Tshimanga

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Tshimanga

Post by Monkey Boy »

Just out of curiosity has anyone on here seen this young man play?
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Tshimanga

Post by faith1234 »

Please god we need a manager not another player and by the way he is ok
Mr. Peanutbutter
Fresh Alias

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter »

Not since his Oxford City days.
Horient
Fresh Alias

Post by Horient »

His age of 23 on Wiki surely must be incorrect if he played in the 2014 season?

Looks to have a decent scoring record though!
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

What is this all about? Have we signed this guy?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

No Highwood they haven’t signed him it was just me asking the question but these are the sort of players that Orient should be keeping an eye on. Yes I know he’s non league but there’s not a lot of difference between that league and this division. Orient try to bring in players from the division above in the theory that they will bring more quality to the team and in my opinion it doesn't always work.However before anyone says we don’t want a load of non league players here,I’m not suggesting that at all.This guy has been finding the net this season,but for obvious reasons you can’t see him play live plus he’s fairly local. If I were Ling I would at least send someone to have a butchers. I was just asking if anyone has seen him play? 🙈
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Sorry to get on my soap box people but it’s very frustrating when you see other clubs pick up players that Orient could get if they were more proactive. Peterborough for example have an uncanny knack of finding a really good striker. There scouting system is very good.They find players from lower leagues and sell them on for a good profit and there not a much bigger club than we are. It’s easier to find a big lump to play at the back than find a really good striker. I would just like to see Orient get players before other clubs beat them to it especially if they’re on their doorstep.🙈
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

You make a valid point about players from higher leagues . IMO,Cisse and Freeman have been very disappointing because I expected more from both of them .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Thanks Red but I will give you an update slant on that point. West Ham fans have been going on about how great this Jesse Lingard is??? Well let them get there 20/30 million out and hand it over but I’m willing to bet this time next year he will be shinning the bench. I can’t believe that plank Southgate (well I can because he’s as good as Embleton)picked him in the World Cup. I could be wrong? Yes players from higher above don’t always have the motivation only for a while to earn a contract🙈
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Horient wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:34 am His age of 23 on Wiki surely must be incorrect if he played in the 2014 season?

Looks to have a decent scoring record though!
Kabongo Tshimanga
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabongo_Tshimanga
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 am Sorry to get on my soap box people but it’s very frustrating when you see other clubs pick up players that Orient could get if they were more proactive. Peterborough for example have an uncanny knack of finding a really good striker. There scouting system is very good.They find players from lower leagues and sell them on for a good profit and there not a much bigger club than we are. It’s easier to find a big lump to play at the back than find a really good striker. I would just like to see Orient get players before other clubs beat them to it especially if they’re on their doorstep.🙈
Part of that system is their willingness to take a gamble (Lee Angol) and another is their track record over time that attracts players to them. They must have a formula (fast/strong/hungry/young) that they apply and the combination of everything is what we've witnessed in the past 10 years.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:51 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 am Sorry to get on my soap box people but it’s very frustrating when you see other clubs pick up players that Orient could get if they were more proactive. Peterborough for example have an uncanny knack of finding a really good striker. There scouting system is very good.They find players from lower leagues and sell them on for a good profit and there not a much bigger club than we are. It’s easier to find a big lump to play at the back than find a really good striker. I would just like to see Orient get players before other clubs beat them to it especially if they’re on their doorstep.🙈
Part of that system is their willingness to take a gamble (Lee Angol) and another is their track record over time that attracts players to them. They must have a formula (fast/strong/hungry/young) that they apply and the combination of everything is what we've witnessed in the past 10 years.
You make mention of Lee Angol, well first impressions were good when he joined the Os, unfortunately has not been a success here. Perhaps a part of his problems are down too the injury he received when playing for Peterborough United eg ''Angol fractured his ankle in a pre-season friendly against Boston United in July 2016 and required surgery to place a pin in his leg'' Whatever, loss/lack of form and injuries have blighted his time at the Os and the way things are going, his chances of being offered a new contract at the end of this season must be somewhat unlikely.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I called this geezer out over a year ago, I guess our scouts must have looked at him but don’t fancy him. You know MB if your face don’t fit........
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Interesting Thor,as Huxley pointed out I’ve been ranting on about this “face don’t fit “and “jobs for the boys “far to much. Our scouts don’t fancy him ummmm willing to bet they’ve never taken a proper look.???🙈
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:31 pm
You make mention of Lee Angol, well first impressions were good when he joined the Os, unfortunately has not been a success here. Perhaps a part of his problems are down too the injury he received when playing for Peterborough United eg ''Angol fractured his ankle in a pre-season friendly against Boston United in July 2016 and required surgery to place a pin in his leg'' Whatever, loss/lack of form and injuries have blighted his time at the Os and the way things are going, his chances of being offered a new contract at the end of this season must be somewhat unlikely.
He's been a great impressionist for a few seasons now at both Orient and Shrewsbury. Unfortunate but true. Next stop for him is the National League I'd guess.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:07 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:31 pm
He's been a great impressionist for a few seasons now at both Orient and Shrewsbury. Unfortunate but true. Next stop for him is the National League I'd guess.
He is skillful but injury prone, shame as I am sure there is a good player in him.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

When we signed him from Shrewsbury I asked a mate of mine what he was like, reckoned there was a player in there, but was rubbish for them. Think that sums him up quite well