Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Admin »

You’re sort of agreeing with me by saying I’m completely wrong?

Righto.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Labour should have got themselves an anti-EU leader, that would have helped.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Newspapers reporting that Brenda ( HM Queen ) 's loathing of Tony Blair, is causing acute embarrassment. She is apparently blocking all appointments to the highest Orders in the land ( eg: Bath, Thistle etc ) to all Labour Politicians. So no hope for Lord Corbyn then! Even though he hates Blair as much as Brenda. Time to scrap the ludicrous Honours in UK.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Admin wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Thor wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:18 pm The wet lettuce has been warned that shadow ministers are planning to resign and defy the lettuce and his instruction to vote for the bill being presented to Parliament. Oh dear.
Trying to hard to appeal to the lost red wall.

Frankly Brexit is a Tory creation and Labour would be well served by letting them own the whole thing.
Probably spot on to be fair.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Clive Evans wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:55 am Newspapers reporting that Brenda ( HM Queen ) 's loathing of Tony Blair, is causing acute embarrassment. She is apparently blocking all appointments to the highest Orders in the land ( eg: Bath, Thistle etc ) to all Labour Politicians. So no hope for Lord Corbyn then! Even though he hates Blair as much as Brenda. Time to scrap the ludicrous Honours in UK.
Blair did some good things and was a decent PM however, he will always be tainted by the Iraq war and the lies he told parliament and we the people. The man should have stood trail for war crimes. He therefore doesn't deserve any further honours.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I have been reading that several front bench Shadow ministers are unhappy at being told they have to vote for the Brexit deal next Thursday.
The may even be a few resignations.
By voting for it, Labour then risk the scenario that if it all goes wrong, they will be told they voted for it so they are as responsible as the Tories..... And I agree with that.
Labour should vote against. The Tories have an 80 seat majority, they don't need Labour to get this through.
I personally would vote against, if I was an MP.
From the little I know of this 1200 page document, it seems the deal isn't too good, though better than no deal.
What a mess.... We had the greatest deal imaginable, while in the EU, and have thrown it away.
Utter madness
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Coyos we will absolutely fly once we are out and the pandemic is over. I read a couple of days ago our economy will be 23% bigger than frances within 15 years, this has been predicted by the CEBR, if that happens then I’d suggest a lot of people will be happy. Tech will be a big driver for us and that can happen anywhere in the uk which hopefully helps other areas and works to help level things up between north and south.

Look forwards with positivity rather than back with negativity.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Thory said:- Blair did some good things and was a decent PM however, he will always be tainted by the Iraq war and the lies he told parliament and we the people. The man should have stood trail for war crimes. He therefore doesn't deserve any further honours.

According to the article, Brenda's hatred has nothing to do with Iraq, but the way he stitched her up over Diana ( as per film " The Queen " ). Also the article goes on to say Labour does want Blair to get the big gong, it is Gordon Brown. Thory I wish you would do your research before coming on here. Too much youtube watching I fear. You should know there are some great videos on model railway layouts on youtube. Especially mine!!!!
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Sorry Clive are you saying labour wants Blair to get it or is it brown your suggesting gets it as that sentence doesn’t make sense. Please clarify, thanks.

I watch YouTube videos on boxing mainly, the mandolorian and music. Not much else other than those to be fair and not model railways! Glad you enjoy them though as each to their own.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:43 am Coyos we will absolutely fly once we are out and the pandemic is over. I read a couple of days ago our economy will be 23% bigger than frances within 15 years, this has been predicted by the CEBR, if that happens then I’d suggest a lot of people will be happy. Tech will be a big driver for us and that can happen anywhere in the uk which hopefully helps other areas and works to help level things up between north and south.

Look forwards with positivity rather than back with negativity.
Even if that does happen - which it won’t - do you think that will benefit the bottom 60 million people in this country?

It won’t.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Well let's hope it does and we build forwards a fairer society for all.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:36 am I have been reading that several front bench Shadow ministers are unhappy at being told they have to vote for the Brexit deal next Thursday.
By voting for it, Labour then risk the scenario that if it all goes wrong, they will be told they voted for it so they are as responsible as the Tories..... And I agree with that.
Labour should vote against. The Tories have an 80 seat majority, they don't need Labour to get this through.
From the little I know of this 1200 page document, it seems the deal isn't too good, though better than no deal.
What a mess.... We had the greatest deal imaginable, while in the EU, and have thrown it away.
Utter madness
Starmer is a lawyer and just does what all lawyers do , ‘sit on the fence’. Non-committal stance.
Hd should have persuaded his party to vote for Mays rotten deal which would have been more to the remoaner’s liking than the one now proposed. Don’t forget, he was lock up with the Tories in a kind of ‘love in’ for weeks trying to find common ground. Kept emerging periodically saying the ‘Tories are intransigent’ when May was moving all the time to appease Labour to get her deal over the line to no avail. When you look at the shower in the shadow cabinet and their leader at the time it was an impossible task.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Sorry I made a typo. Labour wants a gong for Gordon Brown Definitely NOT Blair. This not your usual Sirs etc but the Grand Orders usually offered to ex-PM's. Brenda is not anti-Labour. She loved Harold Wilson, made him a Knight of the Garter. Only the Sovereign can bestow this award. It is highest badge in UK. Only people with the Victoria Cross or George Medal have precedence. None of our present crop of Politicians likely to get them!
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:36 am I have been reading that several front bench Shadow ministers are unhappy at being told they have to vote for the Brexit deal next Thursday.
Utter madness
It is called ‘Democracy’ we had a People’s Vote Referendum and despite all attempts by the ‘stoppers’, The Prime Minister ensured that the result was converted into the UK leaving the EU.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Oiram wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:53 pm
Utter madness
It is called ‘Democracy’ we had a People’s Vote Referendum and despite all attempts by the ‘stoppers’, The Prime Minister ensured that the result was converted into the UK leaving the EU.
It wasnt truly democratic though. Vote Leave acted unlawfully, Johnson lied ( the £350,000 for the NHS which was a known lie), There was Russian interference etc etc
Us remainers were done up like a kipper
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:38 pm
Utter madness
It wasnt truly democratic though. Vote Leave acted unlawfully, Johnson lied ( the £350,000 for the NHS which was a known lie), There was Russian interference etc etc
As Henry Cooper used to say ‘Yeah, yeah yeah!’

All been said and complete nonsense. So what you are saying is Boris got an 80 seat majority because of the Ruskies now?

Look no further than Blair and his estimate of circa 14k Poles (don’t get me wrong I love Polish people) but not all of them at once. We have not got the infrastructure to handle such an influx of 4 million EU citizens. It is all done now, we have been out for a year, not gone over any cliff. You can still take your dog to France for the day on a booze cruise and we can have proper Duty Free and buy cheaper there than Tesco like the old days. Support your country! Buy British for a start?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Clive Evans wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:46 pm Sorry I made a typo. Labour wants a gong for Gordon Brown Definitely NOT Blair. This not your usual Sirs etc but the Grand Orders usually offered to ex-PM's. Brenda is not anti-Labour. She loved Harold Wilson, made him a Knight of the Garter. Only the Sovereign can bestow this award. It is highest badge in UK. Only people with the Victoria Cross or George Medal have precedence. None of our present crop of Politicians likely to get them!
Thanks for clarification. I'm not sure Brown deserves one though does he?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Nothing can be proved about russian interference in the EU referendum but theres strong likelihood there was.
Where did i say, Johnson got an 80 seat majority because of russian interference? Show me please
Have a look at the link..its not conclusive, but more than likely there was some russian interference
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_i ... referendum
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Stop believing the MSM it's all bullshit most of the time
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:45 pm Well let's hope it does and we build forwards a fairer society for all.
Oh ffs.

It won’t. You know that. You’re not that daft.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:09 am The Swedish charges were dropped due to a lack of evidence and probably because they were trumped up due to American involvement and their promise to fund the new Abba museum in Stockholm.
Yes, money, money , money,
Can be funny,
In the rich man’s World
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I strongly believe Starmers got it wrong once again, in putting a whip on Labour mps to vote for the governments free trade bill on wednesday.
Labour are the opposition, something starmers forgotton it seems. Labour must oppose the bill
the tories with an 80 seat majority, will easily get the bill through, then when it all goes pear shaped, the tories can own the mess alone
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Oiram wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:57 pm

All been said and complete nonsense. So what you are saying is Boris got an 80 seat majority because of the Ruskies now?

Look no further than Blair and his estimate of circa 14k Poles (don’t get me wrong I love Polish people) but not all of them at once. We have not got the infrastructure to handle such an influx of 4 million EU citizens. It is all done now, we have been out for a year, not gone over any cliff. You can still take your dog to France for the day on a booze cruise and we can have proper Duty Free and buy cheaper there than Tesco like the old days. Support your country! Buy British for a start?
Is that why the NHS is crying out for staff again?

Lots of polish who were employed in that fine institution buggered off back home

Cheers Brexit & the Tory party.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:43 pm
Oiram wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:57 pm

Is that why the NHS is crying out for staff again?

Lots of polish who were employed in that fine institution buggered off back home

Cheers Brexit & the Tory party.
Not many Polish in the NHS as nurses pre-Brexit, more from other continents. I employ a few Polish, all of who are settled here, no plans to return at present, most have bought their own flat or house and kids in schools. I use a Polish mechanic , see Polish staff in my local Bakery, cafes, restaurants and butcher. All say they are staying.

You cannot ‘blame’ Brexit on the Tories and Brexit Party. Labour voters in their droves got it over the line which they Starmer knows and has to win back their support.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Clive Evans wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:11 pm Thory said:- Blair did some good things and was a decent PM however, he will always be tainted by the Iraq war and the lies he told parliament and we the people. The man should have stood trail for war crimes. He therefore doesn't deserve any further honours.

According to the article, Brenda's hatred has nothing to do with Iraq, but the way he stitched her up over Diana ( as per film " The Queen " ). Also the article goes on to say Labour does want Blair to get the big gong, it is Gordon Brown. Thory I wish you would do your research before coming on here. Too much youtube watching I fear. You should know there are some great videos on model railway layouts on youtube. Especially mine!!!!
I feel a sort of irony here. Talking about too much YouTube whilst quoting a film dramatisation.