Khan

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Khan

Post by BIGRON »

Thought he did well tonight considering what a crap performance it was by us again 🤔
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Re: Khan

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:45 pm Thought he did well tonight considering what a crap performance it was by us again 🤔
He was the one bright spot Ron, looks a decent footballer.
I didn’t see too much from Brown, he lost his man for the goal but he looks a very young lad, maybe we should be signing more experienced players.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Easily MOM the one silver lining
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:45 pm Thought he did well tonight considering what a crap performance it was by us again 🤔
I like the look of him. I just hope that his natural flair isn't submerged in the morass of the playing styles. though it was well into the game, the 2 crosses he put in caused panic in the Newport defence.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Agree, he looks a decent signing.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Just playing 20 yards too deep to have any meaningful impact. Push him further forward and let him get at them 1 on 1 KJ said it enough in the post match interview, but he's so far behind play due to instructions its hardly fair when he doesn't have the chance to get many 1 on 1's.

Less defence more offence and then watch the change, but that's against KJ's natural instinct.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

I'd like to see Khan either as a proper winger or behind the strikers (when Smyth can't play as he's being 'nursed') - but I realise he's been signed as a RWB. But again, he ends up being too deep, just like Theo when he's played on the left wing back spot.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Thor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:34 pm Just playing 20 yards too deep to have any meaningful impact. Push him further forward and let him get at them 1 on 1 KJ said it enough in the post match interview, but he's so far behind play due to instructions its hardly fair when he doesn't have the chance to get many 1 on 1's.

Less defence more offence and then watch the change, but that's against KJ's natural instinct.
Defence is of course important and good teams start with a good defence. But our goals tally suggests we don’t do too bad going forwards.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How many crosses did he put in?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:42 pm
Thor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:34 pm Just playing 20 yards too deep to have any meaningful impact. Push him further forward and let him get at them 1 on 1 KJ said it enough in the post match interview, but he's so far behind play due to instructions its hardly fair when he doesn't have the chance to get many 1 on 1's.

Defence is of course important and good teams start with a good defence. But our goals tally suggests we don’t do too bad going forwards.
Most of the goals were scored when we had James and Archibald running at defences. We can't buy a goal at the moment.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I know let’s bring in Archibald a left sided attacking midfielder and turn him into a left wingback👍 Let’s bring in Khan a right sided midfielder and turn him into a right wingback,let’s bring in 2 young defensive midfielders and turn them into an attacking midfielder,let’s bring in Wood a natural left back and turn him into an attacking left sided midfielder. I know let’s play 5 at the back at home. Jesus🙈
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:42 pm

Absolutely all good teams start with a solid defence of that I've said on here. However, let's look at the stats.

We've drawn 13 games where 1 goal would have won it for us and we have lost 5 games by a single goal. Thats a lot of points lost in our ability to put the ball in the net consistently. Yes we've run teams over and I believe that ability is there to do it more often however, our tactics dictate safety first and once that mindset is in place its hard to reverse or change during a game.

We need to get on the front foot and start pressing further up the pitch and get the offensive players delivering quality balls cos lately we seem to be delivering them from further back than we were earlier in the season. Chances create goals as you stated quite well in a recent post on the subject of goals scored etc
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

I think Harry Smith is the problem at the mo. He hasn't scored recently and missed a sitter last night. It might be worth putting him on the bench and have a front three of Sotiriou, Drinnan and Young, and when fit Archibald to play in behind them and lash in those shots he is capable of.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

WickfordO wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:20 pm I think Harry Smith is the problem at the mo. He hasn't scored recently and missed a sitter last night. It might be worth putting him on the bench and have a front three of Sotiriou, Drinnan and Young, and when fit Archibald to play in behind them and lash in those shots he is capable of.
I don’t think Harry Smith is the problem
The problem is that whoever is up front at the moment is getting zero service due to injuries to James and Archibald, our main creative players.
Push Khan further forward and with Archibald returning and things might improve.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I noticed the few times Khan did get forward there was no other red shirt within 10 yards of him - our midfield seemed to want to hang back and not support. I don't know if these are KJ's instructions but it was extremely frustrating to watch. There's a player in there though - of the new boys, he's looking the most up for it.