Migrants crossing the channel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Migrants crossing the channel

Post by BoniO »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:26 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:15 pm
Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:12 pm

Already a crisis, but you know if it went ahead and was put in action , crossing will more or less stop.
Wow - and you can prove this?

Proof of pudding will be in the eating. If it gets voted through we will see but some of the interviews shown on TV clearly showed economic migrants put off about any possibility of ending up in Rwanda. What is certain these boats cannot keep arriving illegally.
So you've got absolutely no proof whatsoever but that didn't stop you writing it as fact. You ought to have a column in the Daily Mail mate - you'd fit right in.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Daily Express bot »

BoniO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:16 pm
BoniO wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:15 pm

Wow - and you can prove this?

Proof of pudding will be in the eating. If it gets voted through we will see but some of the interviews shown on TV clearly showed economic migrants put off about any possibility of ending up in Rwanda. What is certain these boats cannot keep arriving illegally.
So you've got absolutely no proof whatsoever but that didn't stop you writing it as fact. You ought to have a column in the Daily Mail mate - you'd fit right in.
If I had proof it would work I could be the next Mystic Meg and predict Lotto Niumbers

I tell you what else I cannot prove but reckon would work.

Regarding knife crime , if society really wanted to solve and substantially reduce knife crime do the following:

Under 16 caught with a knife 3 months directly to Young Offenders Institution as a penally.

Over 16 but under 18 , 6 months Young Offenders Institution as a penalty

Over 18 but under 21 , 2 years directly to gaol , do not pass go.

Use or attempted use of a knife 5 years minimum penalty.

Police Powers to stop and search for knives at random to prevent death and serious injury to young people.

Of course the Lily liberals will be wringing their hands in angst but if families want to really prevent their kids coming to harm by knives this will work better than the lame and feeble approach going on now.

Of course I cannot prove it.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Don't you think that the kids carrying knives are doing it for a reason?

Perhaps the vague and distant possibility of getting stopped by a police service with some 20,000 fewer officers than a decade ago, convicted by a court system that's so backlogged it's close to collapse, and then put into an overcrowded prison system weighs a little less heavily on them that the possibility of being out without "protection" right now.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:49 pm

If I had proof it would work I could be the next Mystic Meg and predict Lotto Niumbers

Regarding knife crime , if society really wanted to solve and substantially reduce knife crime do the following:

Under 16 caught with a knife 3 months directly to Young Offenders Institution as a penally.

Police Powers to stop and search for knives at random to prevent death and serious injury to young people.

Of course the Lily liberals will be wringing their hands in angst but if families want to really prevent their kids coming to harm by knives this will work better than the lame and feeble approach going on now.

Our Societal problems resolved in one post - bugger all to do with migration through.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

StillSpike wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:54 pm Don't you think that the kids carrying knives are doing it for a reason?

Perhaps the vague and distant possibility of getting stopped by a police service with some 20,000 fewer officers than a decade ago, convicted by a court system that's so backlogged it's close to collapse, and then put into an overcrowded prison system weighs a little less heavily on them that the possibility of being out without "protection" right now.
There have been numerous stabbings and murders where the perpetrator has been an immigrant , legal and illegal so not too irrelevant.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

So you want to stop legal migration too? Things are becoming clearer now.
Daily Express bot
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Proposition Joe wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:53 pm So you want to stop legal migration too? Things are becoming clearer now.
No, just illegal migration.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

So why mention legal migrants? I thought you made a point of only bringing up things that were relevant?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Daily Express bot wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:49 pm

Who is this ‘Lily Liberal’?
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

🤨

”Vietnamese migrants have become the largest nationality to cross the Channel this year, according to Home Office sources, although the department will not disclose the figures until next month.

The majority of Vietnamese immigrants arriving illegally in the UK are now women. This contrasts to the trend of all other nationalities, more than three quarters of whom are male. Border Force sources said Vietnamese women are arriving with “a significant amount” of contraception, which signals they are coming to work in the sex industry”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9732 ... 15e3af0578
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

For God's sake this is people traffiking now, why cant they get a grip on these gangs?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

"........Margaret Thatcher granted asylum to 10,000 Vietnamese refugees in 1979."

Good old Maggie so much more considerate than modern Tories.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

For some reason, probably because I’m a big ‘ol racist, this just reminded me of a story.

I was recently over in Jersey, and whilst driving around the island, I noticed lots of food shacks selling Thai food. Most of these were located at the end of harbour walls, or in locations that were not too prominent around the coast.

Give that the island is a tad on the mono-cultural side, I wondered why there were so many of these particular shacks. Why were they all selling Thai food, and how were they all so financially viable given that many (from what I could tell) would not get much passing trade?

Later one evening, whilst back at the hotel, I happened to mention my observation to one of the bar staff. She explained that many of the wealthy retired gentlemen who have a residence on the island had obtained their very own younger Thai brides and brought them to live with them. As a result, there was a population of Thai women with some spare cash, free time and full of the entrepreneur spirit.

So, they arranged some networking sessions, and got their husbands to pull a few strings, and set up in business with these Thai food shacks all across the island. The shacks are not that profitable overall, but it keeps them busy, and provides local employment and the occasional tourist with a choice of food. It’s probably also useful in their husbands’ tax affairs (I have no idea but may as well throw this in the mix too).

The moral of the story is that, while tax avoidance, glorified prostitution, and possible money laundering have their downsides, it can at the very least result in a decent Pad Thai where you least expect it. So let's not write these Vietnamese women off just yet.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm For some reason, probably because I’m a big ‘ol racist, this just reminded me of a story.

I was recently over in Jersey, and whilst driving around the island, I noticed lots of food shacks selling Thai food. Most of these were located at the end of harbour walls, or in locations that were not too prominent around the coast.

Give that the island is a tad on the mono-cultural side, I wondered why there were so many of these particular shacks. Why were they all selling Thai food, and how were they all so financially viable given that many (from what I could tell) would not get much passing trade?

Later one evening, whilst back at the hotel, I happened to mention my observation to one of the bar staff. She explained that many of the wealthy retired gentlemen who have a residence on the island had obtained their very own younger Thai brides and brought them to live with them. As a result, there was a population of Thai women with some spare cash, free time and full of the entrepreneur spirit.

So, they arranged some networking sessions, and got their husbands to pull a few strings, and set up in business with these Thai food shacks all across the island. The shacks are not that profitable overall, but it keeps them busy, and provides local employment and the occasional tourist with a choice of food. It’s probably also useful in their husbands’ tax affairs (I have no idea but may as well throw this in the mix too).

The moral of the story is that, while tax avoidance, glorified prostitution, and possible money laundering have their downsides, it can at the very least result in a decent Pad Thai where you least expect it. So let's not write these Vietnamese women off just yet.
Noted. Can I add that just because they have significant amounts of contraception in their possession it does not necessarily mean they are participants in the sex trade. They may just be really horny. Typical misogyny.
faldO
Fresh Alias

Post by faldO »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm For God's sake this is people traffiking now, why cant they get a grip on these gangs?
They are...two people jailed only yesterday for people smuggling.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crgynkjzj0go
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Out of the country :D
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Long slender neck wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm For God's sake this is people traffiking now, why cant they get a grip on these gangs?
Yeah, this is Labour's weasel excuse for a policy save putting their neck on the line. Saying the answer is to stop the traffickers will be next to impossible. Just a load of waffle.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

:| Whats this got to do with Labour?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Because they are almost certainly going to form the next government and this is what they continually spout off to be the answer? Crazy.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

If he says “smash the gangs” enough times countries like, Albania, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Syria will allow our police jurisdiction in those countries :geek:
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The Bulgarian and Kurdish gangs might start to worry too. They're well know for their aversion to forensic scrutiny.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am Because they are almost certainly going to form the next government and this is what they continually spout off to be the answer? Crazy.
You DON'T want to stop people trafficking?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Now you're being silly.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm 🤨

”Vietnamese migrants have become the largest nationality to cross the Channel this year, according to Home Office sources, although the department will not disclose the figures until next month.

The majority of Vietnamese immigrants arriving illegally in the UK are now women. This contrasts to the trend of all other nationalities, more than three quarters of whom are male. Border Force sources said Vietnamese women are arriving with “a significant amount” of contraception, which signals they are coming to work in the sex industry”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/9732 ... 15e3af0578
Do people in Vietnam really think it's difficult to get jonnies in the UK?
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:02 am Because they are almost certainly going to form the next government and this is what they continually spout off to be the answer? Crazy.
Are you for real?