Rules of this message board

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: Rules of this message board

Post by Esteban »

Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:47 am
Proposition Joe wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am 'Promoting threads which have a pop at Islam'.

Sounds a bit libellous to me.
Then sue me. I've already shown two examples (the comment I complained about, and the "Muslims V LGBT" thread) to people not on this board and they agree with me.

The problem is, the silo effect really is prevalent on messages boards like this. Where anybody who questions the general sentiment of the board is ostracized and singled out, even by admins. There are already members calling to "get rid" of me just because they don't like what I'm saying.

Really sad that a message board which is supposed to be about Leyton Orient is slowly becoming a refuge for thinly veiled bigotry. What a wasted opportunity this board has become.
I don't plan on suing you as I don't want to take your money. Just highlighting the hypocrisy of your complaints about unfounded allegations.

You clearly love the attention so as FTC has said, I'm going to draw a line under this now. You don't have any real interest in debating or discussing anything as you've notably failed to respond to reasoned replies to your complaints and just rehashed your original, flawed, claims and hidden behind 'you just don't like being questioned!' which is clearly untrue. You're like a rabid Brexit voter, high on slogans, bad faith arguments, 'sticking it to authority' and woe is me mentality, low on self awareness and desire for genuine talking points.

Have a good day.
Except I responded clearly about how it was divisive and your response was just "well I don't think it is". Then you have audacity to claim that I rely on bad faith arguments. Unbelievable.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

As it goes, I think the mods got it wrong on the Islamaphobic post that Esteban complained about - it's clearly trying the "one rule for them, another for us" shtick.

The rest of all this is a bit boring, tho.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

StillSpike wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 am As it goes, I think the mods got it wrong on the Islamaphobic post that Esteban complained about - it's clearly trying the "one rule for them, another for us" shtick.

The rest of all this is a bit boring, tho.
THANK YOU

Nice to know that I'm not the only one on here who recognises casual bigotry when I see it.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Well I started reading this cos my head was going to explode as I try fitting a kitchen. Now I've gone through all this my head is clear and I'm ready to go again.

Thanks everyone for your contributions, it's good for debate and ones ability to be able to focus once more on the task at hand.

Have a nice day all.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am
Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 am

Im not bothered about the content of your posts you have the right to say what you like. But you are fast becoming an obsessive boring little got. You used to be cool.
I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You could ignore them.

For the record, I have no problem with you at all, and you're welcome to your opinion about me. You're not an admin so I don't hold you responsible for what goes on here. However, calling for me to be banned because you don't like what I say is a bit much. I'm never abusive to anybody on here.
Mate calling for a ban is what I do. It's part of my schtick. It fits with my far left authoritarianism ascribed to me by the rightists on here but of course the opposite is true. It was a joke pal.
Don’t worry Max. I understand and like your (lack of) style. Carry on regardless.

PS. In words of two syllables what the heck is this thread all about?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:12 pm
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:51 am

I'm sorry that my posts bore you. You could ignore them.

For the record, I have no problem with you at all, and you're welcome to your opinion about me. You're not an admin so I don't hold you responsible for what goes on here. However, calling for me to be banned because you don't like what I say is a bit much. I'm never abusive to anybody on here.
Mate calling for a ban is what I do. It's part of my schtick. It fits with my far left authoritarianism ascribed to me by the rightists on here but of course the opposite is true. It was a joke pal.
Don’t worry Max. I understand and like your (lack of) style. Carry on regardless.

The Mods failed to deal with Islamophobic Boarding somewhere else on the Board. Esteban went off on one about that failure on at least 3 threads so far and wouldn't let it go. It was almost done in the same obsessional way he stalks poor Spen666 on here. It all got very tedious.HTH.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:17 pm

The Mods failed to deal with Islamophobic Boarding somewhere else on the Board. Esteban went off on one about that failure on at least 3 threads so far and wouldn't let it go. It was almost done in the same obsessional way he stalks poor Spen666 on here. It all got very tedious.HTH.
Excellent summary. The only bit I'd like stricken from the record is the claim that I "stalk" Spen666. I don't. His negative diatribe is widely available to all.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Excellent summary. The only bit I'd like stricken from the record is the claim that I "stalk" Spen666. I don't. His negative diatribe is widely available to all.
Are you bored yet?
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

Lucky7 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:47 pm
Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Are you bored yet?
Of what?
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Esteban wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:18 am Some very odd rules in force on here. So that everybody is clear and there is no confusion, here's what I've gathered so far.

Things that ARE allowed (on a Leyton Orient message board):

Constantly posting negative things about Leyton Orient and fans of the club
Telling other members of the board to "f*ck off"
Calling other members of the board a "t*t" because they bore you
Casual Islamophobia (providing that it's not so blatant that the admins are able to wave it away as innocuous)
Suggesting that Islamophobia isn't a bad thing
Falsely accusing other members of serious crimes such as stalking
Abusing Leyton Orient fans for getting a bit too carried away during celebrations for winning the league

Things that ARE NOT allowed (on a Leyton Orient message board):

Defending Leyton Orient and fans of the club against members who constantly post negative things about Leyton Orient and fans of the club
Suggesting that divisive comments about Islam are Islamophobia
Warning members that they may have accidentally exposed personal information in a post (as a matter of fact, you'll get accused of being the one doing the exposing)
Have you ever been accused of taking life too seriously?

Just asking.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Personally I agree with West side story. That and the wit of Max.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:00 pm Personally I agree with West side story. That and the wit of Max.
I think the latter is an urban myth. If not, please point me in the direction of evidence, as it appears to be sadly lacking on here.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Disoriented wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:03 pm
dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:00 pm Personally I agree with West side story. That and the wit of Max.
I think the latter is an urban myth. If not, please point me in the direction of evidence, as it appears to be sadly lacking on here.
FUD
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Elmar
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:17 pm
FUD
Aye jobby
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Wit and style are personal subjective views. Expressed my view, no proof needed. You don't agree, fine. I suspect your wit is about half of Max's.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

dOh Nut wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 pm
Wit and style are personal subjective views. Expressed my view, no proof needed. You don't agree, fine. I suspect your wit is about half of Max's.
Well im gutted .

I thought doh & dis came from the same users imagination !

Sorry Doh'
Still not sure about Dis'
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Evidence?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Probably a lot less than half to be fair.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

We didn’t have this sort of nonsense back in my day.

KMT
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Aren’t the rules of this message board the same as the rules of Fight Club?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Of course
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

I thought there were only 2 rules?

1. The moderators are always right
2. In all other circumstances see rule 1
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:04 pm I thought there were only 2 rules?

1. The moderators are always right
2. In all other circumstances see rule 1
Seems about right.