Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Officially through the 130k death toll
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Is it right that vaccinated people are just as likely to spread covid as unvaccinated numpties?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:47 am Is it right that vaccinated people are just as likely to spread covid as unvaccinated numpties?
My understanding is that the Delta variant is the most transmissible variant, including amongst the vaccinated. This doesn't necessarily apply to other variants, with the exception of Gamma which has the wonderful combination of a higher CFR than the others and an ability to bypass anti-bodies. Thankfully it's not as transmissible as Delta.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:47 am Is it right that vaccinated people are just as likely to spread covid as unvaccinated numpties?
No. Vaccination reduces the chance of you passing it on should you still catch it. It's one of the fallacies being propagated by those who can't understand that a vaccine that isn't 100% effective can still be a huge success.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Thanks, so confirms the anti vaxxers are being totally selfish and the club being irresponsible by letting them in.
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:19 pm Thanks, so confirms the anti vaxxers are being totally selfish and the club being irresponsible by letting them in.
You are a wise man, I am so glad you are the referee on this site, I’ll gladly buy you a pint in the Supporters Bar as long as you are not a lager lout.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Looks like hospital admissions and deaths may be starting to level off.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm
Sadly passed away, only 37
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 pm
Two very young kids too. Awful.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:32 pm
That's really really sad - 37 years old is an age where you'd think there would be an excellent chance of recovery or a very small chance of being that ill if vaccinated. And at a time when thanks to the vaccine admissions and deaths are levelling off and will hopefully start to fall.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Didn't know her but it is shocking. There can be no more tragic a message to Get The Jab.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 pm Didn't know her but it is shocking. There can be no more tragic a message to Get The Jab.
Agree. Very reluctantly got my 2nd this afternoon but hearing news like this does make it very much seem like a good idea.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

:lofc:
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:41 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:00 pm Didn't know her but it is shocking. There can be no more tragic a message to Get The Jab.
Last edited by Rich Tea Wellin on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

She was at The Spurs game as well
Photo of her kids being "Home "
asThey were all O's Mad .

Very very Sad news
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm She was at The Spurs game as well

Very very Sad news
Yeah, saw a pic of them at a game in their new shirts - must have been that game. Very sad to think how things changed so quickly.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:31 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:27 pm She was at The Spurs game as well

Very very Sad news
Yeah, saw a pic of them at a game in their new shirts - must have been that game. Very sad to think how things changed so quickly.
Its unreal how quick things can change.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Read several medical articles and they said the majority of COVID cases and especially deaths resulting from it are those who are unvaccinated. Perhaps not surprising.

Local hospital said that those admitted with COVID are asking if it is too late to get vaccinated. If that wasn't so sad it would be funny.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Simple Man wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:22 pm Read several medical articles and they said the majority of COVID cases and especially deaths resulting from it are those who are unvaccinated. Perhaps not surprising.

Local hospital said that those admitted with COVID are asking if it is too late to get vaccinated. If that wasn't so sad it would be funny.
Under-30s reluctant to take Covid vaccine cite fertility and side-effect concerns
Fears over ‘experimental’ inoculation show that more needs to be done to counter harmful misinformation.

“We’re reopening the economy when young people generally haven’t had the vaccine and the implication is that it’s fine if they get Covid,” said Evie Aspinall, the head UK delegate to the G7 Youth Summit and a former president of Cambridge University Students’ Union. “They’re telling us there’s no sense of real threat.”
''Georgia, 28, from the West Midlands said fertility was her chief concern. “I’ve read about a lot of adverse reactions to the vaccine too which puts me off – effects on women’s reproductive systems and cycles. I want to have a baby in the next year and there’s no published data on its long-term effects on fertility. “I just don’t understand why I really need it, I’m healthy and I trust my immune system over the government.”

''Sam Everington, a GP in east London who sits on the British Medical Association council, said that more needed to be done to counter misinformation. “It is difficult, but we need to carry on challenging stuff on social media that is just not true,” he said. “The commonest thing I hear is young people talking about infertility, and there is just no evidence of that.”
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... t-concerns
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:44 pm
Simple Man wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:22 pm Read several medical articles and they said the majority of COVID cases and especially deaths resulting from it are those who are unvaccinated. Perhaps not surprising.

Under-30s reluctant to take Covid vaccine cite fertility and side-effect concerns
Fears over ‘experimental’ inoculation show that more needs to be done to counter harmful misinformation.

“We’re reopening the economy when young people generally haven’t had the vaccine and the implication is that it’s fine if they get Covid,” said Evie Aspinall, the head UK delegate to the G7 Youth Summit and a former president of Cambridge University Students’ Union. “They’re telling us there’s no sense of real threat.”
''Georgia, 28, from the West Midlands said fertility was her chief concern. “I’ve read about a lot of adverse reactions to the vaccine too which puts me off – effects on women’s reproductive systems and cycles. I want to have a baby in the next year and there’s no published data on its long-term effects on fertility. “I just don’t understand why I really need it, I’m healthy and I trust my immune system over the government.”

''Sam Everington, a GP in east London who sits on the British Medical Association council, said that more needed to be done to counter misinformation. “It is difficult, but we need to carry on challenging stuff on social media that is just not true,” he said. “The commonest thing I hear is young people talking about infertility, and there is just no evidence of that.”
You been a Guardianista long Sid?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

I complete sympathise and have been through a similar journey. There's no evidence of infertility but theres also no evidence against it yet. Young people are being told (and almost forced in some circumstances) to put something into their bodies to protect against something that statistically they are very likely to get over, which has no evidence for medium or short term effects. I get why they would be resistant. It's easy for people who have 5/10 years left to be telling people who have 50/60 years left what to do to their body.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:50 pm

You been a Guardianista long Sid?
I read many online newspaper articles that show a particular relevant viewpoint regardless of their politics.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 pm

I complete sympathise and have been through a similar journey. There's no evidence of infertility but theres also no evidence against it yet. Young people are being told (and almost forced in some circumstances) to put something into their bodies to protect against something that statistically they are very likely to get over, which has no evidence for medium or short term effects. I get why they would be resistant. It's easy for people who have 5/10 years left to be telling people who have 50/60 years left what to do to their body.
Un-vaccinated people under the age of 40 downwards are at present in the biggest group that are catching the Covid virus. It is not only the theory that they are less likely to die if they catch the disease, they also need to think of the others that they might pass the virus on to. No age group is immune from the virus, be it getting very ill, long Covid or dying of it.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Know a few people in my age group who've been completely screwed up by the virus in terms of medium term health effects. Can understand why you'd have initial reservations but we have around 2 billion people jabbed at this stage, you have an enormous data set to have confidence in. If there are long term risks from the shots we don't know of yet, they are gonna be massively worse from the virus itself, which in all likelihood most young people are gonna get at some stage. Seems a total no brainer.