Team i'd like to see under new manager

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Four four two
Fresh Alias

Team i'd like to see under new manager

Post by Four four two »

Whoever we bring in , i'd like to see a manager who fundamentally selects a team that is set up to win rather than a team set up not to lose. Id like the manager to simply put players in their correct positions playing to their strengths with the message to get out and get at em . I want a manager who wants to get the ball out wide and into our forwards as quick as possible so the likes of DJ have more goal scoring opportunities. Lets finally have some entertainment !! Its a simple game really and our players are good enough at the level so we shouldn't be playing with fear that has gripped the club for too long with negative football. Ok, we may lose a few but lets play caution to the wind in a way as there's nothing to lose if we go all out to attack. Id like to see :

Vigs GK

Turley RB (if Cuthbert could play there so can Turley)
Akinola CH
Thompson CH
Widdowson LB

Mcanuff CM
Freeman CM

JMD (recalled) RW. If not Wilkinson
DJ CF
Abrahams CF
Brophy LW

This team would attack. That's six players who can be dangerous pushing FORWARD with OPTIONS around them in advanced positions. DJ would finally have a partner up front in Abrahams who puts himself about. Brophy in natural position where he can run at defences, JMD recalled (yes he can be in and out but he has got quality. )Turley back - he played well at right back.

At least we should give this a go. Let teams worry about us rather than the other way around. Finally , lets get the smiles back in peoples faces again with entertaining positive football.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Team i'd like to see under new manager

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

I’d like to see Cheltenham under a new manager (in the table)
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

I'd put Kemp in the RW slot over Wilkinson (who needs a spell on the bench to show he's not undroppable imo)
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

It’s not all down to the manager. Macanuff has started to show his age in the last few games. Freeman looks like a very average football player (hoping that is just early days) . Cisse is proving to be a massive disappointment. You can’t knock Johnson for his goals but if he doesn’t score he adds nothing. Compare and contrast with the Tranmere forward yesterday who was literally everywhere and had a great game. Brophy has been one of our best players at left back this season. He was our best player yesterday at left back. This argument has been done to death but don’t except his 7/10 games to suddenly become 8’s and 9’s if he does go into left wing. In my opinion.

Vigouroux.

Akinola. Happe Thompson. Brophy

Macanuff Clay/Cisse. Freeman. Kemp

Soitriou/Johnson. Wilkinson.

I would like to see Ruel get a run playing off a big man (Wilkinson). If Wilkinson starts to actually head the ball that would help. Manauff wide isn’t ideal but he played there in his reading days.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

You can’t judge the players, they were doing what they were asked to do. Watch and see the difference know mr negative football has left the building.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

They were asked to make a load of errors? "Make sure you give away a penalty, then in the next game leave that guy unmarked and lose the ball in your own half"

tw*t.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I started typing out a response, but that’s pointless as your just an argumentative troll. We remember your old user names and type of stuff you used to post.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am They were asked to make a load of errors? "Make sure you give away a penalty, then in the next game leave that guy unmarked and lose the ball in your own half"

tw*t.

DO NOT post comments that are overtly objectionable: such as discriminatory, racist, sexist, homophobic, disablist, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, bullying, or threats. This includes the direct use of foul language towards another member.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Anyone posting up a side, or formation, should apply for the job......
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:52 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am They were asked to make a load of errors? "Make sure you give away a penalty, then in the next game leave that guy unmarked and lose the ball in your own half"

tw*t.

DO NOT post comments that are overtly objectionable: such as discriminatory, racist, sexist, homophobic, disablist, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, bullying, or threats. This includes the direct use of foul language towards another member.
:?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It's pretty clear.
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Of course Jobi is showing his age. He ain’t no spring chicken any more AND he’s trying to get others to up their work rate at the same time. That would tire anybody.

Let’s be honest, all we want is a team that looks like it is set up to win, wants to win and leaves some skin on the pitch.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Four four two wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:18 am Whoever we bring in , i'd like to see a manager who fundamentally selects a team that is set up to win rather than a team set up not to lose. Id like the manager to simply put players in their correct positions playing to their strengths with the message to get out and get at em . I want a manager who wants to get the ball out wide and into our forwards as quick as possible so the likes of DJ have more goal scoring opportunities. Lets finally have some entertainment !! Its a simple game really and our players are good enough at the level so we shouldn't be playing with fear that has gripped the club for too long with negative football. Ok, we may lose a few but lets play caution to the wind in a way as there's nothing to lose if we go all out to attack. Id like to see :

Vigs GK

Turley RB (if Cuthbert could play there so can Turley)
Akinola CH
Thompson CH
Widdowson LB

Mcanuff CM
Freeman CM

JMD (recalled) RW. If not Wilkinson
DJ CF
Abrahams CF
Brophy LW

This team would attack. That's six players who can be dangerous pushing FORWARD with OPTIONS around them in advanced positions. DJ would finally have a partner up front in Abrahams who puts himself about. Brophy in natural position where he can run at defences, JMD recalled (yes he can be in and out but he has got quality. )Turley back - he played well at right back.

At least we should give this a go. Let teams worry about us rather than the other way around. Finally , lets get the smiles back in peoples faces again with entertaining positive football.
Agree with most of your post except JMD will not come back. Have Kemp on the right. Wilkinson is too greedy with the ball. Would be good to have 2wingers running at the defence with good crosses for Abrahams and DJ.
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Just like to add that no place for Ling, Happe Dennis Angol Coulson or Clay . All these are out of contract in the summer and should be let go.Hector as an alternative for Freeman. Cisse needs to get back to where he was last season. New Manager to bring in new recruits in the summer.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

The failure of our forwards to score puts immense pressure on the defence. If we can get them scoring again conceding goals becomes less of an issue.
I would certainly keep Dan Happe.
Exiled O
Fresh Alias

Post by Exiled O »

Assuming that Thompson,Ruel and Angol are injured.
LV
Turley
Akinola
Happe
Ogie

Kemp
Freeman
Hector
Brophy

Wilkinson
Abrahams

Subs
DJ (doesn't look match fit to me)
Cisse
Sarge
Widdowson
Dennis
Coulson
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Exiled O wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:49 am Assuming that Thompson,Ruel and Angol are injured.
LV
Turley
Akinola
Happe
Ogie

Kemp
Freeman
Hector
Brophy

Wilkinson
Abrahams

Subs
DJ (doesn't look match fit to me)
Cisse
Sarge
Widdowson
Dennis
Coulson
Hooray 442
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

He really does have to go back to basics. Even if its not the long term plan, being too clever, too early on might kick him in the teeth.

Assuming he wont play himself I'd like to see.

Vigs

Turley
Akinola
Thompson
Widdowson

Kemp
Hector
Freeman (dont really rate him from what ive seen but he's the best we have from a creative stance)
Brophy

DJ
Abrahams
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Vigaro

Turley Akinola Thomson Brophy

Freeman Hector Cisse Kemp

DJ Wilko

Hector and Cisse both offering protection to the back line. Freeman and Kemp coming in as narrow as possible, the width coming from the fullbacks.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Jobi's played in the same team as some of the squad for nearly 4 years and some for well over a year, if he doesn't know what they can or cannot do, then no-one does. I think we'll see changes in both the team and playing style straight away. But I really hope he doesn't start with himself, but puts himself on the bench. And then it'll be interesting to see who gets the captain's armband on the pitch. My money is on Craig Clay. I also think he'll put a forward partner alongside DJ. But in reality who knows, we'll see at about 6 pm tomorrow when the teams are announced.
COYOS
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

All i want is that players are played in their best positions.
The biggest annoyance with Ross was playing so many players not in their best positions
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Vigaroux
Turley Akinola Thompson Widdowson
Cisse Clay
Kemp Jobi Brophy
Johnson

I’d take Happe out for a bit because his confidence looks shot. Happe back in and Akinola at right back. You can also play anyone on the right as they’re all playing equally as poorly. Gone with Kemp because he can cut inside.

Abrahams and Freeman have looked garbage.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Sorry don’t mean to offend but I think most players would look garbage if played out of position/formation and coached by a boy who couldn’t run a fruit stall let alone a football club.I know Ross was a nice fellow as a person but it was a position just to far. Think it will be 442 or 532 tomorrow if McAnuff knows his stuff.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Be interesting to see the team and formation that Jobi picks, don't think he will start.

I think he'll set us up to go and attack, no more sit back and hope to hit them on the break.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

It will all depend on the scouting reports he receives but he won’t have much time to work on that.