China...A real threat to the World

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

China...A real threat to the World

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

China are becoming a real threat to the world IMO.

They may invade Taiwan soon, leaving America to ponder whether Taiwan is worth defending, at the risk of having direct conflict with China.

My own view is America will NOT leap to Taiwans defence, so a small state will fall to a big aggressive state.

Economically, China is slowly destroying the rest of the world. almost everything you can buy, is made in China nowdays.

Dont even get me started on Chinas human rights record.

They are a major and serious threat, in every way, to the world
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: China...A real threat to the World

Post by Chief crazy horse »

.. Can't really argue with that.
MayIPooOnYourKnee
Fresh Alias

Post by MayIPooOnYourKnee »

Well I think they are a great bunch of lads.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:12 am China are becoming a real threat to the world IMO.

They may invade Taiwan soon, leaving America to ponder whether Taiwan is worth defending, at the risk of having direct conflict with China.

My own view is America will NOT leap to Taiwans defence, so a small state will fall to a big aggressive state.

Economically, China is slowly destroying the rest of the world. almost everything you can buy, is made in China nowdays.

Rather a case of stating the obvious, the harder part is coming up with a plan to try to curtail the territorial ambitions of the said country China.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Theres a thread on China somewhere
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

As they are virtually 22% of the Human population ,
economically why woould they not be producing enough goods
to sell so they can provide for themselves ?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

ComeOnYouOs started this thread and warned of the dangers. Myself I used to buy orange and lemon slices at Christmas. When I looked at the box it said " Made in China " and I no longer buy them. Similarly I bought my wool pullovers from Woolovers- They are crap and made in China. I now by my quality pullovers from Aran Island Knitwear , which are made over in the Old Sod and they are real quality. Can ask you thread starter, what are you doing about this problem? I also ask all other Boarders to join in. Every little helps.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

as you are double posting ,
i thought I'd join the trend
😁
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Can they be any more destructive and deadly than the US has been for the last 75 years. Most of the people on this planet hope not.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

President Xi has staked a lot on reuniting ROC Taiwan with PRC and if he can't do it peacefully, I fear he'll try it by force.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:39 pm Can they be any more destructive and deadly than the US has been for the last 75 years. Most of the people on this planet hope not.
Yep. Let's not mention Russia at all then.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Simple Man wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:31 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:39 pm Can they be any more destructive and deadly than the US has been for the last 75 years. Most of the people on this planet hope not.
The USSR were nowhere near the USA when it came to regime change, carpet bombing etc. They haven't even been in the game for over 30 years and the USA have been at the very top of that game during this time. No-one has been anywhere near them when it comes to the murdering of civilians. They are the best at killing each domestically too.

So hopefully China will be a little less deadly
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:12 am China are becoming a real threat to the world IMO.

They are not becoming a threat , they are already are a threat .Go on YouTube and the Australian news media are constantly talking and worried about the war rhetoric towards them coming from China .
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:18 pm

They are not becoming a threat , they are already are a threat .Go on YouTube and the Australian news media are constantly talking and worried about the war rhetoric towards them coming from China .
You mean "Murdoch news media" obviously
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

EliotNes wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:19 pm President Xi has staked a lot on reuniting ROC Taiwan with PRC and if he can't do it peacefully, I fear he'll try it by force.
He has already stated that one way or another China will merge with Taiwan . The only hope we have for avoiding this disaster is the Chinese Liberation Army Generals are not as keen on it as XI Jinping and the CCP.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:23 pm

if China starts shooting does it really matter who owns what news channel in Australia . ?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:26 pm

if China starts shooting does it really matter who owns what news channel in Australia . ?
Do the West need new bogeymen? After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Islam filled the void but having a more substantial threat in China makes sense I suppose.

I for one don't fear the US losing their Most Valuable Player status over anyone else. Whoever sets the agenda in the future is still uncertain, but don't expect the incumbent ones to further anyone but their own interests. As the UK is on a downward trend, Europe is too but in no way was as steep as the UK after its self inflicted wound of 2016, whoever is head honcho will have little interest in maintaining the well-being of the UK.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:48 pm
The USSR were nowhere near the USA when it came to regime change, carpet bombing etc. They haven't even been in the game for over 30 years and the USA have been at the very top of that game during this time. No-one has been anywhere near them when it comes to the murdering of civilians. They are the best at killing each domestically too.

Yes, I've always suspected it must be so much nicer living in Russia rather than the USA. And now you are certainly beginning to sway me in that direction. And then of course, as an added bonus, we have the kind and loving Mr Putin.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:01 pm

Yes, I've always suspected it must be so much nicer living in Russia rather than the USA. And now you are certainly beginning to sway me in that direction. And then of course, as an added bonus, we have the kind and loving Mr Putin.
So off topic!
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Yes it was. But I thought I would point it out anyway as you were talking Russia.
Last edited by Chief crazy horse on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Like football supporters say attack is the best form of defense and that us how the US thought. However, 911 was a wake up to them, after supporting the IRA bombing financially, having attacks on their own doorstep was a reality check.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Do the West need new bogeymen? After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Islam filled the void but having a more substantial threat in China makes sense I suppose.

I for one don't fear the US losing their Most Valuable Player status over anyone else. Whoever sets the agenda in the future is still uncertain, but don't expect the incumbent ones to further anyone but their own interests. As the UK is on a downward trend, Europe is too but in no way was as steep as the UK after its self inflicted wound of 2016, whoever is head honcho will have little interest in maintaining the well-being of the UK.
What are you talking about ? Continually threatening to take Taiwan by force and threatening to "nuke Japan off the map". kind of makes China a bogeyman out of themselves .
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

okay lets close all Chinese takeaways down.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 pm

What are you talking about ? Continually threatening to take Taiwan by force and threatening to "nuke Japan off the map". kind of makes China a bogeyman out of themselves .
"nuke Japan off the map"? from your Murdoch youTube watching I expect
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:52 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 pm

"nuke Japan off the map"? from your Murdoch youTube watching I expect
it was widely reported in all the press .