Poll: Sack Jackett?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Should Jackett be sacked?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 91

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Poll: Sack Jackett?

Post by Long slender neck »

What do you think?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Sack Jackett?

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Innit. Hopless experienced proven manager who apparently was exactly what we needed
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Re: Sack Jackett?

Post by BigDaddyO »

The worst run of results and performances since the Italians.

Get rid of him.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Poll: Sack Jackett?

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Can you add a sack Ling option?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

With this run of form usually a given but with this squad I doubt anyone else will do much better so may as well save on the firing fees. With a rolling context can he ever leave at the clubs request without the year paid up in full?
Osmad
Fresh Alias

Post by Osmad »

Results business. He should go ASAP.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Gonna run in the minority but I’d keep him. After all the management changes we need a bit of consistency. As long as pick up enough points to stay clear of the bottom two, I’d give him the summer to reflect with the board wtf went wrong and to address that and then see where we are in October. Consistency is underrated from a short term view.

The problem is I can’t see who would want to come here with experience and work with the committee and DoF. Especially with our manager turnover, it doesn’t take long to get a reputation as a bit of a basket case club.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

my patience is wearing out. This is an abject run. Strong team today, Archibald and Coleman back in the team, we're running out of excuses to defend them all.

Salford were rubbish but the ease at which they plundered two goals, my god.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

It's alright saying get rid, but who could do better at short notice?
I don't think there is anyone, so I'll keep Kenny
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:32 pm Gonna run in the minority but I’d keep him. After all the management changes we need a bit of consistency. As long as pick up enough points to stay clear of the bottom two, I’d give him the summer to reflect with the board wtf went wrong and to address that and then see where we are in October. Consistency is underrated from a short term view.

The problem is I can’t see who would want to come here with experience and work with the committee and DoF. Especially with our manager turnover, it doesn’t take long to get a reputation as a bit of a basket case club.
Sort of related, but while I'd like us to ditch Jackett I think we'd be seen as a bit of a basketcase club if we did so before the end of the season given past appointments and dismissals.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Had long enough to turn it around but its not happening. Get rid before our league status is threatened.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:32 pm Gonna run in the minority but I’d keep him. After all the management changes we need a bit of consistency. As long as pick up enough points to stay clear of the bottom two, I’d give him the summer to reflect with the board wtf went wrong and to address that and then see where we are in October. Consistency is underrated from a short term view.

''we need a bit of consistency''
Yes we do indeed have consistency at present, but a consistency of the wrong kind.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Don’t know why it’s taking so long, he should have been sacked already!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Absolutely amazed the vote is this close.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

We don't even look like scoring let alone winning . somethings gone horrible wrong somewhere and I don't think Kenny is going to be able to turn things around .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:53 pm It's alright saying get rid, but who could do better at short notice?
I don't think there is anyone, so I'll keep Kenny
Where is Russell Slade . He pulled us out of the sh*t in the past so maybe he could do it again .
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Just remember what happened after Russell Slade had 3 points after 10 games at the start of the 11-12 season. All were baying for his blood. Hearn ignored the supporters fortunately.

Things are improving, game by game. Once we start scoring, results will change.

One other point, Nigel said that in the NFL they had worked out statistically that if a manager has a bad patch, but is allowed to continue in the position, the results over the long run are better than chopping and changing.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

The thing is - when he was appointed almost every person thought it was a good appointment. I know management is a results game but what’s changed, really? Less than 30 games isn’t a good sample size on any manager.

If we bought Harry Kane in and he had only scored 3 goals, you wouldn’t be saying we should get rid and look for a league one journeyman instead, you’d give him the benefit of the doubt that he’ll start scoring soon.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:57 pm The thing is - when he was appointed almost every person thought it was a good appointment. I know management is a results game but what’s changed, really? Less than 30 games isn’t a good sample size on any manager.

If we bought Harry Kane in and he had only scored 3 goals, you wouldn’t be saying we should get rid and look for a league one journeyman instead, you’d give him the benefit of the doubt that he’ll start scoring soon.
Squad depth, all was fine with the first choice XI but soon as he had to deviate from that we've been in trouble since. If losing your RB is enough to wreck the entire balance of the side that speaks volumes.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

It’s not just the RB we lost though, is it?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

gshaw wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:00 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:57 pm The thing is - when he was appointed almost every person thought it was a good appointment. I know management is a results game but what’s changed, really? Less than 30 games isn’t a good sample size on any manager.

Squad depth, all was fine with the first choice XI but soon as he had to deviate from that we've been in trouble since. If losing your RB is enough to wreck the entire balance of the side that speaks volumes.
Agree - any manager would be struggling right now. I don’t put all the blame on the injuries. Kenny has under performed and if Nigel is to believed, Kenny has a key part to play in the transfer committee, but that’s the key area to change. We could get in any manager and they would stuggle. The manager is the easy person to blame
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Some of the decisions he’s made are baffling, I accept, but I’m guessing that’s what can happen under this sort of stress.

I still don’t see how we can do any better. I’d get rid of Ling and the transfer committee and let Kenny do things like a proper football manager.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:07 pm

Some of the decisions he’s made are baffling, I accept, but I’m guessing that’s what can happen under this sort of stress.

I still don’t see how we can do any better. I’d get rid of Ling and the transfer committee and let Kenny do things like a proper football manager.
Agree, however it’s probably too late now! Ling should have gone 2 years ago, we all know he won’t be discarded, Travis adores him!
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:07 pm

100% this.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Results so poor, just incredible some still back him.