I hope KJ doesn't think L2 is easy...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Reflecto
Fresh Alias

I hope KJ doesn't think L2 is easy...

Post by Reflecto »

Looking at some of the attacking signing or proposed signings - it looks like there might be a pattern. Unsettled, somewhat underperforming / poor scoring players at L1 - who Kenny thinks will suddenly turn it on because they are in the "much weaker" league 2.

I'd rather we signed players who score regularly at L2 or NL level / even NL S/N. I guess I'm saying that a lethal eye for a goal is more important than league status.

Up the O's
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: I hope KJ doesn't think L2 is easy...

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Agree: when the one who can not be named splashed the cash on has-beens dropping down a division, he assumed this would bring immediate success.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

7 goals in 75 games
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

It’s a bit worrying, but I trust Kenny. He’s not some rookie who’s guessing as to what will and won’t work in league two. He knows what it takes. You’ve got to give him time.

Saying that, you don’t know if he is constrained by anything like budget and the people we’ve brought in are 3rd/4th choices.

We also don’t know the system or the tactics. Players are just part of it
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Reflecto wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:24 pm Looking at some of the attacking signing or proposed signings - it looks like there might be a pattern. Unsettled, somewhat underperforming / poor scoring players at L1 - who Kenny thinks will suddenly turn it on because they are in the "much weaker" league 2.

I'd rather we signed players who score regularly at L2 or NL level / even NL S/N. I guess I'm saying that a lethal eye for a goal is more important than league status.

Up the O's
When have we ever signed a striker who scores regularly at L2 level?
Snowyash
Fresh Alias

Post by Snowyash »

Danny Johnson…
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Snowyash wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:35 pm Danny Johnson…
Have you seen his scoring stats before Orient?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Macauley Bonne
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:27 pm
Reflecto wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:24 pm Looking at some of the attacking signing or proposed signings - it looks like there might be a pattern. Unsettled, somewhat underperforming / poor scoring players at L1 - who Kenny thinks will suddenly turn it on because they are in the "much weaker" league 2.

Up the O's
When have we ever signed a striker who scores regularly at L2 level?
Look at the flip side: how many times have we signed players who have scored goals everywhere and then do nothing for us?! Cureton, Parkin and Scowcroft come to mind! Moons in his first season is another example.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

..... and I hope he can make stars out of some of these rough diamonds
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I am just a tad underwhelmed with the signings so far. Forwards who don’t score goals, one of which was classed as hopeless by nearly every fan of his previous club. The marque signing and club captain is 36. Connor Wood also comes with fans pleased to see him go. Centre half Beckles a decent enough signing. Feels like it could be a long season even though Jacket was a big coup. Just being realistic.
Jaggsy1979
Fresh Alias

Post by Jaggsy1979 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:47 pm 7 goals in 75 games
Lets not forget Jay Simpson had scored 1 goal in 21 appearances for Buriram United in Thailand before joining Orient the first time, and then went on to score 6 goals in 57 appearances since (including a second stint at Orient)

He scored 2 goals in 20 appearances for Nea Salamina in Cyprus

And obviously a few have already highlighted the scoring record of Macauley Bonne prior to becoming our top scorer for two seasons running

My point is, give the lad a chance, could do well under KJ, and even then maybe goalscoring isnt the priority for him, maybe being the big lump that brings it down for the other strikers is the role KJ is going to give him
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Jaggsy1979 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:42 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:47 pm 7 goals in 75 games
Lets not forget Jay Simpson had scored 1 goal in 21 appearances for Buriram United in Thailand before joining Orient the first time, and then went on to score 6 goals in 57 appearances since (including a second stint at Orient)

He scored 2 goals in 20 appearances for Nea Salamina in Cyprus

And obviously a few have already highlighted the scoring record of Macauley Bonne prior to becoming our top scorer for two seasons running

My point is, give the lad a chance, could do well under KJ, and even then maybe goalscoring isnt the priority for him, maybe being the big lump that brings it down for the other strikers is the role KJ is going to give him
What I posted was Bonne’s stats. It’s crazy how people are writing these players off already