Stabbing by Roger Ascham School

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Stabbing by Roger Ascham School

Post by Thor »

Hold on a second here. I don't really want to associate with people who deal drugs, I dont want to associate with people who go about stealing things, I dont want to associate with people who cause physical harm to others. The only deterrent is tougher sentences surely? No play stations in prison, no TVs, no stuff that makes their life easier. Make them realise that you do crime you have to pay a pay a penalty of your liberty being taken away from you.

Concerning the schooling my daughter goes to a grammar school, they don't have any children with learning difficulties so they don't get extra funding. The local comprehensive has around 25% of kids that qualify and thus that school gets extra funding of something like £1,800 per pupil. Now I'm all for helping those that need help and support and hopefully that extra funding can be used to help those pupils attain a better level of schooling than they might if it were not there. What about the kids in the grammar school why cant they get extra funding to help them attain an even higher level than they might without the extra funding? Or the 75% of the pupils in the comprehensive that does not get the extra help either, why can't they be helped to reach an higher level? Education is the key to a better life, which may help to keep the kids out of trouble.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Have you thought that they don't have any kids with learning difficulties because, as a selective school, they just don't admit any?

The rest of your post is just proving the points that everyone else has made, rehashing tired and dispelled arguments. Out of interest though, you sure no-one from a grammar school has a criminal record? Quite the claim.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Imagine pumping your kid with private tutoring to get them into a grammar school then bleating about her not getting a decent education. 😂
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I never said grammar kids don’t go bad. I never said my daughter is not getting a good education, she is and is way ahead of where she should be so I’m pleased about her development. She also doesn’t have private tutoring, or tutoring at all.

PJ I uunderstand how the selective system works, my point is why don’t the government and it don’t matter what party is in power, why don’t they pump more money into education and give all children the same opportunities to succeed? Education is the key to the children’s future. I know some kids don’t care, I know some parents don’t care, it’s those that need reaching, nurturing and developing.

Take today, I went to watch a friends team play a friendly at U10 level. There was a boy in that team who I’ve known since he was a baby, his parents are split up, his mother has zero control over him, she will not do anything to change him or discipline him. He is 10, he has an asbo already. What is all that about?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm Hold on a second here. I don't really want to associate with people who deal drugs, I dont want to associate with people who go about stealing things, I dont want to associate with people who cause physical harm to others. The only deterrent is tougher sentences surely? No play stations in prison, no TVs, no stuff that makes their life easier. Make them realise that you do crime you have to pay a pay a penalty of your liberty being taken away from you.

Concerning the schooling my daughter goes to a grammar school, they don't have any children with learning difficulties so they don't get extra funding. The local comprehensive has around 25% of kids that qualify and thus that school gets extra funding of something like £1,800 per pupil. Now I'm all for helping those that need help and support and hopefully that extra funding can be used to help those pupils attain a better level of schooling than they might if it were not there. What about the kids in the grammar school why cant they get extra funding to help them attain an even higher level than they might without the extra funding? Or the 75% of the pupils in the comprehensive that does not get the extra help either, why can't they be helped to reach an higher level? Education is the key to a better life, which may help to keep the kids out of trouble.
There are a lot of words in your post and all's I can say is they amount to a great big hill of poo poo.

Your last point about education being the key is a good one. Except of course most schools expend more energy and resources trying to exclude the difficult kids you don't appear to recognise than they do trying to include them and making their lives valued.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

True about the exclusions, but the top selective schools were also getting away with excluding the kids who would not hit the top marks in exams.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:24 pm I never said grammar kids don’t go bad. I never said my daughter is not getting a good education, she is and is way ahead of where she should be so I’m pleased about her development. She also doesn’t have private tutoring, or tutoring at all.

PJ I uunderstand how the selective system works, my point is why don’t the government and it don’t matter what party is in power, why don’t they pump more money into education and give all children the same opportunities to succeed? Education is the key to the children’s future. I know some kids don’t care, I know some parents don’t care, it’s those that need reaching, nurturing and developing.

Take today, I went to watch a friends team play a friendly at U10 level. There was a boy in that team who I’ve known since he was a baby, his parents are split up, his mother has zero control over him, she will not do anything to change him or discipline him. He is 10, he has an asbo already. What is all that about?
Sorry mate, you’d gone on about one of your kids having a private tutor for the 11+ so I mistakenly assumed you’d done the same to get her there.

It kind of does matter which party is in power. Can’t comment on 2010-2014 but I’ve witnessed the cutbacks first hand from 2014 to date and seen the damage those Tory fannies are doing to our state schools with their cuts.

Sounds like that’s a pretty bad case of bad parenting. What is your point on that?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

ASBOs haven't been used since 2015, so unlikely that this poorly parented 10 year old has one.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:24 pm I never said grammar kids don’t go bad. I never said my daughter is not getting a good education, she is and is way ahead of where she should be so I’m pleased about her development. She also doesn’t have private tutoring, or tutoring at all.

Any Governments who want to increase spending on Education or the NHS or Policing etc , can only do so by increasing tax.

People do not vote in Elections for parties who promise to increase tax.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I think it's time that government had an honest and open discussion with the people. You are quite right that people dont vote for tax raising parties, I'd say I was certainly of that opinion previously. However, I always agreed with the lib dems on a 1% tax for the benefit of the NHS as it's an important part of our society and it needs to stay that way.

I would pay more for schools, health (inc social care) police, transport (although we get ripped by the train co's now) if it could be guaranteed it would be used to help and improve things. Not just words but backed by real actions then I'd be happy to contribute more than I have already done in the past.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Ah, another thread where people throw out really straight forward solutions to very, very nuanced situations, not having a clue why these kids have lives, and not having a clue what their lives are like or what might make them do something like this.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Another plumb who does not live in the real world.

How is it I can produce three kids who have never been in trouble in their whole life? They are polite, kind, courteous and respectful. How is it my wife and I can do it yet you say we don't really understand anyone else's life.? Its crap spouted by people like you as to why they are such troubled kids now. Stop making excuses for them. Stop pandering to their rubbish, hold the parents responsible, hold the kids responsible for their actions.

I went to school, could have done better, did I go round selling drugs? Stabbing people? Living a life on the dole? Stealing phones or whatever takes their fancy? No I never, I got off my arse and did something with my life.

Too many people have their hand out waiting for something from life, like it owes them, it owes you nothing. Too many excuses made.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm Hold on a second here. I don't really want to associate with people who deal drugs, I dont want to associate with people who go about stealing things, I dont want to associate with people who cause physical harm to others. The only deterrent is tougher sentences surely? No play stations in prison, no TVs, no stuff that makes their life easier. Make them realise that you do crime you have to pay a pay a penalty of your liberty being taken away from you.

You're gettin to be a very angry man. Would it help if I said you are a great big hero for bringing up your kids successfully. Why not patent the Thor method of child rearing and apply it to all the parents and kids you so despise.

Of course it won't work because the one thing most of those kids have in common is living in poverty. Living in households where financial strain and lack of opportunity leads to poverty of the mind and soul.
Andersonitis
Fresh Alias

Post by Andersonitis »

My pleasure.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:09 pm Another plumb who does not live in the real world.

How is it I can produce three kids who have never been in trouble in their whole life? They are polite, kind, courteous and respectful. How is it my wife and I can do it yet you say we don't really understand anyone else's life.? Its crap spouted by people like you as to why they are such troubled kids now. Stop making excuses for them. Stop pandering to their rubbish, hold the parents responsible, hold the kids responsible for their actions.

I went to school, could have done better, did I go round selling drugs? Stabbing people? Living a life on the dole? Stealing phones or whatever takes their fancy? No I never, I got off my arse and did something with my life.

Too many people have their hand out waiting for something from life, like it owes them, it owes you nothing. Too many excuses made.
Really sounds like your comfortable life, idyllic 3 kids and good education means you live in the 'real' world.

Again, you have no idea what the lives of these kids is like, you have no understanding of the strains on their upbringing and why that might lead to crime, you have no idea on pretty much anything you're claiming to have all the answers to.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Rap music.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

My name is Thor, and i'm here to say.
Stop stabbing people, or you'll get put away.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Probably angry Max, upset and sad that someone has once again been stabbed, in an area I love.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 pm My name is Thor, and i'm here to say.
I only see your actions in isolation
Aint got time to consider wider deprivation.
So I'm saying if you packin', your thinkin' flawed
Imma take you to task on this message board
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Thor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 pm Probably angry Max, upset and sad that someone has once again been stabbed, in an area I love.
The bum?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:27 pm
Thor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 pm Probably angry Max, upset and sad that someone has once again been stabbed, in an area I love.
The bum?
Homophobic. Please retract.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:48 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:32 pm My name is Thor, and i'm here to say.
Who the f*** is this? Pm’ing me at 5:46
In the morning, crack of dawn and
Now I'm yawning, wipe the cold out my eye
See who's this pm’ing me and why?
It's my wigga, Thor, from the message boards
Told me he was in the know about crime and know the intricate causes
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:47 pm
Proposition Joe wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:48 pm
Who the f*** is this? Pm’ing me at 5:46
In the morning, crack of dawn and
Now I'm yawning, wipe the cold out my eye
See who's this pm’ing me and why?
It's my wigga, Thor, from the message boards
Told me he was in the know about crime and knows the intricate causes
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

B*stardy.
Glorification of violence, cruelty and selfishness on tv, films and video games.
Prevalence and tolerance of drugs.
A national state educational system predicated on cultural-marxist indoctrination; many teachers enthusiastic practitioners thereof.
Wilful destruction of the family unit.
Wilful destruction of Christian religion and its ideological tenets.
Pathological reaction of some morally confused, unfulfilled people to blame anything else rather than the perpetrators.
Importation of Third World style intimidation and street violence.
Utterly inept and misdirected policing.
Widespread inability/resistance to act on conscience and therefore do what is right rather than what is profoundly wrong.
The weakest, shallowest, most superficial society in the history of Western Civilisation.