Loan signing Nick Freeman

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Loan signing rumour- Nick Freeman

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm Freeman looks a decent signing, but the negative side is, every mid-fielder we bring in, pushes Hector down the pecking order. I cant see him starting now.....maybe a few appearances from the bench, but not much more than that
Hector is 19

He has plenty of time to develop
Will Be one of our main men when he's 21/2
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:25 pm Freeman looks a decent signing, but the negative side is, every mid-fielder we bring in, pushes Hector down the pecking order. I cant see him starting now.....maybe a few appearances from the bench, but not much more than that
No it doesn't. Hector is competing with Cisse and maybe Clay as a more defensive ball winner. After Cisse's performance on Saturday, he probably warrants a start next game.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

If he's good enough he will start
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm Good signing. Hoping Ross doesn’t stick him out on the wing.
Bit of king sized Jonahring there Bera. :(
Last edited by Chicken Dhansak on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

If Freeman and Kemp are as active, effective and available in midfield as we hope, then I predict we will also see the best from Cisse who will dovetail nicely with them. I would like him to stop waving his arms about when he gets caught in possession, it's not always someone else's fault (but usually is).
Craig's position is under serious threat now. I predict Ruel and Hector will have to give way initially, after that, let the battle commence.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

An experienced driving midfield player, great news 😁
Shev
Fresh Alias

Post by Shev »

Wycombe fan here. I am gutted to lose Freeman. He is actually somewhat of a divisive player, as there are those of us (such as myself) who feel he played very well in his limited recent opportunities, and that we need his composure on the ball in the middle of the park to have any chance of a miracle great escape. However, with another creative youngster from the B Team coming through, his chances were limited even more.

Nick is a player with clear strengths and weaknesses. On the plus side, he is very confident on the ball, with a smooth, gliding style and ability to twist and turn in either direction suddenly, as he is two footed, and his passing can be filthy (his outside of the boot injury time pass to set up the winning goal against Southend in the move starting at 1:46 here is a case in point ). On the other side of the leger, he has a soft shot, and though he is a hard worker, he does not have major defensive abilities. He is not a fiery player, but rather a smooth operator. He needs to be in a system with the right tactics and formation to thrive.

I wish you well with him, and hope he sets up bags of goals in a promotion push. He is one of the 7-8 holdovers from L2 for us, and has been on this wild ride with us. I hope we get him back rather than ship him off permanently.

All the best to Leyton Orient for the rest of the season - you are a grand old club and have been through a lot over recent years. Maybe we'll see you in L1 next season.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Good upgrade and hopefully a sign that we are keen to push on and make the playoffs. This window and the coming Summer are Ross’ opportunities to show either that he knows what he needs to do to reshape the squad or that he is listening to others who do. I personally wonder what role Danny Senda will have in all of this, I think he is a very valuable asset to the Club.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Story of O wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:43 pm
If he's good enough he will start
And having better players around him will make him a better player.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:36 pm
No it doesn't. Hector is competing with Cisse and maybe Clay as a more defensive ball winner. After Cisse's performance on Saturday, he probably warrants a start next game.
Disagree. From what I’ve seen Hectors best attribute his ability to run with the ball and drive us forward. Don’t really see him as a ball winner personally.

I see them all fitting tbh in our current system.

Cisse - ball winner/cleaning up offloading to
Hector - ball carrier taking us up the field offloading to
Freeman/Jobi - creative attacking flare creating chances or scoring
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

Shev wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:06 pm Wycombe fan here. I am gutted to lose Freeman. He is actually somewhat of a divisive player, as there are those of us (such as myself) who feel he played very well in his limited recent opportunities, and that we need his composure on the ball in the middle of the park to have any chance of a miracle great escape. However, with another creative youngster from the B Team coming through, his chances were limited even more.

Nick is a player with clear strengths and weaknesses. On the plus side, he is very confident on the ball, with a smooth, gliding style and ability to twist and turn in either direction suddenly, as he is two footed, and his passing can be filthy (his outside of the boot injury time pass to set up the winning goal against Southend in the move starting at 1:46 here is a case in point ). On the other side of the leger, he has a soft shot, and though he is a hard worker, he does not have major defensive abilities. He is not a fiery player, but rather a smooth operator. He needs to be in a system with the right tactics and formation to thrive.

I wish you well with him, and hope he sets up bags of goals in a promotion push. He is one of the 7-8 holdovers from L2 for us, and has been on this wild ride with us. I hope we get him back rather than ship him off permanently.

All the best to Leyton Orient for the rest of the season - you are a grand old club and have been through a lot over recent years. Maybe we'll see you in L1 next season.
There's a wonderful Southend o.g. in amongst that lot
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:32 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:36 pm
Disagree. From what I’ve seen Hectors best attribute his ability to run with the ball and drive us forward. Don’t really see him as a ball winner personally.

I see them all fitting tbh in our current system.

Cisse - ball winner/cleaning up offloading to
Hector - ball carrier taking us up the field offloading to
Freeman/Jobi - creative attacking flare creating chances or scoring
Cisse isn’t a ball winner as such either. Hector will be as he grows older and stronger.

His biggest strength right now is his ability to pick up the ball anywhere on the field, under whatever pressure, and retain it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Hector would be ideal as a proper midfielder in a 4-4-2 like in the good old days.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:44 pm Good stuff. Hopefully this will mean that we see Conor given a run in the middle of the front 3 whilst DJ is out. He’s good enough at beating nippy fullbacks - would love to watch him marmalise this division’s cart horse CBs on the ground.
Disagree, he is doing well where he is, cutting in on that left foot.
No complaints from me if he stays out wide. Comfortably our second best player this season after Vigouroux. I guess I just really, really don’t like Lee Angol :lol:
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

More competition in the centre or possibly an actual winger on the wing would be good. Cisse has been coasting for a few games now and needs a kick up the arse.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Remember Charlie Lee. A guy with a great promotion record, we signed him and we got promotion. Nick has won 2 promotions so knows what it is about. And he scored against our friends down the road. Sounds a good addition
moonwalk19
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by moonwalk19 »

Not sure where Freeman will fit in. With DJ injured possibly for a period of time it would be sensible Wilkinson will move to CF.I can see Brophy playing at left back with Kemp as the left winger. Freeman will possibly play right side of midfield or winger.Cisse is out of form and has been giving the ball away frequently. I can see Hector replacing him. Angol and Soteriou to stand down for Kemp and Freeman. What does the forum think ?
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

moonwalk19 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:35 pm Not sure where Freeman will fit in. With DJ injured possibly for a period of time it would be sensible Wilkinson will move to CF.I can see Brophy playing at left back with Kemp as the left winger. Freeman will possibly play right side of midfield or winger.Cisse is out of form and has been giving the ball away frequently. I can see Hector replacing him. Angol and Soteriou to stand down for Kemp and Freeman. What does the forum think ?
Would be my preference
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Loan signing Nick Freeman

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

I'd go Cisse, Freeman and Clay as the central three, Brophy on the left, Wilkinson on the right and Sotiriou or Angol in the middle. May start to see more of Cisse with better quality going forward. Also hoping we get to see Thomas at right back again or bring in an upgrade who will start both this and next season as first choice.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

With DJ and Nick "Fluff" Freeman we will be rocking.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Thanks for the info Shev
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:35 pm I'd go Cisse, Freeman and Clay as the central three, Brophy on the left, Wilkinson on the right and Sotiriou or Angol in the middle. May start to see more of Cisse with better quality going forward. Also hoping we get to see Thomas at right back again or bring in an upgrade who will start both this and next season as first choice.
No Kemp?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Story of O wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:35 pm I'd go Cisse, Freeman and Clay as the central three, Brophy on the left, Wilkinson on the right and Sotiriou or Angol in the middle. May start to see more of Cisse with better quality going forward. Also hoping we get to see Thomas at right back again or bring in an upgrade who will start both this and next season as first choice.
No Kemp?
True dat - how easily I forgot. So let's use him off the bench for a game or two while rotating Wilko into the centre forward position.
roffeys money
Fresh Alias

Post by roffeys money »

Constanza wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:48 pm With DJ and Nick "Fluff" Freeman we will be rocking.
That's music to my ears.