Dominic Cummings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by Dunners »

Yep. And Cummings will slip up again. His arrogance and disdain for others, who he does not respect, makes that inevitable.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Classic Dom :)

Be interesting to see if that crock of poo poo is enough to have the normally fawning Mail & Co call off the attack they launched in today’s papers.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Sir Ed Davey still spouting the same rubbish about rules being broken. Presumably he didn't listen to the press conference or bother to try to understand the issue in any detail.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

slacker wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:52 pm Classic Dom :)

Be interesting to see if that crock of poo poo is enough to have the normally fawning Mail & Co call off the attack they launched in today’s papers.
I suspect it gives them the possible excuse to reverse course. It doesn't have to be much, and it certainly doesn't have to be true, but if they can say "well it's now not entirely clear that he broke the letter of the law, so in this time of national emergency we think we should move on" then they'll probably want to.

Any explanation, however implausible, enables his supporters to say "he's explained himself - move on!".
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

StillSpike wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:44 pm I think he was reasonably strong in it - with the exception of the 30 minute drive to a beauty spot to test his eyesight. That's real "dog ate my homework" stuff (I'll bet Johnson has used similarly convoluted stories when caught out in the past) - but it'll probably save his skin.

DCC's point above is very true - what this episode really exposes is how desperately dependent on him BJ is - and I think that will leave him open to his enemies inside and outside the party.
That 30 minute journey in his car to test his eyesight was laughable, if he was really worried about his eyesight what reasonable person would take his wife and son in the car risking their safety and all the other road users on his return journey.
Nobody in their right mind can believe a word this man says.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Can everyone please stop trying to politicise what was simply a father caring for his family?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

PoundhillO wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:57 pm
StillSpike wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 5:44 pm I think he was reasonably strong in it - with the exception of the 30 minute drive to a beauty spot to test his eyesight. That's real "dog ate my homework" stuff (I'll bet Johnson has used similarly convoluted stories when caught out in the past) - but it'll probably save his skin.

DCC's point above is very true - what this episode really exposes is how desperately dependent on him BJ is - and I think that will leave him open to his enemies inside and outside the party.
That 30 minute journey in his car to test his eyesight was laughable, if he was really worried about his eyesight what reasonable person would take his wife and son in the car risking their safety and all the other road users on his return journey.
Nobody in their right mind can believe a word this man says.

As I said - Any explanation, however implausible, enables his supporters to say "he's explained himself - move on!". It's clearly contrived and an outright lie - but that's not the point, it gives his supporters (even some on here, it seems) the option to say "he's explained all that - it's a non story"
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

:( Pray for Dom.

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Can we expect the press to apologise for the lies printed since last Friday?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dunners wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:00 pm Can everyone please stop trying to politicise what was simply a father caring for his family?
All perfectly reasonable. Course it was. I'm not sure how many of us had access to the "small print" around childcare that young Dom did though. But that must be our fault I suppose.

The hour round trip to Barnard Castle "to test if I could drive" was a corker. The Journo's question of "why didn't you just set off for London then and see how you felt?" left him spluttering a bit.

He broke all records for "errs and umms" throughout and, given his job, he's a sh*t liar. I suppose he is surrounded by pro's at that so no big deal. He'll have said enough to placate some of the party faithful but most of us still know he's an arrogant, lying, selfish tw*t. He'll probably survive as he's a perfect in this government.
Last edited by BoniO on Mon May 25, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

and the 2020 Winner of the Academy Awards for Best Actor goes to.......................................................opens envelope...............................................................................................................................................................................................................Dominic Cummings
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJQ5v ... bauBgVGBU-

at least these people are following the rules :roll:
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

All that ever came over the TV, papers, radio and media was "Stay at Home", "Protect the NHS" and "Save Lives".
At no time was anything ever said about "If you and your wife/partner are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 you can rush all over
the country to put your child in to a presumably safe zone". This was done when people were dying in their hundreds every day,
and yet Cummings went against his own rules at a time when everyone else was locked down solid.

Says a lot about Bumbly No. 1, doesn't it? :xxx
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

greyhound wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:41 pm https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrJQ5v ... bauBgVGBU-

at least these people are following the rules :roll:
As I said on another thread yesterday a lot of people gave up on social distancing around where I live about 3 weeks ago and certainly yesterday coinciding with the end of Ramadan.

The thing is this relates to Easter weekend when the majority of people were keeping to the rules and only the real stupid were out and about.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

West Side Story wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:33 pm and the 2020 Winner of the Academy Awards for Best Actor goes to.......................................................opens envelope...............................................................................................................................................................................................................Dominic Cummings
That compliments his 2nd 2020 Winner of the Academy Awards for Worlds Worst Bullshitter.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

faldO wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:21 pm Can we expect the press to apologise for the lies printed since last Friday?
Seriously, do you believe Cummings?......it sounds as if you do?
HeyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HeyO »

Liar, liar, liar.
Paddy Grealish
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy Grealish »

BoniO wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Dunners wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:00 pm Can everyone please stop trying to politicise what was simply a father caring for his family?
All perfectly reasonable. Course it was. I'm not sure how many of us had access to the "small print" around childcare that young Dom did though. But that must be our fault I suppose.

The hour round trip to Barnard Castle "to test if I could drive" was a corker. The Journo's question of "why didn't you just set off for London then and see how you felt?" left him spluttering a bit.

He broke all records for "errs and umms" throughout and, given his job, he's a sh*t liar. I suppose he is surrounded by pro's at that so no big deal. He'll have said enough to placate some of the party faithful but most of us still know he's an arrogant, lying, selfish tw*t. He'll probably survive as he's a perfect in this government.
Of course, when we think our driving skills might be impaired we take a test drive with our small child in the back of the car, don't we?

This was classic 'make the lie big enough, & they'll believe it' stuff.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

What bloke's first instinct is to take a sick ( potentially very very sick ) wife with their young kiddie, practically the whole length of England in a car? Then factor in the possibility of him becoming very sick en-route. Also his minions were telling us that if you broke down on such a journey or had an accident you could infect many others. The whole thing is staggering and he is giving our alleged PM advice on how to run the UK. And people swallowing his story. God! We are becoming a sad country.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

West Side Story wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:12 pm What bloke's first instinct is to take a sick ( potentially very very sick ) wife with their young kiddie, practically the whole length of England in a car? Then factor in the possibility of him becoming very sick en-route. Also his minions were telling us that if you broke down on such a journey or had an accident you could infect many others. The whole thing is staggering and he is giving our alleged PM advice on how to run the UK. And people swallowing his story. God! We are becoming a sad country.
An unelected bloke controls parliament .

Sounds like leaving the EU has changed nothing
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

faldO wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:21 pm Can we expect the press to apologise for the lies printed since last Friday?
Frightening!
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

“How are you feeling?”
“My eyes are not right, I think we should all get in the car, including our 4 year old child and make a round trip of 60 miles to test them, just in case....”

Move along, nothing to see here (pardon the pun)

Deary me..... 🙄
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/25/dominic- ... -12754159/

Dom posts on Trip Advisor

‘Pulled a sickie at work and dashed up for a chilled out couple of weeks including wander around this place. Spoiled a bit by some old coffin-dodger who kept pointing at us, but the Mrs coughed on his car handle as we left so that’s him sorted , Classic !"
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue May 26, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

You have to hand it to Dominic Cummings for having the courage to be cross examined live on TV with his job and reputation on the line.