Ratings v Col Utd

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ratings v Col Utd

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Vigaro 6. Howler for the goal, although I’m pretty sure Mitchell was too deep and blocking his view AGAIN as he did in the week. Couple of great saves and decent kicking.

Moss 4. A boy playing mens football before he’s ready. Summed up when he tried to clean it their 16 in the second half and just bounced off of him.

Mitchell 6. Ok other than his part in the goal.

Beckles 5. Seems to have lost the plot in recent weeks.

Ogie 7. MOTM again, yes he overplayed a couple of times but he was the only player out there able to do anything creative.

Khan 6. Ok. So we’ve found out he’s not a full back and a wing back previously, and today we found out he’s not a winger either. No idea where he should play.

Colebrown 4. Whatever. Which one was it?

Pratley 5. Tried but he clearly hasn’t got the legs to play in a 2v2.

Young 4. Played out of position on the left wing for most of the game but looked totally lost and completely uninvolved other than the last 10 mins when he tucked inside and played a couple of decent balls.

Smith 2. Didn’t win a single thing all game. For someone his size, he’s so weak. Point deducted for his histrionics at being subbed.

Drinnan 5. Tried. Got into a couple of positions but his piss poor finishing let him down.

Sub Hector 5. Tried as well.

Jackett 2 players looked totally deflated and out of confidence from the start. So would I be if I was going out with a team that had the likes of Young, Moss and Colebrown in the starting 11. You’re basically playing 8 v 11. The change to that narrow 4-4-2 was disastrous.

Ref 4. Never in charge of the game, so so weak.

Col Utd 4. They’re awful, really awful, but so much better than us today.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ratings v Col Utd

Post by MrB »

Thanks Ronnie..I wouldn’t mark Drinan higher than Smith.He should have scored at least one of his chance.Also I think in Khan we have a player on our hands…But my opinion 👍🏾
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

I thought Drinan was our best player today. He got 3 excellent crosses in 1st half and caused them lots if problems. Yes he missed a couple of chances, which he may not have done in December, but he is getting chances.

Brown was fine with what his role is, he was tidy in the things he did. 4 is rather disparaging.

Young - for the first time I understood and saw in patches, what he is likely to bring to the team, only 18 and lots of potential.

We had a team with 5 players 21 or under, 3 with minimal league football and one left sided player, we have to be patient considering our injury list. Just looking at our bench shows the issues.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

MrB wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:23 pm Thanks Ronnie..I wouldn’t mark Drinan higher than Smith.He should have scored at least one of his chance.Also I think in Khan we have a player on our hands…But my opinion 👍🏾
I agree about Khan, our best player today.
Where should he play ?? Maybe in the central midfield role behind the strikers, he has got a great 1st touch and can pick a pass.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:13 pm Vigaro 6. Howler for the goal, although I’m pretty sure Mitchell was too deep and blocking his view AGAIN as he did in the week. Couple of great saves and decent kicking.

Moss 4. A boy playing mens football before he’s ready. Summed up when he tried to clean it their 16 in the second half and just bounced off of him.

Ogie 7. MOTM again, yes he overplayed a couple of times but he was the only player out there able to do anything creative.

Khan 6. Ok. So we’ve found out he’s not a full back and a wing back previously, and today we found out he’s not a winger either. No idea where he should play.

Young 4. Played out of position on the left wing for most of the game but looked totally lost and completely uninvolved other than the last 10 mins when he tucked inside and played a couple of decent balls.

Smith 2. Didn’t win a single thing all game. For someone his size, he’s so weak. Point deducted for his histrionics at being subbed.

Drinnan 5. Tried. Got into a couple of positions but his piss poor finishing let him down.

Jackett 2 players looked totally deflated and out of confidence from the start. So would I be if I was going out with a team that had the likes of Young, Moss and Colebrown in the starting 11. You’re basically playing 8 v 11. The change to that narrow 4-4-2 was disastrous.

who wanted and then signed Moss,Coleman and Brown .
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

I didn't see their goal properly due to late arrivals getting their seats and partly blocking my view , it looked a great volley, where was the howler 🤔
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BIGRON wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:42 pm I didn't see their goal properly due to late arrivals getting their seats and partly blocking my view , it looked a great volley, where was the howler 🤔
It was within Vigs reach but he went the wrong way.

Cross should never have got that far either. Was a howler all round.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:19 pm
We had a team with 5 players 21 or under, 3 with minimal league football and one left sided player, we have to be patient considering our injury list. Just looking at our bench shows the issues.
That's on the transfer committee to supply the manager with the balanced squad required for the aggressive promotion push we were supposed to be making this season.

No point focusing on future potential when these players are on 18 month contracts and won't care for loyalty if a bigger club comes knocking.
brentwoodo
Fresh Alias

Post by brentwoodo »

There comes a time when you have to challenge some of the rubbish written of here;

''Vigaro 6. Howler for the goal, although I’m pretty sure Mitchell was too deep and blocking his view AGAIN as he did in the week. Couple of great saves and decent kicking''.

'A howler for the goal', the ball was struck pretty hard through 3 players and they were directly in Vigers vision? The save he made late in the game was absolute class!! And 'Mitch too deep', he was merely holding the defensive line when the ball was struck!!

We are all disappointed with the result today but please don't criticise the solid performers
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

brentwoodo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:38 pm There comes a time when you have to challenge some of the rubbish written of here;

''Vigaro 6. Howler for the goal, although I’m pretty sure Mitchell was too deep and blocking his view AGAIN as he did in the week. Couple of great saves and decent kicking''.

'A howler for the goal', the ball was struck pretty hard through 3 players and they were directly in Vigers vision? The save he made late in the game was absolute class!! And 'Mitch too deep', he was merely holding the defensive line when the ball was struck!!

We are all disappointed with the result today but please don't criticise the solid performers
Spot on, the GK and CBs are the least of our worries
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:13 pm Vigaro 6. Howler for the goal, although I’m pretty sure Mitchell was too deep and blocking his view AGAIN as he did in the week. Couple of great saves and decent kicking.

Drinan was just as good as Young and I think Otis deserved the same as Ogie.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Agreed, Vigaro and Mitchell are two players doing ok. I’ve literally said as much in the first post.

But they should have done better with that. They spent the rest of the first half ‘discussing’ how the ball had gone in. Pretty certain they’d both agree with me that it shouldn’t have.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Thought that was a real sh!t show and for the first time have my doubts that KJ can get us out of this division. The tactical change not long after we went behind was bizarre and smacked of the things Davis used to get up to in our NL season. For the majority of the game we had a combination of players going missing and the reappearing for short spells and players who just didn't put a performance in.

Vigoroux - 6 - didn't get a second look at the goal but a couple of decent saves against a side who didn't make many chances
Ogie - 5 - thought he had a howler, giving the ball away too often and never getting forward. It's as if he's never played LB before!
Beckles - 6.5 - did okay and covered for Ogie a few times
Mitchell - 6 - usual solid game
Moss - 5.5 - slightly manic performance, not sure what was going on
Young - 5.5 - completely anonymous in the first half and then came to life in a 10 minute spell after the break with a couple of cracking through balls that put Smith and Drinan in
Pratley - 5.5 - started the game well in his new advanced role but then went missing for most of the game
Kyprianou - 6 - did okay when he came on
Khan - 5.5 - not a RB or RW and was in and out of the game. Might be more influential in a central role
Smith - 5 - had no influence on the game
Drinnan - 6 - unlucky not to score and at least put a shift in, unlike Smith

Sotiriou - 5.5 - ran around a lot to no effect.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:19 pm I thought Drinan was our best player today. He got 3 excellent crosses in 1st half and caused them lots if problems. Yes he missed a couple of chances, which he may not have done in December, but he is getting chances.

Brown was fine with what his role is, he was tidy in the things he did. 4 is rather disparaging.

Young - for the first time I understood and saw in patches, what he is likely to bring to the team, only 18 and lots of potential.

Drinan our best player. Specsavers appointment due methinks.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:39 pm

Coleman has only played two matches and was not involved in todays debacle. Was one of our better players at Bradford, but feel free to write him off on little evidence.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Don’t really know what to make of that. As I say, first time seeing us live for over 2 years and think it was worse than under Ross. Ground lacked atmosphere (understandably), team really didn’t look bothered, tactics and changes were all bizarre. Won’t be hurrying back.

Vigs - 5 - will be disappointed with the goal. Not easy but he will be thinking he saves that. Distribution either slow or long balls up to khan who’s 5ft0.

Ogie - 6 - was quite impressed with his skill but you can’t really f*** about at the back like that in league two. Looked like a bit of a leader as well.
Mitchell - 6 - meh, didn’t notice him do anything wrong.
Beckles - 4.5 - wanted too much time and too many touches most of the game.
Moss - 5 - seemed alright but barley got forward with the ball despite standing quite far up the pitch half the game.

Khan - 6.5 - seemed to be shunted from left to right but was just about the only player who had a bit of excitement and spark about him.
Brown - 4 - anonymous until he went off.
Pratley - 5 - how the f*** is he now are attacking midfielder. Telling that we never had any runners in the box. Not his fault really.
Young - 6.5 - not a winger but I can see something in. Put in two excellent corners, one of which drinan should have scored from and player some clever balls in behind, again, which drinan fluffed. In a team of people shying away, he was always looking for it.

Smith - 3 - barley moved, over hit passes, won about 2 headers. When you need someone running into crosses you don’t really want it to be someone running through treacle.
Drinan - 5 - bless him, he tried (although gave up on a couple of balls he could have gotten to) and continued to make good runs. He’s just not a natural finisher. Should have had a hat trick really.

Subs:
Kyp - 5 - no impact
Ruel - 5 - also no impact, put on too late really.

Kenny - seems to have a thin squad every week (where the hell is wood?). Seemed to play khan on the left for ten mins and swapped. I couldn’t really tell if we had wing backs or were playing a flat back 4 and the players looked like they didn’t know either. Doesn’t seem to be motivating them much.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:19 pm I thought Drinan was our best player today. He got 3 excellent crosses in 1st half and caused them lots if problems. Yes he missed a couple of chances, which he may not have done in December, but he is getting chances.

We had a transfer window to alleviate that and didn’t take it. On the other hand teams like Colchester did and it showed yesterday
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:11 am Don’t really know what to make of that. As I say, first time seeing us live for over 2 years and think it was worse than under Ross. Ground lacked atmosphere (understandably), team really didn’t look bothered, tactics and changes were all bizarre. Won’t be hurrying back.

Vigs - 5 - will be disappointed with the goal. Not easy but he will be thinking he saves that. Distribution either slow or long balls up to khan who’s 5ft0.

Ogie - 6 - was quite impressed with his skill but you can’t really f*** about at the back like that in league two. Looked like a bit of a leader as well.
Moss - 5 - seemed alright but barley got forward with the ball despite standing quite far up the pitch half the game.

Khan - 6.5 - seemed to be shunted from left to right but was just about the only player who had a bit of excitement and spark about him.
Pratley - 5 - how the f*** is he now are attacking midfielder. Telling that we never had any runners in the box. Not his fault really.
Young - 6.5 - not a winger but I can see something in. Put in two excellent corners, one of which drinan should have scored from and player some clever balls in behind, again, which drinan fluffed. In a team of people shying away, he was always looking for it.

Smith - 3 - barley moved, over hit passes, won about 2 headers. When you need someone running into crosses you don’t really want it to be someone running through treacle.
Drinan - 5 - bless him, he tried (although gave up on a couple of balls he could have gotten to) and continued to make good runs. He’s just not a natural finisher. Should have had a hat trick really.

Subs:
Kyp - 5 - no impact

Kenny - seems to have a thin squad every week (where the hell is wood?). Seemed to play khan on the left for ten mins and swapped. I couldn’t really tell if we had wing backs or were playing a flat back 4 and the players looked like they didn’t know either. Doesn’t seem to be motivating them much.
Maybe we’re seeing the Drinan Ipswich supporters were talking about. He’s dropped back to his usual standards
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:11 am Don’t really know what to make of that. As I say, first time seeing us live for over 2 years and think it was worse than under Ross. Ground lacked atmosphere (understandably), team really didn’t look bothered, tactics and changes were all bizarre. Won’t be hurrying back.

Subs:
Kyp - 5 - no impact

We started with a 3-5-2 with Khan as left wing back. Then after about 15 mins we went to a 4-4-2 with Khan as right wing.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

This is the problem, none of the signings have improved the starting eleven. Moss isn’t strong enough for mens football yet and is. Colebrown might be ok in time but not yet. Khan can play but no idea what his position is yet, it’s not wing back or winger.

We had three new signings out there yesterday but looked like we’ve gone backwards. It’s all so desperate.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

brentwoodo wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:38 pm There comes a time when you have to challenge some of the rubbish written of here;

Have you watched the highlights back?

Ready to accept your apology as soon as you have seen their goal.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Coleman didn't play, but seems to be getting slagged off, he had a great game v Bradford
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I don't want to judge Brown too soon, he was anonymous but he's kid playing one of his first games of professional football of his career. the logic of reinforcing our weakest position during a supposed promotion chase with two kids on a massive learning curve seems really obviously flawed. We've signed 4 central midfielders this season and don't look any stronger for it yet. That is bad recruitment.

Accepting that having 3 out of our 4 wing backs out is a big disruption, all the same, Jackett hasn't adapted at all. He's ended up putting a load of square pegs in round holes. How much of that is his fault and how much is poor recruitment, it's hard to say.

And what really struck me on Saturday is that we have almost zero pace in that team. Drinan and Khan aren't slouches, but if we're going to be direct, we need players capable of running beyond their defence. We can't get behind teams at the moment, Drinan aside, and it makes us very easy to play against.

Was a very grim afternoon all round. Colchester were awful. We were worse.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Put it this way. We had a decent first half of the season. Other than struggling to win away, we were still picking up points. We lost our best Wing back, we knew from day one the midfield looked weak in quality and numbers, we had a long transfer window with hardly any games to play during it - we failed to bring in the quality at Wing back, we brought in numbers in midfield but not enough quality. We've lost Smyth now, we got rid of Omotoye. I think Coleman will be a great player for us, but he won't set the world alight coming into a struggling team playing with dross. Khan, who I rate, effectively looks like replacing Kemp. Unless Nouble makes a difference to our attacking play from Exeter onwards, we will limp and stumble across the line.

The squad doesn't look any stronger than it was in the first half of the season, and teams around us strengthened and were picking up form during the window.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:07 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:39 pm

Coleman has only played two matches and was not involved in todays debacle. Was one of our better players at Bradford, but feel free to write him off on little evidence.
I was referring to their lack of EFL experience due to Kenny's comments , not their ability .