Wembley stewards

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Glenthorne
Fresh Alias

Wembley stewards

Post by Glenthorne »

It is good of Wembley to lay on a personal steward for every Fylde supporter.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Wembley stewards

Post by BIGRON »

17 of us had seats in the Cray section as we couldn't get seats in together in the O's end , on arrival we were refused entry as as the 7 kids in our party were wearing scarves , other o's fans were allowed in , we had togotothe box office and queue to change tickets , we ended up in the gods and missed the first 15 minutes of the game , fook the Wembley stewards .
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

BIGRON wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm 17 of us had seats in the Cray section as we couldn't get seats in together in the O's end , on arrival we were refused entry as as the 7 kids in our party were wearing scarves , other o's fans were allowed in , we had togotothe box office and queue to change tickets , we ended up in the gods and missed the first 15 minutes of the game , fook the Wembley stewards .
Shame you didn’t miss the whole game Ron
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Stewards at the majority of venues/events are all the same. What is it about some people when they put on a reflective jacket. The exception was the Games Makers -all volunteers- at the London Olympics. They were magic
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Put on twenty stone and wear a yellow jacket and you will fit right in. :(
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Queue to the Upper West was a bit of a mess but inside the ground, there was one tw*t in front of us who was being a real div and they had a word with him, rather than hoy him out. Same with his mate who was having a not so crafty fag while sat at his seat. Seen plenty worse at other grounds.
Captain Zep
Fresh Alias

Post by Captain Zep »

It can't be unreasonable to refuse entry to a section of the ground allocated to another team.in fact it was very reasonable for them to change your tickets, otherwise you'd be watching it in the local Spoons. On reflection it might have been a better option.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Spoke to a steward at the bottom of the ramp to find out the deal with drinks and bags and he was really nice, saying they’d be relaxed today and let kids take drinks and slightly oversized bag in. Then got pulled for a search by a jobsworth on entering who was overruled by his superior who waved us through and slagged off Wembley for being a rip off.

No complaints from me.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

True.They aren't all twenty stone or bad.
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

You generally get the reaction you deserve.

If you follow the rules, are polite to people, maybe speak to them in passing then you get a polite response. If you try going in the wrong section in your own club colours, what do you expect?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

But the other team weren't playing..
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

One did a little pat down on me inside the ground and asked me what was in my trouser pocket. I pulled out my wallet and informed him that he had missed my phone in my top pocket. He just shrugged his shoulders and carried on.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

I thought stewards and staff were great. When we arrived got through security pretty quickly, staff asked if we knew where we were going on a couple of different levels. Beers filled to the brim by friendly staff and at the end one of the stewards helpfully showed us where the lift was which was manned. OK, we were in level 2 in the Club Wembley area, but it was great treatment.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Real Al wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:50 am You generally get the reaction you deserve.

If you follow the rules, are polite to people, maybe speak to them in passing then you get a polite response. If you try going in the wrong section in your own club colours, what do you expect?
It was was not a problem for my party of 9 wearing club colours in the Cray section, never had one issue at all. Disoriented would have had a melt down though as the only burgers were in the orient section! I even approached Wembley staff not security and said come on my daughter wants a burger let me through and I'll come straight back, I won't cause any trouble as you can see I'm an O's fan. He politely declined and said we can't open up the segregation I'm afraid.

Also a big thumbs up from me. One of our party a very long time O is on crutches, after the game Wembley staff picked him up, put him in a wheelchair took him to a meeting point and bused him down to the lift at the station. Now to me that's top quality looking after people. Well done to Wembley and more importantly to the staff and service involved.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Our experience of the stewards was pretty good. But then again we complied with ground regulations.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

I didn’t have a problem. They were doing what they were paid to do.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Had no problem. My wife is a Typ1 diabetic and she was allowed to bring in a bigger bag with some snacks in. They put a green tag on to stop her having to plead her case over and over.
blindpew
Fresh Alias

Post by blindpew »

jamespevans wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pm Had no problem. My wife is a Typ1 diabetic and she was allowed to bring in a bigger bag with some snacks in. They put a green tag on to stop her having to plead her case over and over.
Have the same condition, got a medical cert from Wembley before game. Stewards were great, including the Boxpark.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

dOh Nut wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:45 pm Our experience of the stewards was pretty good. But then again we complied with ground regulations.
Well done you.