Who would want to manage

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Who would want to manage

Post by cockhat »

This absolute joke of a club.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Who would want to manage

Post by Stan1972 »

I can’t see any manager taking this job, DH will get the gig
Demarco
Fresh Alias

Post by Demarco »

Exactly!

The sacking of Jackett has backfired even more now. I'm sure he would've turned things around apart from his obvious problem with Ruel.
The freefall is more than just concerning, it's just as though the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club again.

UNACCEPTABLE
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

The only person would be someone with no further career prospects who would be happy taking the payoff when they inevitably get sacked.

The DoF role makes it a poisoned chalice for anyone else.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Well, that's all settled then. What a load of old tosh. A decent manager could keep us up - with a following wind and player participation.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

BoniO wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:14 pm Well, that's all settled then. What a load of old tosh. A decent manager could keep us up - with a following wind and player participation.
Absolute bollocks!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Demarco wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:45 pm Exactly!

The sacking of Jackett has backfired even more now. I'm sure he would've turned things around apart from his obvious problem with Ruel.
The freefall is more than just concerning, it's just as though the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club again.

UNACCEPTABLE
I saw Kenny's last couple of games in charge and it was clear the players were not fighting for him . As soon as we conceded a goal our heads would drop . Something was very wrong so Kenny had to go . At least the players are fighting for Matt Harrold given our last two results , even if they were flukes.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Stan1972 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:42 pm I can’t see any manager taking this job, DH will get the gig
Who is DH?
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

spen666 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:58 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:42 pm I can’t see any manager taking this job, DH will get the gig
Who is DH?
Debbie Harry!
Could be worse!👍
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

cockhat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:33 pm This absolute joke of a club.
Nobody by the sounds of it....
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

cockhat wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:02 pm
spen666 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:58 pm
Who is DH?
Debbie Harry!
Could be worse!👍
40 years ago - she would sell every home game out
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

I honestly feel that any manager would struggle given the players at his disposal. We have got absolutely no midfield which is why we have to resort to just hoofing balls in the vague direction of Harry Smith.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

All too pessimistic..the only way is up.

Hold on….
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

Having reflected on yesterday’s game and the drip feed of rumours coming out of the club I am concerned. It would appear that none of our top manager targets want to touch us with a barge Pole. We left it too late to sack Jackett and had no one else lined up. We will end up with Harrold until the end of the season with Ling picking the team and formation with zero accountability.

Most of the players also appear not to give a toss. All the senior pros will have relegation release clauses and will not put their bodies on the line to get out of this mess. Again another recipe for disaster.

Top that off with our current playing style where we are getting dominated by teams fighting for their lives. We couldn’t manage 1 corner against Stevenage yesterday. Everyone can see that how we are playing isn’t working. Madness is defined by doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

I honestly feel we are sleepwalking into relegation and all that Justin achieved is going to be thrown away due to inaction. The people running this club should be ashamed of themselves. As usual it will be blamed on bad luck / COVID and injuries. It is clear that something isn’t right behind the scenes and that must be addressed before we can move forward.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

KenleyO wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:38 am Having reflected on yesterday’s game and the drip feed of rumours coming out of the club I am concerned. It would appear that none of our top manager targets want to touch us with a barge Pole. We left it too late to sack Jackett and had no one else lined up. We will end up with Harrold until the end of the season with Ling picking the team and formation with zero accountability.

Most of the players also appear not to give a toss. All the senior pros will have relegation release clauses and will not put their bodies on the line to get out of this mess. Again another recipe for disaster.

Top that off with our current playing style where we are getting dominated by teams fighting for their lives. We couldn’t manage 1 corner against Stevenage yesterday. Everyone can see that how we are playing isn’t working. Madness is defined by doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

I honestly feel we are sleepwalking into relegation and all that Justin achieved is going to be thrown away due to inaction. The people running this club should be ashamed of themselves. As usual it will be blamed on bad luck / COVID and injuries. It is clear that something isn’t right behind the scenes and that must be addressed before we can move forward.
This is the best post I've seen in here for ages, if not ever.
Totally accurate and honest appraisal of the situation the club is in
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Agree with other comments, having Ling still at the club and the ridiculous transfer committee will be a poison chalice.