Jacket, Ling and the board

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Jacket, Ling and the board

Post by Beradogs »

We keep being told there are funds available and the board always sound very bullish about new signings but we don’t ever seem to bring in the quality needed. We are crying out for a marque signing (for our level) in the middle of midfield and yet we bring in a kid who can’t get near Derby’s first team and a player that nobody has ever heard of from a team at the bottom of the conference with only a handful of games under his belt. Perhaps they will turn out ok but it’s just a punt as it always seems to be with this club. The new right back looks like a deer caught in headlights. Everyone signs players so just bringing in bodies is not a reason to rejoice. They need to improve us. Is it the board that talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Is it ling. Is jacket the head of the snake? You decide but I for one am fed up. Can anyone say it’s been a successful transfer window and the club is going all out for promotion. Away from the signings the football is dire. Grim.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Jacket, Ling and the board

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

How did the "player that nobody has ever heard of from a team at the bottom of the conference with only a handful of games under his belt" do today?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

We can't buy promotion while playing Jackettball
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

I just said perhaps they will turn out ok. Not the point. They are low risk (cheap) low reward signings.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Based on Saturday and the second half tonight - I missed the first 45 - the new kid in the middle of the park looks decent, as does Khan (although I’m not convinced he’s a right back).

Moss is just a loan/ body that we needed because of James.

You need to calm down a bit.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 pm How did the "player that nobody has ever heard of from a team at the bottom of the conference with only a handful of games under his belt" do today?
He wasn’t eligible to play tonight . He might feature on Saturday at Mansfield
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:07 pm I just said perhaps they will turn out ok. Not the point. They are low risk (cheap) low reward signings.
The risk is we don’t get promoted, not their wages.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

I’m sure Jackett, Ling and the board are as disappointed as the rest of us.
One moment when Jordan Brown was caught ball watching has cost us dearly, at that corner.
The sad fact is that in the last three games we haven’t scored, nor have we, tonight or Saturday even looked like scoring.
Something needs to change and quickly.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Does Ronnie always get personal? He will be talking about my wife wiping bottoms before the hour is out.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm We keep being told there are funds available and the board always sound very bullish about new signings but we don’t ever seem to bring in the quality needed. We are crying out for a marque signing (for our level) in the middle of midfield and yet we bring in a kid who can’t get near Derby’s first team and a player that nobody has ever heard of from a team at the bottom of the conference with only a handful of games under his belt. Perhaps they will turn out ok but it’s just a punt as it always seems to be with this club. The new right back looks like a deer caught in headlights. Everyone signs players so just bringing in bodies is not a reason to rejoice. They need to improve us. Is it the board that talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Is it ling. Is jacket the head of the snake? You decide but I for one am fed up. Can anyone say it’s been a successful transfer window and the club is going all out for promotion. Away from the signings the football is dire. Grim.
Been saying this for a while now. So much funds but every player is brought in on the cheap.
KJ only signed a one year contract, so he'll be gone, and Ling needs to go to.
We just go round in circles
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Beradogs wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:03 pm We keep being told there are funds available and the board always sound very bullish about new signings but we don’t ever seem to bring in the quality needed. We are crying out for a marque signing (for our level) in the middle of midfield and yet we bring in a kid who can’t get near Derby’s first team and a player that nobody has ever heard of from a team at the bottom of the conference with only a handful of games under his belt. Perhaps they will turn out ok but it’s just a punt as it always seems to be with this club. The new right back looks like a deer caught in headlights. Everyone signs players so just bringing in bodies is not a reason to rejoice. They need to improve us. Is it the board that talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Is it ling. Is jacket the head of the snake? You decide but I for one am fed up. Can anyone say it’s been a successful transfer window and the club is going all out for promotion. Away from the signings the football is dire. Grim.
They have brought in kids to do a mans job,your right we needed a quality signing in CM,why sign a kid that was on trial at the beginning of the season and wasn’t signed then if he were any good? They have signed squad players and in positions that we don’t really need,they were signed because they were available at a cheap price. Jacket has reached his sell by date and Ling has signed more bad managers than I’ve had hot dinners. I think Jacket will walk before the end of the season 🙈
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

It seems that neither the players, the manager, the DOF or the board have the bollocks to put their stamp on this club, they all seem quite
content to just slide along with the season. No doubt we'll get Jackett's post match bollocks. :xxx
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Whilst I’m not giving up on the season quiet yet (but it’s not far off), the board do seriously need to bang some heads together and really consider what the plan is for next season.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

No proven , quality players at this level or above brought in means no promotion.
All the talk of funds being made available is a joke, same old same old.Supporters are sick to the back teeth with talking the talk but not being able to walk the walk.
Someone’s head has to roll.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:18 pm No proven , quality players at this level or above brought in means no promotion.
All the talk of funds being made available is a joke, same old same old.Supporters are sick to the back teeth with talking the talk but not being able to walk the walk.
If Jackett goes then surely Ling has to? Bloke must be a cat with all the lives he has.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:13 pm Whilst I’m not giving up on the season quiet yet (but it’s not far off), the board do seriously need to bang some heads together and really consider what the plan is for next season.
To me apple Jacket is no motivator,we have supposedly a better class of player than last season,so why aren’t they playing like it, Sooner or later and your already talking about next season we will be struggling at this rate,we need to get rid of Ling,Davis,Fletcher,Ross,Jobi and now Jacket,Jacket will walk by the end of the season anyway🙈
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:20 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:18 pm No proven , quality players at this level or above brought in means no promotion.
If Jackett goes then surely Ling has to? Bloke must be a cat with all the lives he has.
I am convinced that Ling has been the main problem for ages, maybe if Ling goes Jackett can get the quality, experienced players we need and do his job without one hand tied behind his back.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Yep same every year, so much promise, all talk!
We as supporters can see we need creative wide players.
KJ wants to play with 3 CB, and it was going well with James & Theo supplying the 2 boys up front.
But injuries were always going to hurt our small squad.
Since James & Theo they got injured the wheels have fallen off in a massive way.
So if KJ wants to continue to play with 3 x CB, we need 2 creative attacking WB, we have Theo coming back from injury and Khan, but still think we are 1-2 players light in wide positions, if KJ persists with this formation.
Kemp, who is just not good enough, needs replacing, he is NL at best and should not be anywhere near the starting 11!
Smyth is the answer to replace Kemp, but will not play 2 games every week with his hamstrings, so here’s another problem position with the formation KJ wants to play.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

When you look at the number of players that went out over summer compared to what came in the squad backing just hasn't been there. Couple that with the obsession with academy players being shoehorned in to take the place of pros it's just not got the depth to compete for the top spots.

Midfield needed 3+ signings in summer, it got one veteran and only now do any further bodies come in with no experience at this level. No cover RB was ridiculous and we're actually still a striker light compared to last season (Angol, Wilkinson, Johnson out only Smith and Drinan in)

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the transfer committee to hear what Jackett wanted at start of summer vs what he actually got.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Is our current underachieving this season down to the board , KJ or the players ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:36 am It’s a real subjective matter the set up
I think they have set up the administration / management of this club like a corporate company with a very large franchise model this
is slightly wrong.
Personally I would of gone back to a different template along time ago.
I would not of paid for a CEO. I don’t know the metrics they use to justify that expenditure but lofc could off still sought sponsorship without him.
I would not of had ML as a DOF for as long as we have- women football / transfers / management of women and academy could of been re distributed across others - particularly the excel spreadsheet which ML is so proud off.
Those two salaries with employment costs will be I assume over 200k easily
That sum could of gone into the playing staff with the duties distributed to others
We are a lower league club with moderate attendance level-and they talk about sustainability! Budgeting for a loss
The ratio of non playing overheads appear too much in principle
When you get a manager of KJ ability the club are going good to attract that person
The performance level in terms of points do not reflect the ability of players and manager so something is wrong

All the committees for transfers is over the top too much talking to the fans about how / why / when and the Red green amber rubbish
Too much external talk and justification

Keep the club simple the management structure lean and put the funds into the first team
Then branch out on all the other stuff
- new media room
- non player staff
- academy growth
- roof expenditure possible
Etc
Put your money where your keyboard fingers are then
Buy the club & implement what you see as right
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:03 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:55 am
Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:36 am It’s a real subjective matter the set up
I think they have set up the administration / management of this club like a corporate company with a very large franchise model this
is slightly wrong.
Personally I would of gone back to a different template along time ago.
I would not of paid for a CEO. I don’t know the metrics they use to justify that expenditure but lofc could off still sought sponsorship without him.
I would not of had ML as a DOF for as long as we have- women football / transfers / management of women and academy could of been re distributed across others - particularly the excel spreadsheet which ML is so proud off.
Those two salaries with employment costs will be I assume over 200k easily
That sum could of gone into the playing staff with the duties distributed to others
We are a lower league club with moderate attendance level-and they talk about sustainability! Budgeting for a loss
The ratio of non playing overheads appear too much in principle
When you get a manager of KJ ability the club are going good to attract that person
The performance level in terms of points do not reflect the ability of players and manager so something is wrong

All the committees for transfers is over the top too much talking to the fans about how / why / when and the Red green amber rubbish
Too much external talk and justification

Keep the club simple the management structure lean and put the funds into the first team
Then branch out on all the other stuff
- new media room
- non player staff
- academy growth
- roof expenditure possible
Etc
Put your money where your keyboard fingers are then
Buy the club & implement what you see as right
Tuff you old cock sparrow - that’s one stupid answer.
If I sold my home and the savings etc I could not raise the millions one would need
However I guess no other supporter could to
I assume neither could Nigel or some of the other investors - that’s why as a group they could afford the inflated price the Italian squeezed from Nigel - knowing Nigel actually cares for the club and his intellectually impaired brain did not
Not having the funds does not mean one is a dead / dumb / blind / stooge with no views
Views are 1 thing
Insulting the integrity of those headlined on this thread is the most imbeciles reaction from the stupidest kind of fans .
Please offer opinions but don't insult the intelligence of the rest of us !
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I can understand bringing in young players with potential and developing them . The problem is they are not going to get us promoted this season. They are investments for the future . What's the point of bringing in a manager like KJ and only signing kids . it's been the board who's been talking about ambition and promotion but it's not going to happen this season without some real quality being brought in before the transfer window closes .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:09 am Tuffers
You are a very confusing person on here
Be exact in your critical comments - I have not got the propensity to comprehend where I am insulting - apart from my summary of the Italian idiot.
As you regularly post every time I
post on here I be enlightened to understand what the heck you are saying
Anthem of Hope
You assert that the club is set up like a corporate company & state this is wrong .

Then you claim going back to a "different template "
Which 1 ?
Where hearn owned the lease on the ground & built flats ?
Where Tony Wood lost his money in Africa?
Where the Ovendens & Winston didn't do an awful lot other than sell star players to survive
Where zussman had a bucket going around fans to keep the club alive ?

Offer more than frustrated commentary other than some random former template
That never really did us much kop anyway .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:24 am I can understand bringing in young players with potential and developing them . The problem is they are not going to get us promoted this season. They are investments for the future . What's the point of bringing in a manager like KJ and only signing kids . it's been the board who's been talking about ambition and promotion but it's not going to happen this season without some real quality being brought in before the window closes .
Are you in a rush for promotion Red?