Reasons for KJ to stay in charge

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Frogger
Fresh Alias

Reasons for KJ to stay in charge

Post by Frogger »

Apart from a financial aspect I can’t see a single one.
I think actually paying him off will still be cheaper option than being relegated agin!!!!

I really can’t think of a single reason he should still be working at this club, apart from we don’t want to pay him off.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Re: Reasons for KJ to stay in charge

Post by tuffers#1 »

Still 51 points to play for .

End of March before anything happens
Still you post another 50 threads on what you think !
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Who do some people seriously think we are going to replace him with who has a better management record? I suspect the only suggestions will be the normal National League or ex National League Managers. I'm not totally against this, but it makes me laugh when a player such as Coleman is written off by some for that reason.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

1) He has loads of experience - exactly what you need if you are in a relegation battle.
2) His career win ratio is great.
3) He's only had 29 games in charge.
4) The squad he has been given (and apparently had some say in) is a joke, depth wise as well.
5) Injuries.
6) Who we going to get for the rest of the season and why?

There's 6 to start with...in reality the threat of being relegated is ridiculously remote.

Dont get me wrong, i wont shed a tear if we do sack him, but i dont see much benefit in it.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

1) will cost a fortune to get rid
2) the alternative will probably be internal with little experience
3) no transfer window to make any squad changes
4) he's at least trying new ideas desperately looking for a solution

Had these results came in the postponed games I think we would've been in new manager territory, now it's hold onto your hats and hope we can scrap enough points to stay out of trouble.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

If someone like Kenny can’t come in here and be successful, there’s something wrong somewhere.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

7) nothings changed in 29 games when everyone said he was the right man for the job.
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Why do people care how experienced Jackett is?

Doesn't matter how experienced he is or what he's done at other clubs in the past, he is dragging us back down to the national league and we're boring as hell to watch too.

Get rid ASAP, get literally anyone else in until the end of the season. Harrold could do a job to steady the ship, get that new manager bounce, we just need someone else to come in and shake things up.

If jackett was gonna come good he'd have done so by now, can't believe there are still apologists for him to be honest, mind boggling.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Harold :lol:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:47 am 1) He has loads of experience - exactly what you need if you are in a relegation battle.
4) The squad he has been given (and apparently had some say in) is a joke, depth wise as well.
5) Injuries.

There's 6 to start with...in reality the threat of being relegated is ridiculously remote.

Dont get me wrong, i wont shed a tear if we do sack him, but i dont see much benefit in it.
Why do you say the threat of being relegated is ridiculously remote . It's not remote at all . Have you looked at the league table lately ?
KC & sunshine band
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by KC & sunshine band »

keep him here to June when the rolling contract will be reviewed
If he goes or stays, or if they recruit within the club, or get an external candidate, the problems will remain because the elephant will still be in the room
The elephant is the structure of the club with A Director of Football, A confusing committee responsible for transfers, a Marketing, spin , spiel machine that does not relate to the product on the pitch, and finally a recruitment process that is not fit for purpose.
Keep him to June but don't expect any change while the elephant is still here !
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:09 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:47 am 1) He has loads of experience - exactly what you need if you are in a relegation battle.
5) Injuries.

Why do you say the threat of being relegated is ridiculously remote . It's not remote at all . Have you looked at the league table lately ?
It’s obviously a possibility but it would need a lot of quite remote circumstances to all happen at once:
- us to continue this form - I know it seems like it will never end but this same squad was top 3 at one point. The reality is we weren’t that good and we aren’t as bad as our current position.
- you’d also need a bunch of teams below us who have won 6/7 games out of 30 to win at least the same amount of games in the last 16 games I.e to double their points ratio.
- And you’d need about 7 teams to all do this, all teams who have struggled
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

well all I know is 33 points isn't enough so as soon as we can win another 19 or 20 points I can relax.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:27 pm 7) nothings changed in 29 games when everyone said he was the right man for the job.
Eh? Form has gone from fantastic to dog sh*t and he doesn't look like rectifying it. Thats all that matters.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Same anti Ling and Ross people scrambling around to defend a man who has given us worst form in nearly 30 years.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

As I’ve said, if he got sacked tomorrow, I wouldn’t shed any tears. But I also can’t see much benefit in it at this stage of the season.

You are obsessed with Ross. Each situation has absolutely no bearing on the other. Try to view them both as independent and you’ll be able to see things a lot clearer instead of going round in circles of ‘but Ross’ without being able to see what’s in front of you today.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:27 pm 7) nothings changed in 29 games when everyone said he was the right man for the job.
Eh? Form has gone from fantastic to dog sh*t and he doesn't look like rectifying it. Thats all that matters.
If the form went from dogshit to fantastic I.e we had this run at the start of the season but right now we were smashing teams and scoring 3/4 goals a game, would you still think he should go? Same 29 games.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

No because what matters is 'now'. I think good form buys a manager time further down the line. If you never have it (hi carl) you may get the boot pronto.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Fair points. But is it what matters now that’s important?

Kenny has had some good form with us and had some very good form in his career. We aren’t getting promoted and whilst we are in a bit of trouble, relegation is a remote possibility.

If the right now was the most important thing then get rid. But I think building the for the future is the priority, regardless of where we finish this season and i don’t know that sacking KJ helps with our future as things stand.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

As long as relegation is a remote possibility, then we don't have much to lose. I think there are quite a few fans who think the possibility is greater than remote and rather fed up.