England Ladies, Steph Houghton and Millie Bright may miss game against Norway.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

England Ladies, Steph Houghton and Millie Bright may miss game against Norway.

Post by Sid Bishop »

What with the England cricket teams recent setbacks, now England Ladies football team may loose their inspirational Captain Steph Houghton, she is still not over the injury caused by the bad foul on her in the last minutes of their game against Cameroon. Also a bad virus in the camp has affected the players leaving centre back Millie Bright as a possible non starter for Thursdays game.

England centre-backs Steph Houghton and Millie Bright are "major doubts" for their Women's World Cup quarter-final against Norway, says boss Phil Neville. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48766811
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: England Ladies, Steph Houghton and Millie Bright may miss game against Norway.

Post by Thor »

Sid you’re proper into this women’s World Cup aren’t you? Glad you are enjoying it.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: England Ladies, Steph Houghton and Millie Bright may miss game against Norway.

Post by Red_Army »

I think they prefer to be referred to as England Women rather than Ladies.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Go Norway!!!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:22 am Sid you’re proper into this women’s World Cup aren’t you? Glad you are enjoying it.
I like most sport, be it men or women competing !!
I ran football teams from around 1971 to 1979 , did it because I loved football and could not play anymore because of a serious knee injury, so ran teams instead !! One year the players wives and girlfriends wanted to form a team to play in local women's games being played at the time, so they asked me to run and manage the team. First thing I noticed was that on average, the women in my team lacked the fitness and many of the skills needed to play the game but we did ok against the other teams, they were all much the same levels !! Then one day one of the women brought along a friend, a Chinese girl all kitted out in Chelsea strip ! I think I recall her saying she played for ''Chelsea Ladies'' well I cant find any record of a Chelsea ladies team of that time period, anyway, she was a really nice young woman and a great footballer, on a different level to the rest of the team ! She was so good that she used to come along to train with my men's team and play in the practice games. After that one season we never reformed the team, I often wonder what happened to the young Chinese lady, if she had been around now, then in my opinion, she would have been playing in a top women's team. I also watched a few of the Arsenal ladies team ( as they were called then ) back in season 2006–07 when they won the UEFA Women's Champions League.
My favourite player's at that time for Arsenal Ladies were winger Rachel Yankey and Centre half Faye White.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Red_Army wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:30 am I think they prefer to be referred to as England Women rather than Ladies.
Yes you are right, times change.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Dec 24, 5124 4:49 pm Go England!!!
RELENTLESS.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

My son has been watching it wall to wall and noticed that some aspects of the mens game are absent, such as diving, except for one team........England.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:01 pm My son has been watching it wall to wall and noticed that some aspects of the mens game are absent, such as diving, except for one team........England.
Don't worry the other nations will soon get the hang of it and catch us up.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Bound to lose on penalties or something.What's not to like?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Will this be repeated tonight if Norway win?
(Obviously "boys" will need to be replaced by "girls")

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 am Will this be repeated tonight if Norway win?

That was a classic !!
''Maggie Thatcher, your boys took a hell of a beating'' !!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

jamespevans wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:01 pm My son has been watching it wall to wall and noticed that some aspects of the mens game are absent, such as diving, except for one team........England.
Cant agree with that !!
Go look at the 2nd USA penalty given against Spain, Rose Lavelle dived like a swallow well after the so called foul, so obvious to anyone who has played football.

Really soft’: USA makes dodgy escape after controversial penalty
Women’s World Cup favourites USA were accused of diving to secure a controversial penalty that ensured their survival against Spain.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/football/ ... cd95048403
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:14 am Will this be repeated tonight if Norway win?

Apart from that famous part, Lilllelien also called Phil Neal some pretty bad names during the game. Neal had a bad tackle on a player called, Tom Lund, and Lillelien called him "the pig" for the rest of the game.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 am
Cant agree with that !!
Go look at the 2nd USA penalty given against Spain, Rose Lavelle dived like a swallow well after the so called foul, so obvious to anyone who has played football.

Women’s World Cup favourites USA were accused of diving to secure a controversial penalty that ensured their survival against Spain.
What does playing football have to do with it? Why would not playing make it any less obvious to a spectator?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Buddy Manucci wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:56 pm
Cant agree with that !!

What does playing football have to do with it? Why would not playing make it any less obvious to a spectator?
My own personal troll following my every comment, wonder who you were on the previous board, I have a few guesses !!
Seems like you love to go picking fights on this forum, keyboard warrior with nothing better to do. I just give my opinion as you and everyone else does, I shall write what I like, you don't like, then tough luck !
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Cheddar Bob.

So you can't answer.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Go Norway!! Go Vikings!!
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm Go Norway!! Go Vikings!!
Yeah we get the point.(Yet again)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Cant agree with that !!

My own personal troll following my every comment, wonder who you were on the previous board, I have a few guesses !!
Seems like you love to go picking fights on this forum, keyboard warrior with nothing better to do. I just give my opinion as you and everyone else does, I shall write what I like, you don't like, then tough luck !
Come on Sid - who is this rapscallion? Name names.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Sid Bishop wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 pm

Cant agree with that !!

Calm down Sid,me old mate. :(
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Blindin start 👍👍
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:28 pm Go Norway!! Go Vikings!!
Yawn! :roll:
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

2 Zip at half time , well on the way ⚽️⚽️
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

3-0 up, what a cracking goal by Lucy Bronze !