We should know what happened

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

We should know what happened

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

We should know what happened in the January transfer window. We were told that it would be an "aggressive" window to boost our promotion chances.
Jackett talked about how important January would be. Did HE want those players or not? I think NOT. We have only headed one way since that cack was brought in - and it's certainly not for the promotion push we were promised!
spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: We should know what happened

Post by spen666 »

Why Should you know what happened.

Its a matter for the owners of the club only. Its their business only
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Brastrapovich0 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:44 pm We should know what happened in the January transfer window. We were told that it would be an "aggressive" window to boost our promotion chances.
Jackett talked about how important January would be. Did HE want those players or not? I think NOT. We have only headed one way since that cack was brought in - and it's certainly not for the promotion push we were promised!
Half Wit fan doing the Half Wit thing !
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

spen666 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:50 pm Why Should you know what happened.

So supporters have no right to understand how the club is run? Personally I believe that Jackett did pick the players, but only from the pile of cack he was offered with insufficient budget to get the job done.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

I think that the transfer committee might have had diverse objectives e.g. lets bring in players who will develop and we can sell on rather than we need to plug gaps in the first team immediately. Re: budget - also probably trying to get to self-sufficiency too quickly when the club has more funds than ever before! The focus should have just been on halting the slide - whatever the means!
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:57 pm

So supporters have no right to understand how the club is run? Personally I believe that Jackett did pick the players, but only from the pile of cack he was offered with insufficient budget to get the job done.
Quite right, we should know. For example, was Jackett pressurised or influenced with any of the signings? This would also give us some idea about the incoming manager. Why shouldn't the fans have some idea of what's going on? Especially with the ongoing calamity surrounding Brisbane road at the moment.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Save your breath guys . This is “Fletchergate “ Mk2 and information will be consigned to the same file marked “Move On - Nothing To See Here”! 😕
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:00 pm
Brastrapovich0 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:44 pm We should know what happened in the January transfer window. We were told that it would be an "aggressive" window to boost our promotion chances.
Alias alert
Eh? Is this not our cello-lovin’ fan?
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

What I believe is that Jacket was offered a list of players and ended up with all the players brought in being no. 4 or 5 (maybe lower) on the list.
I can't believe that Jacket would put his job on the line picking all this lot out, not with his pedigree.
What I do think is that Ling is no more than a compliant bean counter. He proved this the year we were top of the league and needed another 1 or 2 players to secure promotion, that was the famous " I couldn't find anyone better than we had" quote. That cost us promotion and a championship in my opinion.
Julian above has called it spot on!
Brastrapovich0
Fresh Alias

Post by Brastrapovich0 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:57 pm

Maybe - but a lot more of the 'insufficient budget' must have been spent on getting rid of Jackett and Gallen!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

slacker wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:58 pm
Alias alert
Well spotted. Ignore me
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Obviously, they are very keen to expand the business. I get many PR emails from the Club. They try to make it my business, too. I do not want to follow a club that involves itself with secrecy: they can not have it both ways.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

It does not matter what each of you think, the senior management have stated what happened and that's that. If you are waiting for some confession then you will be waiting a bloody long time.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

slacker wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:58 pm
Alias alert
I love the cello , cant play a note though . please give a more succinct description .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

I'd love to know how they decided on the players we signed in January. If they followed the same process as the summer it seems to have created 2 hugely different outcomes.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:59 pm I'd love to know how they decided on the players we signed in January. If they followed the same process as the summer it seems to have created 2 hugely different outcomes.
?????? How would it possibly the same ? summer was nearly 100 % of 1st team budget january will only be asmall budget as the near 100% was already used .
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Adz wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:59 pm I'd love to know how they decided on the players we signed in January. If they followed the same process as the summer it seems to have created 2 hugely different outcomes.
?????? How would it possibly the same ? summer was nearly 100 % of 1st team budget january will only be asmall budget as the near 100% was already used .
Where do you get that from? They said over the summer that budget had been left for January, then they said they've added to that for a promotion push. I suspect that after a couple of injuries at the end of the year the budget was split 6 ways instead of 3 or 4 so they've gone from 3 or 4 good players to 6 not very good ones. Hopefully we survive the year to learn from this mistake
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:14 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:05 pm
Where do you get that from? They said over the summer that budget had been left for January, then they said they've added to that for a promotion push. I suspect that after a couple of injuries at the end of the year the budget was split 6 ways instead of 3 or 4 so they've gone from 3 or 4 good players to 6 not very good ones. Hopefully we survive the year to learn from this mistake
they play for a league 2 side , what in hell would ever make you think they were "GOOD PLAYERS " . I thought you were brighter than that !
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Reflecto wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:07 pm I think that the transfer committee might have had diverse objectives e.g. lets bring in players who will develop and we can sell on rather than we need to plug gaps in the first team immediately. Re: budget - also probably trying to get to self-sufficiency too quickly when the club has more funds than ever before! The focus should have just been on halting the slide - whatever the means!
The owners are businessmen with every right to aim for self-sufficiency. I think we would struggle for better. I would rather support Orient in the National League than Bury or Macclesfield as they are now. We will never know the extent to which the January budget was restricted or enhanced. The owners are not football men and are learning how to finance a football team for maximum value. The signs were not good as we entered January, but I don't think the danger of relegation was as apparent then as it is now. I've no doubt things would have been done differently if they had foreseen where we are now. I applauded the appointment of Jackett, but perhaps we needed a manager more used to looking for budget players (if that has been the case), rather than off the shelf successes. I've no doubt that the owners were disappointed when the wage cap didn't happen. All I suggest is if money is tight, to be honest and not to over raise expectation, as unfortunately the appointment of Jackett undoubtably did. Sacking managers may be the best way forward, but don't expect promotions/play offs from a squad with players brought in to develop. Admittedly just survival would be good now.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

[/quote

I don’t think Coleman was Kenny ‘s signing.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

strange by red