Travis & Teagues limited Budget

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Travis & Teagues limited Budget

Post by tuffers#1 »

They keep saying a top 8 budget
Well they would wouldnt they .

Keep the Half wit fans happy so they part with there
hard earned every season .
Pointless Words

Not enough wedge for GOOD PLAYERS
More Funds Gentlemen

Hiring & Firing managers isnt the problem
Its having a good enough squad

Quality players at this level &
More of them .

Top 8 budget my Ars3 !
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Travis & Teagues limited Budget

Post by Dohnut »

Got a new roof and past managers to pay off. Prioritise! We will have a nice tidy ground in the NL. And an expensive manager and assistant of Long deals. What’s not to like.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Fewer Season Tickets sold !
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

I remember birth Travis and Ling harping on about how they'd planned the budget around the wage cap (that never was). A valuable lesson to Mr Travis about getting to be too clever for his own good methinks.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:40 pm I remember birth Travis and Ling harping on about how they'd planned the budget around the wage cap (that never was). A valuable lesson to Mr Travis about getting to be too clever for his own good methinks.
I agree with tuffers that if we want promotion to League One then we're going to need a bigger budget . Richie has proven at Swindon he's shrewd enough to sign the right players to get us promoted . All new signings in the Summer must solely be Richie's choices without any interference from our useless transfer committee .
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

gshaw wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:40 pm I remember birth Travis and Ling harping on about how they'd planned the budget around the wage cap (that never was). A valuable lesson to Mr Travis about getting to be too clever for his own good methinks.
Thing is, even at our level, it is always hard parting with cash, look at that time with the Beelzebub and fold up program, that hit me hard, even worse when a regular steward said to me when I bumped into him locally that he wanted to work for nothing to save the club he loved. compare that to Chelsea now who have to find 28 million to pay the next staff wage soon, all relative. Thing is the , when we are in the mire the owners have to take s long hard look at their investment and know Americans will cut their losses if given the chance. We have had a terrible few years recently and when we were on our way we lost Justin. We always seem to survive but I feel if we do go down again it will be far tougher getting back up as we are progressively getting weaker.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:52 pm
I agree with tuffers that if we want promotion to League One then we're going to need a bigger budget . Richie has proven at Swindon he's shrewd enough to sign the right players to get us promoted . All new signings in the Summer must solely be Richie's choices without any interference from our useless transfer committee .
A 36 game season settled on points per game proves nothing !!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:58 pm
They were still good enough at that point to be top of the league playing some excellent football along the way . They tore us a new one at home that season
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:07 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:58 pm

They were still good enough at that point to be top of the league playing some excellent football along the way . They tore us a new one at home that season
2 points covered the top 3 & 2 points to 4th .
They were well clear & then start to wobble
as others closed in .

Still they won a shortened season promotion
so Ill give him that .
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

I totally agree with you RedDwarf , all new signings in the Summer must solely be Richie’s choices without any interference from our useless transfer committee, neither as a group or individually.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:25 pm
I totally agree with you RedDwarf , all new signings in the Summer must solely be Richie’s choices without any interference from our useless transfer committee, neither as a group or individually.
Whats the point of him choosing if the budget isnt big enough to get what he wants ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:33 pm

Whats the point of him choosing if the budget isnt big enough to get what he wants ?
It's down to the board to back their chosen manager and make sure the budget is enough .
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:15 pm

It's down to the board to back their chosen manager and make sure the budget is enough .
Spot on !
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Of course we have a top 8 budget.

Smith, Smyth, Pratley, Beckles, Thompson, Vigaro, Drinnan, James, Wood, Archibald - they ain’t dropping down from L1 for L2 wages.

The problem is the clown in charge of the budget.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Just remember they got a £8.7M cash injection from the new investors. Makes the last window even more galling...
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:59 pm Of course we have a top 8 budget.

Smith, Smyth, Pratley, Beckles, Thompson, Vigaro, Drinnan, James, Wood, Archibald - they ain’t dropping down from L1 for L2 wages.

The problem is the clown in charge of the budget.
9 players & 1 sicknote doesnt win promotion & they wouldnt drop down if they were good enough for someone higher unless there doing an ollie palmer .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Isnt that what they said to kj. Here is a top 8 budget ? Needs to be a top 2 budget .
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:23 am

Isnt that what they said to kj. Here is a top 8 budget ? Needs to be a top 2 budget .
Do you understand finance ? I suggest you try and support Bury or Macclesfield. But carry on demanding a top two budget from a team only just in the top 8 with attendances. Bradford have crowds four times our. I'm happy with a top 8 budget, but would like a top 8 team to go with it, rather than one potentially heading to the National League.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:09 am

Do you understand finance ? I suggest you try and support Bury or Macclesfield. But carry on demanding a top two budget from a team only just in the top 8 with attendances. Bradford have crowds four times our. I'm happy with a top 8 budget, but would like a top 8 team to go with it, rather than one potentially heading to the National League.
They’re only guessing at top 8, they don’t have all the stats to hand. I’d suggest it’s well within that.

The problem isn’t the amount of money the board have made available. It’s who they’ve entrusted it to.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:12 am

They’re only guessing at top 8, they don’t have all the stats to hand. I’d suggest it’s well within that.

The problem isn’t the amount of money the board have made available. It’s who they’ve entrusted it to.
Spot on.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Of course I understand finance & budgets , do you understand running a successful buisness with a limited footfall ?

Increase your revenue stream & Your potential increaces hence why we signed a deal with youtube influencers .
Yet still we are missing an opportunity with 1 of the biggest if not the biggest football populations going purely through who we are .

Top 8 Budget means you prepare to fail ,
Top 2 budget means preparing to succeed !!
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

You never know, if T&T give us a top 2 budget, Lingy may secure us a top half finish!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

They will if they re-sign dancing boy Judd ! :D
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Reflecto wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:06 pm Just remember they got a £8.7M cash injection from the new investors. Makes the last window even more galling...
How much of that is going on Ling's vanity projects though? Travis talked about buying a second training ground for the academy and women's team... is that really more of a priority than the first team squad?
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

I would imagine it must be very hard for the club to work out what is a "Top 8", or "Top 2" budget anyway.

Unless they've seen the budgets of the other 23 clubs in the division, which seems impossible, then guesswork at best would be the only thing employed.

It would be very difficult indeed to rank, so it's just soundbites really.