Migrants crossing the channel

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Migrants crossing the channel

Post by Type high »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:35 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:21 pm
Lineker tweeted on Wednesday: "I'll continue to try and speak up for those poor souls that have no choice."
I think this is a bit naive. Hes taken the bait and turned this into the media frenzy the Tories wanted.
Maybe he just feels he's right and is speaking out for the silent majority who don't want refugees treated like common criminals.
How do you know what the silent majority want, stuck up in scotlandshire a land that refuses to accept a majority decision from its own electorate. with a basket case economy of their own making
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Type high wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:03 am
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:21 pm

I think this is a bit naive. Hes taken the bait and turned this into the media frenzy the Tories wanted.
Maybe he just feels he's right and is speaking out for the silent majority who don't want refugees treated like common criminals.
How do you know what the silent majority want, stuck up in scotlandshire a land that refuses to accept a majority decision from its own electorate. with a basket case economy of their own making
The oppressed silent majority have no voice of their own and prefer it that way, choosing to channel their thoughts through a good men like me and Gaz.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:59 pm

The oppressed silent majority have no voice of their own and prefer it that way, choosing to channel their thoughts through a good men like me and Gaz.
First it's good to hear from you again

Who says we are repressed? I certainly don't, We have a voice of our own and if we wish we can use the biased internet, to fire off a few shots about any old drivel, that's currently flavour of the month, if I felt the need to sound off on a particular subject, I would certainly wouldn't use the sainted Sir Lineker. one the most biased people on the keyboard, It's nice that you have offered your services to me however I must decline your offer as welcome as it is.
During my time over the years I have worked on most if not all of our National Daily Papers, Never trust one line of internet, the printed word is accountable un like anything put on here
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Who says we are repressed? I certainly don't, We have a voice of our own and if we wish we can use the biased internet, to fire off a few shots about any old drivel, that's currently flavour of the month, if I felt the need to sound off on a particular subject, I would certainly wouldn't use the sainted Sir Lineker. one the most biased people on the keyboard, It's nice that you have offered your services to me however I must decline your offer as welcome as it is.
During my time over the years I have worked on most if not all of our National Daily Papers, Never trust one line of internet, the printed word is accountable un like anything put on here
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Type high wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:55 am

How is he biased? Does he have a vested interest in this?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

FrankOFile wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:15 am

Yes he does, As a sports presenter he is using his public image to push his views on politics with no attempt at balance, only left wing bias
FrankOFile
Fresh Alias

Post by FrankOFile »

Type high wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:10 am

Yes he does, As a sports presenter he is using his public image to push his views on politics with no attempt at balance, only left wing bias
You appear to be confusing a point of view with bias, but I suspect you know that.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Or is he just expressing an opinion? Whereas his fellow BBC presenter Alan Sugar explicitly told people to vote Conservative in 2019, which most people would agree was a more egregious example of using one's image to push one's views, yet I don't recall any similar outcry about that.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:11 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:39 pm Part of the naivety is that the left wont admit many of these people are not refugees.
That's not entirely true. I admit to it.
why do all refugees coming across the sea throw there documents in the sea.
apparently there are many thousands of passports on the ocean bed.
my point is if any genuine asylum seeker turns up with documentation
showing they are from a worn torn country they would automatic-ly
be accepted.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

FrankOFile wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:18 am

You appear to be confusing a point of view with bias, but I suspect you know that.
If you only have one point of view, as per the sainted sir Gary that means you're biased, as per your questioning
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Type high wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:16 am

If you only have one point of view, as per the sainted sir Gary that means you're biased, as per your questioning
Could you do us all a favour and f*** off back to Mungos? You're either very thick or just being a fanny. Or both.

Actually, it is both.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

greyhound wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:47 am
Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:11 pm
Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:39 pm Part of the naivety is that the left wont admit many of these people are not refugees.
That's not entirely true. I admit to it.
why do all refugees coming across the sea throw there documents in the sea.
apparently there are many thousands of passports on the ocean bed.
my point is if any genuine asylum seeker turns up with documentation
showing they are from a worn torn country they would automatic-ly
be accepted.
Documents in hand or not 75% of asylum applications to remain in the UK are successful.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ffs, how?

So they're not migrants? Or it cant be proven?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Type high wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:16 am

So you agree you're also biased then?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:26 am ffs, how?

So they're not migrants? Or it cant be proven?
First one.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

But the biggest makeup is Albanian men?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It doesn't really matter if some blowhard keeps on bleating "they're all economic migrants". If 75% are granted asylum, then that rather indicates that they're not all economic migrants. Also, that 75% is the number granted asylum on the first go. A proportion of those refused asylum then win on appeal - I believe it's around 10% but can't remember whether that's 10% of the 25% (i.e. 2.5% of the total number) or 10% of the total number (i.e, about 40% of those who appeal)

If only there was a decent, and timely, way of processing applications so that the minority who are not deemed genuine asylum seekers can be refused entry and the majority who are genuine can be brought into the country properly to start getting on with their lives and contributing to society - rather than being banged up forever awaiting the pen pushers.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Even better, of course, would be for some legal and safe way for asylum seekers to apply for asylum without risking their lives in wee boats while lining the pockets of criminals.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

StillSpike wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:54 am Even better, of course, would be for some legal and safe way for asylum seekers to apply for asylum without risking their lives in wee boats while lining the pockets of criminals.
everyone has a point of view but have no answer to the problem
just like MPS they haven't a clue ether or Iver.
all that's happening in this country is we keep
pumping money into Frances coffers who are as happy
as Larry to get rid.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

(If there were no borders , it would take a little time but eventually people would stop fighting over imaginary lines drawn in the sand)
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

This is a useful briefing

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... s/sn01403/

Personally, I don't think "small boats" is the problem that it's made out to be. It's a tiny amount of people, but it's a very useful distraction from the abject failures of the current administration.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:16 am Image
Your chart seems to indicate that Albanian (men or women) make up a very small % of the total, and also have the second lowest grant rate. So it kind of disproves the assertion that Albanian men make up the biggest part of applicants, doesn't it?