Tranmere

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tranmere

Post by Sid Bishop »

RientO wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:39 pm
RientO wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 am

Makes you think that had Orient somehow survived in League Two in 2016/2017 and Becshiity has sold up then, that maybe Orient could have done this.
I think that in that scenario ( we had not got relegated ) Bechetti would have clung on and delayed selling the club.
He wasn't paying wages at the end, don't see how he could have started the following season.
Bechetti was a law unto himself, a wind up and completely unpredictable. At the end he seemed to want to destroy the very club he had spent so much money on. Thank goodness he eventually relented, moved on to sell the club to the new owners. If they had not come in to buy the Os, then the club might well have gone under, perhaps to start again as a Phoenix type of minnow club in one of the minor leagues.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Off The Hook wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 pm The referee fixed the result for his mate .....alegedly
I’m watching you.
Off The Hook
Fresh Alias

Post by Off The Hook »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:43 pm
Off The Hook wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:11 pm The referee fixed the result for his mate .....alegedly
I’m watching you.
So its you who is my stalker? Thats another mystery solved scooby
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:30 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:39 pm

I think that in that scenario ( we had not got relegated ) Bechetti would have clung on and delayed selling the club.
He wasn't paying wages at the end, don't see how he could have started the following season.
Bechetti was a law unto himself, a wind up and completely unpredictable. At the end he seemed to want to destroy the very club he had spent so much money on. Thank goodness he eventually relented, moved on to sell the club to the new owners. If they had not come in to buy the Os, then the club might well have gone under, perhaps to start again as a Phoenix type of minnow club in one of the minor leagues.
Not at the end Sid. It becomes clear by November, preceding our relegation to the NL that he had had enough. I predicted no new January signings back thendeite our problems. He took unbridge at the leaflets etc doing the rounds about him and the get out chants. Having put in so much money this was too much for him and his ego and he left us to rot. AA even commented how he felt hurt by fans actions.

He turned his back on the club in response to criticism. The type of man he was. Had we not found a buyer the club would be gone and Beelzebub is nasty enough to put two fingers up to the fan base and say serves you right. We are lucky.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 pm

Not at the end Sid. It becomes clear by November, preceding our relegation to the NL that he had had enough. I predicted no new January signings back thendeite our problems. He took unbridge at the leaflets etc doing the rounds about him and the get out chants. Having put in so much money this was too much for him and his ego and he left us to rot. AA even commented how he felt hurt by fans actions.

He turned his back on the club in response to criticism. The type of man he was. Had we not found a buyer the club would be gone and Beelzebub is nasty enough to put two fingers up to the fan base and say serves you right. We are lucky.
The end game started early on in his last season of being the owner. A ghastly season of complete and utter chaos with so many managers coming and going in and out through the revolving door, non stop falling out with players and staff, non payment of the staffs wages, the situation getting ever worse and at the end playing the youth team etc etc. Such awful memories, yuck !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 pm
bobo66 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:49 am Of course the question is, will we be able to keep the squad together. I'd be very surprised if we didn't receive offers for some of our more successful young players (Happe, Ekpiteta, Bonne, Koroma). Surely we won't keep them all.
How is it that James Norwood has been knocking the goals in now consistently for two or three seasons yet he's still at Tranmere .? By the logic on here he should have been at least playing in the Championship by now.
SouthStandDonut
Fresh Alias

Post by SouthStandDonut »

dOh Nut wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:46 pm

We are lucky on 2 counts 1. We found a buyer(and principle investor) that want tbe best for our club and 2. We had supporters who were willing tp stsnd up to the clown by organising protests and marches. Without those people we would be f@cked. I supported every march and demo btw