Average Away Attendances

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Average Away Attendances

Post by spen666 »

As expected Orient are at the top of the tablefor the average attendances at away games ( total crowds not away fans, but surprised to see Salford 2nd. Given their relatively away support, it suggests that fans around the country are attracted to watch them, possibly because they think they will see some of the clas if 82?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... ances/away
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Re: Average Away Attendances

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:56 pm As expected Orient are at the top of the tablefor the average attendances at away games ( total crowds not away fans, but surprised to see Salford 2nd. Given their relatively away support, it suggests that fans around the country are attracted to watch them, possibly because they think they will see some of the clas if 82?

Apologies for being dense but I’m not entirely sure I understand what that table is showing.

Is it the average attendance of the home club whilst the club play there away? So, basically, of all the away games Orient have played, the average attendance of the entire ground is c.2700?
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:12 pm
spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:56 pm As expected Orient are at the top of the tablefor the average attendances at away games ( total crowds not away fans, but surprised to see Salford 2nd. Given their relatively away support, it suggests that fans around the country are attracted to watch them, possibly because they think they will see some of the clas if 82?

Apologies for being dense but I’m not entirely sure I understand what that table is showing.

Is it the average attendance of the home club whilst the club play there away? So, basically, of all the away games Orient have played, the average attendance of the entire ground is c.2700?
Yes, it shows the average attendance at Orient away games was c2700, then 2nd highest watched club away from home was Salfird
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:43 pm
Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:12 pm

Yes, it shows the average attendance at Orient away games was c2700, then 2nd highest watched club away from home was Salfird
Interesting. I wonder if the fact that it’s *Salford* has more impact than the fact that it’s *a team at the top of the league*

Interesting stats regardless, thanks for sharing.
Bottomley’s Ghost
Fresh Alias

Post by Bottomley’s Ghost »

It’s partly what statisticians will come to call the ‘Wrexham effect’. One game, 8,283 crowd. Top of the table match on Boxing Day. The number of matches are sufficiently small and some of home crowds so pitifully low that this match skews things overall.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Bottomley’s Ghost wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:49 am It’s partly what statisticians will come to call the ‘Wrexham effect’. One game, 8,283 crowd. Top of the table match on Boxing Day. The number of matches are sufficiently small and some of home crowds so pitifully low that this match skews things overall.
As Wrexham gave averaged over 5000 per home game, the boost to the total Salford figure compared to others is less than 3000 or around 150 per game