Clueless Southgate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Clueless Southgate

Post by Still wrong »

How the hell did this bloke get the England job?
Not one Club in the top two divisions would employ this bloke.
The most over promoted England manager ever.
Southgates England reminds me of Embletons Orient.
No creativity, no width, no goals in the team and totally unbalanced.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Clueless Southgate

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Couldn't agree more. It's like watching Orient under Embleton.
No width, backwards passing, no shots etc etc
Southgate never did anything as a club manager so how he landed the national job God knows
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Still wrong wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm How the hell did this bloke get the England job?
You forgot,no brain. CV reads, got Middlesbrough relegated and took over the under 21s. There that’s all you need, he’s also cheap and licks the FA’s backside🙈
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm
Still wrong wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm How the hell did this bloke get the England job?
You forgot,no brain. CV reads, got Middlesbrough relegated and took over the under 21s. There that’s all you need, he’s also cheap and licks the FA’s backside🙈
Kane totally isolated upfront.
Sterling out of form.
2 holding midfielders.
Absolute shambles.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Still wrong wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:53 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm
Kane totally isolated upfront.
Sterling out of form.
2 holding midfielders.
Absolute shambles.

Well apart from that I thought we made a good account of ourselves 🤔🤔🤔🤔🙈
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Love seeing England fans going into absolute meltdown
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:59 pm Love seeing England fans going into absolute meltdown
This.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:38 pm Couldn't agree more. It's like watching Orient under Embleton.
No width, backwards passing, no shots etc etc
Southgate never did anything as a club manager so how he landed the national job God knows
I think he got it on the rebound from the Sam Allardyce debacle . Right place at the right time as there was nobody else at that time
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Again though it’s fine margins. If Stones header hits the post and goes in, it’s a different conversation.
Let’s face it, we weren’t that good on Sunday against Croatia, yet everyone was celebrating like we’d won the tournament, but in 180 mins we’ve only scored ONE goal and tonight had just one shot on target in 90 mins.
I feel sorry for the fans who paid top money to watch that.
Scotland were unlucky really and I hope they win on Tuesday and maybe still qualify with England.
Surely Southgate will rest Kane and give Grealish a start for our game . Let’s see…….
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

With all due resect to Scotland what tonight proved is England has no chance of winning this tournament . The likes of Belgium , Italy and France are miles ahead of England in terms of quality and all round play .
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

If the managers swapped roles for tonight's game, England would have won handsomely.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

I think his cluelessness is a cunning plan to finish 2nd in one of the easier qualification groups. Nice touch bringing rashford on the guarentee that a stalemate. We look set for another 0 - 0 against the Czech Republic.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:19 pm I feel sorry for the fans who paid top money to watch that
I’m glad we didn’t win for every one of those racist Dummies that booed the players taking the knee then booed again at the final whistle.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Sometimes less talented teams who work their bollocks off and play well get good results in derby matches.

A 3-0 win on Tuesday and you’ll all be noshing Southgate off again. It’s a pragmatic England and has been for years. Quite happy with it when it gets you to the semis.
KVN
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KVN »

It wont when germany or portugal walkover his lack of tactics.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Amazing How England reached the
World Cup Semi Final under Southgate .
Kimpon
Fresh Alias

Post by Kimpon »

Pure press hype and a waistcoat.
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:24 pm With all due resect to Scotland what tonight proved is England has no chance of winning this tournament . The likes of Belgium , Italy and France are miles ahead of England in terms of quality and all round play .
That was always the case though.

But people never seem to learn that international football is not as easy as they think. For lower ranked sides playing in a euros or World Cup is possibly a once in a lifetime opportunity and they’ll make it as hard as possible for their opponents

Other favourites have struggled too. Belgium had to work hard to beat Denmark the other day, Spain drew 0-0 with Sweden and Portugal were 0-0 with Hungary until the 85th minute

The fact that hardly any teams win all 3 group games should suggest it’s not the walk in the park many believe
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Also, despite the obvious ambition of fans to win every game, the reality of tournament football is different. You have to pace yourself, you also have to be sensible in the group games to get though.

I thought we were sh*t last night but if we qualify, that’s the first stage marked as a success. We will set up differently, with a different game plan and mindset playing France or Portugal in the last 16. It’s hard to be excited about as a fan, but Southgate is very practical and with 4 points, it’s pretty much job done.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Gareth's a mastermind, he's playing for runner up in our group
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:47 pm Sometimes less talented teams who work their bollocks off and play well get good results in derby matches.

A 3-0 win on Tuesday and you’ll all be noshing Southgate off again. It’s a pragmatic England and has been for years. Quite happy with it when it gets you to the semis.
Rubbish. My view of Southgate, and that of most people I know, won't change a jot based on the next games result.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 am Also, despite the obvious ambition of fans to win every game, the reality of tournament football is different. You have to pace yourself, you also have to be sensible in the group games to get though.

I thought we were sh*t last night but if we qualify, that’s the first stage marked as a success. We will set up differently, with a different game plan and mindset playing France or Portugal in the last 16. It’s hard to be excited about as a fan, but Southgate is very practical and with 4 points, it’s pretty much job done.
I agree that qualifying for the next round is the immediate aim, but can we change the mindset overnight, I doubt it. The last 4 games (inc 2 friendlies) have been dire-perhaps more but I can't remember.

We put Shaw back in to combat Robertson. Has Southgate forgotten that we also have a Liverpool full back who bombs down the pitch and creates chances.

We have a squad full of Champions league/Europa league final players. Surely it isn't too difficult to have a decent England team
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Harlow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:59 am Also, despite the obvious ambition of fans to win every game, the reality of tournament football is different. You have to pace yourself, you also have to be sensible in the group games to get though.

I agree that qualifying for the next round is the immediate aim, but can we change the mindset overnight, I doubt it. The last 4 games (inc 2 friendlies) have been dire-perhaps more but I can't remember.

We put Shaw back in to combat Robertson. Has Southgate forgotten that we also have a Liverpool full back who bombs down the pitch and creates chances.

We have a squad full of Champions league/Europa league final players. Surely it isn't too difficult to have a decent England team
Agree about the mindset. They were either told to be careful or they were shattered. But a home game against Scotland, you’d expect a minimum amount of aggression and intensity.

What Liverpool full back?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Pure genius in my book, you bring on a creative player in Grealish for twenty minutes so he can then say he made no impact,then take another creative player off in Foden who was playing ok,keep the T Rex on and sub Kane who should have gone off earlier and put a a wide player on in his place,If your expecting any thing different from this clown of a manager in the next game I think you will be disappointed. Pure genius 🙈
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:43 am
Harlow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:40 am

Agree about the mindset. They were either told to be careful or they were shattered. But a home game against Scotland, you’d expect a minimum amount of aggression and intensity.

What Liverpool full back?
TAA