What You Doing On Run Up to Christmas

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

What You Doing On Run Up to Christmas

Post by Clive Evans »

With the bad weather, doggie walkies, nots so good. I been watching " Engrenages " ( Spiral_ I prefer Networks ). When it was on BBC4, I stepped into Series 4. I am now watching from beginning on iPlayer. it's good if you like strong women Joséphine Karlsson is my type of girl. But it does make you think that those Froggies are a rum lot
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: What You Doing On Run Up to Christmas

Post by Thor »

Whats wrong with the dog walkies Clive? I was out last night and went down by the golf course, couldn't see a thing and i was sliding everywhere!! Other than that it was a decent walk with my dog.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:13 pm With the bad weather, doggie walkies, nots so good. I been watching " Engrenages " ( Spiral_ I prefer Networks ). When it was on BBC4, I stepped into Series 4. I am now watching from beginning on iPlayer. it's good if you like strong women Joséphine Karlsson is my type of girl. But it does make you think that those Froggies are a rum lot
Unless you have dodgy knees and slide about in wet or wear a toupee , dogs still need their walks, rain or shine. I prefer walking them in the rain as less people out.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Erecting a flagpole in the garden to fly the Union Jack from. Hurrah!
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Working to Christmas eve.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Working with very full days until Wednesday and basically been given the day off xmas eve as an 'admin day'. Trying to get out with the baby for walks over lunch to let the missus have a sleep and I get to listen to my podcasts and get some exercise whilst he sleeps on me.

Other than that, just looking forward to watching trash tv and films and smashing into the chocolates and mince pies on Christmas eve. Given myself by own dietary 2 week 'firebreak' of no junk food to make the xmas period guilt free.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

We had our walk this afternoon. Albeit a brief 25 minute affair. Filou being a Basset variety, she has short legs like myself and gets a wet and dirty undercarriage. Fortunately my nether regions are a bit higher off the ground, so I don't have the same problem. Nothing worth watching on telly tonight so it's backing to drooling over Caroline Proust ( she can rough me up anytime ) & Audrey Fleurot. When they call out for Gilou, my dog Filou gets mightily confused. I do feel sorry for you guys who are working. I am sure about 100 years ago, someone predicted a work-free society.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:11 pm Working with very full days until Wednesday and basically been given the day off xmas eve as an 'admin day'. Trying to get out with the baby for walks over lunch to let the missus have a sleep and I get to listen to my podcasts and get some exercise whilst he sleeps on me.

Other than that, just looking forward to watching trash tv and films and smashing into the chocolates and mince pies on Christmas eve. Given myself by own dietary 2 week 'firebreak' of no junk food to make the xmas period guilt free.
What pods do you listen to ?

Anything good ?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:27 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:11 pm Working with very full days until Wednesday and basically been given the day off xmas eve as an 'admin day'. Trying to get out with the baby for walks over lunch to let the missus have a sleep and I get to listen to my podcasts and get some exercise whilst he sleeps on me.

Anything good ?
Depends what you are after. Bit of a connoisseur :lol: Subscribed to about 50 different ones, about 20 odd hours a week if i can.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Anything good ?
Depends what you are after. Bit of a connoisseur :lol: Subscribed to about 50 different ones, about 20 odd hours a week if i can.
Talkin sopranos & pijama pants are 2 non footy ones l listen to
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Anything good ?
Talkin sopranos & pajama pants are 2 non footy ones l listen to
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Avoiding the news and drinking wine whilst pondering the futility of being a lifelong O.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Dental check up this morning and thats it. Just waiting for the big day. We're in Tier 2, so son number 2 is working in the pub Xmas Eve. All festive stuff brought ages ago apart from fresh veg which we will get on Wednesday.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Working until 7pm Xmas eve. On strike Xmas day and Boxing day. Looking forward to getting bladdered on Xmas Day.
FargO
Fresh Alias

Post by FargO »

Experimenting with alcoholic permutations
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Clive Evans wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:13 pm With the bad weather, doggie walkies, nots so good. I been watching " Engrenages " ( Spiral_ I prefer Networks ). When it was on BBC4, I stepped into Series 4. I am now watching from beginning on iPlayer. it's good if you like strong women Joséphine Karlsson is my type of girl. But it does make you think that those Froggies are a rum lot
I love all these Euro/Scandi Noir programmes with sub-titles. Too much on UK TV is spoken "in a hush" for "the effect" :!: or with such a strong accent and I'm half Liverpudlian, so I know what an accent is and often speak the way my Liverpudlian mum taught me, but it's usually crap for those of us who have hearing difficulties. I love sub-titles, I can follow the plot entirely. :D

And Sofia Helin - well would I :?: :?: :?: like to meet her, of course I would. :D