Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Confirmed, assisted by Brian Saah. Uncanny prediction by whoever it was

“With a decision on a change of manager made, Matt and Brian will take temporary charge of first team affairs whilst the process begins for Kenny Jackett’s replacement,” said Nigel Travis, Chairman.

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Post by Long slender neck »

Should bring sufficient banter to lift the team
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

😂😂😂😂😂

f*** that.

Have fun on Saturday y’all, I’m out.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

As Albert Steptoe said when in trouble ............ "HAROLD"!
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:07 pm 😂😂😂😂😂

f*** that.

Fair enough response really. I'd rather have left Jackett in charge for Carlisle and started to line up someone behind the scenes.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

We'll win on Saturday.

Doesn't matter how experienced or proven you are, you lose the dressing room and you lose games.

I'm sure the players have a solid bond with Harrold and Saah, and they will play with more confidence as a result.

Good for the interim.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’m not actually sure what Harold is still doing at the club and why he wasn’t bombed out with all the others from the NL days.

Saah is Lings new Embleton.

Absolute joke.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BigDaddyO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:11 pm We'll win on Saturday.

Doesn't matter how experienced or proven you are, you lose the dressing room and you lose games.

I'm sure the players have a solid bond with Harrold and Saah, and they will play with more confidence as a result.

Good for the interim.
What were Harold and Saabs previous roles?

I thought Saah was doing the Brian Saah Academy and a bit of part time coaching of kids at the club?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Lets hope this solution is only for the Carlisle game.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Nothing in or connected to this club is straight forward is it? There always has to be a period of fcuking around.
HenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by HenleyO »

Pretty obvious wasn’t it.
Let’s pray for the win on Saturday.
Brian Saah has been doing a good job with the U18’s.
Harrold is well liked so fingers crossed
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm I’m not actually sure what Harold is still doing at the club and why he wasn’t bombed out with all the others from the NL days.

Absolute joke.
rubbish ,saah was connected to lingy way before Ross. or is it because Brian is black &Matt is ginger that offends you so much ?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm I’m not actually sure what Harold is still doing at the club and why he wasn’t bombed out with all the others from the NL days.

Absolute joke.
TBF there had to be a temporary manager though. Who else at the club would you have preferred?

Just hope we don't drag out feet on this. We need to actually look at who is available, see who we'd like and then approach them/other options rather than going through another drawn out application process.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:07 pm 😂😂😂😂😂

f*** that.

No other option was there?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Bet they get it until the end of the season after a win and a draw
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

A lot to ask a bloke who’s never managed a game and another one who’s not been near a first team since his playing days to get points in two 6 pointers.

But…we aren’t going to employ a manager in 4 days so someone had to do it, and who else is there?

Harrold had a knack of scoring important goals. Maybe he could play himself?

All jokes aside you can only hope that his personality will lift things and the squad responds to a change. Squeaky bum time though
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Harrold had a few games in charge of a club (might have been Crawley) in similar circumstances before he came to the O's. He's really popular with the players which is going to help, Harrold and Saah are likely to be in place until after next weeks game at Col U.

These sort of changes either evoke a good response or do nothing at all. I think I back Matt to get something out of Saturdays game and give us all a boost.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm Bet they get it until the end of the season after a win and a draw
Then Harold is released after results tail off, Ling convinces the board that Saah is the next big thing and he’s given a 12 month rolling contract from the start of the 2022/23 season.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:35 pm A lot to ask a bloke who’s never managed a game and another one who’s not been near a first team since his playing days
Did Brian ever play for anyone other than Martin Ling? Nice range of managerial types he’s got to draw on there.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm Bet they get it until the end of the season after a win and a draw
Then Harold is released after results tail off, Ling convinces the board that Saah is the next big thing and he’s given a 12 month rolling contract from the start of the 2022/23 season.
Next manager after Harrold will be Samling
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:52 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Next manager after Harrold will be Samling
😂
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Matt Harold was temporary manager of Crawley Town for one match against Mansfield when Crawley fought back from 2 nil down to get a draw. I can't remember the last time Orient fought back from 2 nil down.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I knew it as I posted this morning, The lunatics have finally taken over the asylum 💁Feel sorry for all the season ticket holders that have paid good money. It’s obvious that Harold was kept on just in case this situation arose, why wasn’t Harold shown the door at the beginning of the season like all the others they got rid of? This has Ling written all over it. Another one he can manipulate. I’d be very surprised if they got another manager in now
Mylo Xyloto
Fresh Alias

Post by Mylo Xyloto »

games coming thick and fast. We really need to act quickly.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Give the fella a chance, at least..