Kemp and Kyprianou

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Kemp and Kyprianou

Post by Story of O »

Both are weak and lightweight and should be nowhere near the first team
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Kemp and Kyprianou

Post by DrWindy »

I agree. What baffles me is he takes Hector off after an hour on Saturday, after a terrible performance. Pratley plays the full 90. Tonight Hector back in and Pratley dropped from squad. What is going on?
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Agree 100% both abysmal, we should get rid asap
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Kemp was an Embleton / Ling signing typical lightweight "creative" CM and Kyprianou is symptomatic of the "academy players must be brought through" strategy that again is coming from elsewhere than the manager imo.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Kemp needs to be loaned out to NL, not good enough!
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 pm Kemp needs to be loaned out to NL, not good enough!
You think Hectors good enough or think we should see how he develops? Who knows how much he can improve but I’d send them both out. Wouldn’t even want them in the national league if we were down there.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PotatOhead wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:16 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 pm Kemp needs to be loaned out to NL, not good enough!
You think Hectors good enough or think we should see how he develops? Who knows how much he can improve but I’d send them both out. Wouldn’t even want them in the national league if we were down there.
Without the cheque book coming out who would we replace them with . Our problems run deeper than Kyprianou and Kemp. Without James and Archibald we have no width and we still have no creativity in the middle
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 pm
Without the cheque book coming out who would we replace them with . Our problems run deeper than Kyprianou and Kemp. Without James and Archibald we have no width and we still have no creativity in the middle
I think the cheque book is going to have to come out again. Either that or get more players on loan till we can buy. We are in a position where that’s now possible. Fully agree with you but when James/Archibald return we will have that width back but we’ll still have two useless players in the middle. Hopefully Coleman is part of the answer though.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Disagree both are good squad players at this level. Kemp was a goal threat last season, so would love to understand why this has changed? Kyprianou looked average at worst last night until his abysmal clearance for the winning corner. He certainly looked more effective than Brown.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Orient Punxx wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:31 am Disagree both are good squad players at this level. Kemp was a goal threat last season, so would love to understand why this has changed? Kyprianou looked average at worst last night until his abysmal clearance for the winning corner. He certainly looked more effective than Brown.
To be fair to Brown he did ok in his 1st game for the club
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

PotatOhead wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:25 am

I think the cheque book is going to have to come out again. Either that or get more players on loan till we can buy. We are in a position where that’s now possible. Fully agree with you but when James/Archibald return we will have that width back but we’ll still have two useless players in the middle. Hopefully Coleman is part of the answer though.
I believe James won't be back for a while yet and by then any idea of the play offs will be long gone
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Story of O wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:13 am
PotatOhead wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:25 am

I believe James won't be back for a while yet and by then any idea of the play offs will be long gone
I agree . If we see him again this season in an Orient shirt it will only be to help us stay well clear of the bottom two..
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Hector had a horrible game last night, you can see his confidence is shot just by the way he jumps for the ball.

I'm one of those who really wants the home grown players to make it, but he's played a lot of games now and we've not seen anything like the kind of development that say Ogie demonstrates. He needs to be loaned out or shipped out for his own good.

Kemp is another tricky one - a poor game last night frequently losing possession. Small, skillful players are 10 a penny at this level - they need to bring something else to the party - speed, blinding free kicks, something - to compensate for the fact that they're often going to be physically outmuscled. Kemp doesn't have that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Hector is being played out of position. He’s not an offensive midfielder.

Kemp flatters to deceive time and time again. Smyth is light years ahead of him.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:02 am Hector is being played out of position. He’s not an offensive midfielder.

Kemp flatters to deceive time and time again. Smyth is light years ahead of him.
Smyth is light years ahead of him but he's made of glass.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

They were both poor last night. Kemps lacks confidence IMO as he is in and out of the team so much. Hector has not developed as we were hoping he could and he's missing someone to guide him. We are soooooooo missing Craig Clay already.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

What I don't get about Kemp, is that he's supposed to be our most technical player - but he couldn't trap a bag of cement last night. He's not normally that bad I know, but I dont know what he adds to the team. He's not quick enough to burst past players, if he gets past someone they just clip his heels or shove him off it, he can't really shoot from distance and his set pieces rarely beat the first man or test the keeper. He didn't want the ball last night and so he wasn't moving into the spaces where we need him to receive the ball and progress up the pitch.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

My first impression of Kemp was he looked too lightweight, and that's still my view. He does have some nice touches at times, but didn't have a good game last night, just not convinced he's going to make it for us.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Petrov788 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:14 am What I don't get about Kemp, is that he's supposed to be our most technical player - but he couldn't trap a bag of cement last night. He's not normally that bad I know, but I dont know what he adds to the team. He's not quick enough to burst past players, if he gets past someone they just clip his heels or shove him off it, he can't really shoot from distance and his set pieces rarely beat the first man or test the keeper. He didn't want the ball last night and so he wasn't moving into the spaces where we need him to receive the ball and progress up the pitch.
Maybe the pressure and expectation of the manager got to him? For sure he was poor last night, but knowing you're gonna get hooked when you walk on the pitch adds massive pressure on your shoulders.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Who did play well last night? I think Kemp could probably do OK for us within the right midfield set-up. However, Kyprianou, for me, is not a first team player. He is lacking in practically all the skills needed for his role and often turns "niggly" and gives away needless fouls in frustration. At best, he's a squad player and I'd not cry if we let him go.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:02 am Hector is being played out of position. He’s not an offensive midfielder.

Correct, IMO, once he grows stronger and thickens out all round, then later on in career he may well become a centre back four or defensive midfielder, similar in style to Matt Baudry or Glenn Roeder.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

BoniO wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm Who did play well last night? I think Kemp could probably do OK for us within the right midfield set-up. However, Kyprianou, for me, is not a first team player. He is lacking in practically all the skills needed for his role and often turns "niggly" and gives away needless fouls in frustration. At best, he's a squad player and I'd not cry if we let him go.
So, so wrong.

Hector is 20 years of age. It’s not his fault that 1) he’s being asked to play every week because of inadequacies/injuries to others and 2) he’s being played out of position.

He’s going to be a good un.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:19 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:50 pm Who did play well last night? I think Kemp could probably do OK for us within the right midfield set-up. However, Kyprianou, for me, is not a first team player. He is lacking in practically all the skills needed for his role and often turns "niggly" and gives away needless fouls in frustration. At best, he's a squad player and I'd not cry if we let him go.
So, so wrong.

Hector is 20 years of age. It’s not his fault that 1) he’s being asked to play every week because of inadequacies/injuries to others and 2) he’s being played out of position.

He’s going to be a good un.
When? We need good players now. I don't agree with your assessment of his potential, but even if you're correct, then he shouldn't be a first team player, at present.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I don’t see Hector making it. Yes, he is still only young and could suddenly push on and it’s also not helping that he is playing in an area where we are weak but games just pass him by. He would be a good acquisition for someone two divisions below our current level. Kemp has bags of energy and helps when we are pressing but as someone else said, the corpses of small, somewhat skilful, playmakers are littered throughout league one and two. They just don’t make it without something extra.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

The whole defence did alright everyone else very poor but Hector and Kemp were properly properly poo poo. Really can’t see what others are seeing in kemps ability and hectors potential even more so, what have you seen to make you think he’s going to come good? Never been convinced with him. Both far too inconsistent to be in a promotion pushing first team squad. We can’t talk about promotion and have players this poor around the team it’s completely nonsensical. I agree that we should give academy players every opportunity but he’s had that now surely?