Minneapolis

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Minneapolis

Post by Long slender neck »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:18 am
greyhound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:24 am rioters don't give a s..t about ruining the lives of many innocent people
do they.
What’s more important, property and wealth or human life?
Can we only choose one?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Read today that he didn't die from asphyxiation. Why don't we wait for all the facts before judging?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:25 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:18 am
greyhound wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:24 am rioters don't give a s..t about ruining the lives of many innocent people
do they.
What’s more important, property and wealth or human life?
Can we only choose one?
I didn’t ask anyone to choose one.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chauvin the Ex Cop is now hit with divorce proceedings .

His wife is leaving his sorry arse.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... urder.html
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sat May 30, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Admin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm
Dohnut wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:17 pm The police officer needs prosecuting so the evidence can be tested in full. If guilty then a custodial sentence is a given.

Why would police act this way. Maybe it’s because on average 100 officers a year are murdered on the streets of America whilst they are doing their job protecting people. But hey, they are cops so that’s OK then.
Surpassing yourself now Maffy. You really do need a good look at yourself if you're honestly trying to find some form of excuse for this latest incident.
What? You mean by saying he needs prosecuting, which has happened and rightly so. Hardly making an excuse for the murdering bumhole is it. I
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

"Read today that he didn't die from asphyxiation. Why don't we wait for all the facts before judging?"

From where the policemans knee was loss of blood to the brain is more likely, the lack of breath was the other policeman on his back. I think the fact he is dead says it all really.

Mikero
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Mikero wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm "Read today that he didn't die from asphyxiation. Why don't we wait for all the facts before judging?"

From where the policemans knee was loss of blood to the brain is more likely, the lack of breath was the other policeman on his back. I think the fact he is dead says it all really.

Mikero
I Read somewhere that the US police learn techniques that mean they can apply pressure to the neck, as per the videos, without restriction to the airways. A valid way of subduing people Apparently. An action not without risk.

What concerns me are the videos that suggest he was not in anyway resisting arrest therefore making such actions unnecessary. That’s what concerns me, not the technique that is a valid action, but the need to use it.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Mikero wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:26 pm "Read today that he didn't die from asphyxiation. Why don't we wait for all the facts before judging?"

Mikero
Yeah he still died while being restrained. Still interested in the full story though.
DonaldRocks
Fresh Alias

Post by DonaldRocks »

The copper knew his victim. They had both worked as security in a local club. Apparently, he had a short fuse according to the former owner and would resort to over the top reactions with pepper spray etc.

https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-fire ... 0/5743990/

I see the demented was sh*tting himself last night. Probably, hiding under his bed, now encouraging Maga folk to go to the White House. That should end well.

When will Twitter take action and just suspend his feed?
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Mikero
Yeah he still died while being restrained. Still interested in the full story though.
And that is the key point. He died whilst being restrained. For me the question is was the restraint necessary. If yes it’s a whole different issue. But the evidence suggests no. If that’s the case it’s manslaughter. The rest is just added info but not really material. The video evidence available thus far suggests that level of restraint was not necessary. Therefore it was OTT and therefore manslaughter..

I hope the investigation is thorough, fair and free from bias.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:12 pm

Mikero
And that is the key point. He died whilst being restrained. For me the question is was the restraint necessary. If yes it’s a whole different issue. But the evidence suggests no. If that’s the case it’s manslaughter. The rest is just added info but not really material. The video evidence available thus far suggests that level of restraint was not necessary. Therefore it was OTT and therefore manslaughter..

I hope the investigation is thorough, fair and free from bias.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

O.k. The manslaughter of someone was diabolical especially as he was evidently handcuffed but no way does that excuse the scum who are using that as a pretext for looting , burning, and destroying peoples property. He has been charged , what more do they want.
As an aside I find the protest ‘black lives matter’ an affront. ALL lives matter ,and for the record the overwhelming murders of blacks are committed by blacks. The buck stops there.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

I mean, good intentions and all that, but...

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dohnut wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:45 pm
Admin wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:39 pm
Dohnut wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:17 pm The police officer needs prosecuting so the evidence can be tested in full. If guilty then a custodial sentence is a given.

Why would police act this way. Maybe it’s because on average 100 officers a year are murdered on the streets of America whilst they are doing their job protecting people. But hey, they are cops so that’s OK then.
Surpassing yourself now Maffy. You really do need a good look at yourself if you're honestly trying to find some form of excuse for this latest incident.
What? You mean by saying he needs prosecuting, which has happened and rightly so. Hardly making an excuse for the murdering bumhole is it. I
Don’t be a tw*t all your life Maffy. Read the 2nd para of your original post.
NuneatonO's
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by NuneatonO's »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:13 pm O.k. The manslaughter of someone was diabolical especially as he was evidently handcuffed but no way does that excuse the scum who are using that as a pretext for looting , burning, and destroying peoples property. He has been charged , what more do they want.
As an aside I find the protest ‘black lives matter’ an affront. ALL lives matter ,and for the record the overwhelming murders of blacks are committed by blacks. The buck stops there.
"He has been charged - what more do 'they' want".
Are you too dense to realise that this means absolutely diddly-squat - unless he is subsequently convicted and sentenced - if indeed he ever is?

Let's look at the previous for such charges against U.S. Cops, shall we?

This, from NBC last year:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/pol ... le-n982741

Since 2005, 98 nonfederal law enforcement officers have been arrested in connection with fatal, on-duty shootings, according to the Police Integrity Research Group’s data. To date, only 35 of these officers have been convicted of a crime, often a lesser offense such as manslaughter or negligent homicide, rather than murder.

Only 3 officers have been convicted of murder during this period and seen their convictions stand. Another 22 officers were acquitted in a jury trial and 9 were acquitted during a bench trial decided by a judge. 10 other cases were dismissed by a judge or a prosecutor, and in one instance no true bill was returned from a grand jury.

So to answer your question, what do they want indeed?

I think it's called JUSTICE - which considering the aforementioned numbers, rarely appears to be the final outcome, does it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:13 pm O.k. The manslaughter of someone was diabolical especially as he was evidently handcuffed but no way does that excuse the scum who are using that as a pretext for looting , burning, and destroying peoples property. He has been charged , what more do they want.
Is there no end to your mindless racism?
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Max B Gold wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:48 pm
Is there no end to your mindless racism?
It appears not.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Maxime, if the statement of facts is the definition of racism , then no.
Nuneatono, it’s called the rule of law, the accused is entitled to a fair trial where the facts are put to a jury. It might come as a shock to your minuscule brain but not every accused is guilty.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:07 pm Maxime, if the statement of facts is the definition of racism , then no.
Nuneatono, it’s called the rule of law, the accused is entitled to a fair trial where the facts are put to a jury. It might come as a shock to your minuscule brain but not every accused is guilty.
It wasn't a statement of facts though was it?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

What more do they want? Mind-blowing.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Maxine . Yes it was, as in England the overwhelming murders of blacks are committed by blacks. FACT, FACT, FACT.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Apple crumble, yes that’s a valid point. Apparently a crime has been committed and the perpetrator has been charged, what more do they want.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:15 pm Apple crumble, yes that’s a valid point. Apparently a crime has been committed and the perpetrator has been charged, what more do they want.
If you don’t know the answer to that, I’m afraid you are part of the problem.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:13 pm Maxine . Yes it was, as in England the overwhelming murders of blacks are committed by blacks. FACT, FACT, FACT.
What's the basis for this 'fact'? Please show your sources of information, ideally with cross - references.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Redcard wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:13 pm Maxine . Yes it was, as in England the overwhelming murders of blacks are committed by blacks. FACT, FACT, FACT.
Was thinking your sentence about "Black Lives matter" being an affront was the really racist bit.

An affront to who?

You have a big history of racial hatred on this Board. In fact you were banned before when you used to post as Osthickest and oldest.

Not sure why you are allowed to post your racist views on here these days. Maybe the Mods are too lenient.