics that others have pointed out to you.
Ban him. He's a crank.
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:23 pm It's like they're basing their entire opinion on unreferenced Twitter posts and YouTube videos.
I genuinely don't get how people like Jack and seemingly the entirety of Orient Facebook groups are that brashly arrogant they think they/ their echo chamber are more informed than scientists and doctors.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

It's a religious like rejection of science coupled with the smugness that they know what's really going on because Barry, 56, unemployed, made a graph that proves it and we're the idiots for believing scientists and logic.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Ban him. He's a crank.
Seconded. Keeps posting unsubstantiated nonsense or manipulated/out of context data under the premise that it's 'interesting' or that he just wants to start a conversation around it. According to some of the stuff he's posted, everyone vaccinated is supposed to have an immune system similar to a late stage aids patient by this point.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Mr. Peanutbutter wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:55 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:23 pm It's like they're basing their entire opinion on unreferenced Twitter posts and YouTube videos.
I genuinely don't get how people like Jack and seemingly the entirety of Orient Facebook groups are that brashly arrogant they think they/ their echo chamber are more informed than scientists and doctors.
There's a culture of 'dont tread on me' anti intellectual anti reality f*ckery in every country these days. Probably has always existed but those types are really starting to crack after 18 months of a pandemic. Think I've said before, on an individual basis it's almost impossible to sympathise with cause the arguments are so dumb, but as a whole, the anti vaxx movement generally consists of sad sacks operating on the fringes and deserve some pity.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:01 pm It's a religious like rejection of science coupled with the smugness that they know what's really going on because Barry, 56, unemployed, made a graph that proves it and we're the idiots for believing scientists and logic.
It is a worry how pervasive the anti science Brigade have become and how reliant they are on crank sources for information which they treat as facts.

I come across a lot of them in the cab. Usually in the 18 to 32 age bracket. They get very emotional as I gently deconstruct their opinions and introduce the wholly new concept of finding reliable sources.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:07 pm
There's a culture of 'dont tread on me' anti intellectual anti reality f*ckery in every country these days. Probably has always existed but those types are really starting to crack after 18 months of a pandemic. Think I've said before, on an individual basis it's almost impossible to sympathise with cause the arguments are so dumb, but as a whole, the anti vaxx movement generally consists of sad sacks operating on the fringes and deserve some pity.
Disagree again.

Jack doesn’t give any signs of being on the fringes. I’m sure he’s perfectly normal in most regards.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:13 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Disagree again.

Jack doesn’t give any signs of being on the fringes. I’m sure he’s perfectly normal in most regards.
And they're not to be pitied. They are to be held in contempt and ruthlessly opposed by any means necessary.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:03 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Ban him. He's a crank.
Seconded. Keeps posting unsubstantiated nonsense or manipulated/out of context data under the premise that it's 'interesting' or that he just wants to start a conversation around it. According to some of the stuff he's posted, everyone vaccinated is supposed to have an immune system similar to a late stage aids patient by this point.
Thirded.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He’s not doing his cause any favours, I say let him have his voice and keeping showing himself up.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:33 pm He’s not doing his cause any favours, I say let him have his voice and keeping showing himself up.
Except he has no cause other than to spread disinformation to induce fear and anxiety in the easily led.

Ban required. Get on with it PW and extend the ban to his apologists like Ronnie.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:33 pm He’s not doing his cause any favours, I say let him have his voice and keeping showing himself up.
Except he has no cause other than to spread disinformation to induce fear and anxiety in the easily led.

Ban required. Get on with it PW and extend the ban to his apologists like Ronnie.
...says the man who described the AstraZeneca vaccine - undoubtedly responsible for saving tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of lives - as a "Great British failure".
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

faldO wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:06 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:00 pm

...says the man who described the AstraZeneca vaccine - undoubtedly responsible for saving tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of lives - as a "Great British failure".
Oh dear. I should have posted it in bold green italics to avoid the roooooosh.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Car crash of a plan/announcement by bojo, unsurprisingly
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:21 pm
George wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:56 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:42 pm

No, you don't

But if you're going to spread lies, especially if they're dangerous, expect to be called out as the liar you are
Now that you are calling me a liar , please provide the proof.
viewtopic.php?p=239976#p239976

If you've found proof that the lie that Omricon is just like a cold then please present it and I'll retract

But you won't, because it was bollocks
Shortly before 8.30 this morning on Radio five and in an interview with a professor at UCL studying the impact of Omicron , he stated that symptoms reported so far are similar to the common cold and unlike delta. This is as I reported .
You can listen to this on the BBC website I expect. Once you have , perhaps you will be man enough to apologise for the liar and dangerous comments.
If you have heard evidence to the contrary, please post it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

What im reading is its a lot more transmissible, so it will infect more people and still result in a large number of hospitalisations and deaths.