Sad statement - Justin Edinburgh

Archived tributes and threads in relation to the sad passing of our championship winning manager, Justin Edinburgh.
Joe_Mayo
Fresh Alias

Re: Sad statement - Justin Edinburgh

Post by Joe_Mayo »

As I said to a mate who supports Arsenal: When you support a big club you're part of the audience but when you support Leyton Orient you feel part of the cast.

I haven't stopped crying since this news broke and it feels like I've lost a close family member or best friend even though I never knew Justin personally.

The tributes from across the football world show the high esteem in which Justin was held.

My thoughts , prayers and sincere condolences to Justin's family, friends and colleagues at this extremely difficult and tragic time.

Thank you Justin for the wonderful contribution to our club and the life long memories you've given to us O's fans.
May God bless you. RIP.
😭😭💔💔
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

My sincere condolences to Mr Justin Edinburgh’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time. I never knew Mr Edinburgh, but I saw the impact he has had on so many peoples lives. He’s changed a team, a club, a fan base and an area, the likes of which I’ve not seen before. His sad passing has left a hole for us supporters and I really feel for his family at this time, may you all find the strength you require to come through this together.

Where there was darkness, you gave us light
Where there was sadness, you gave us joy
Where we were losers, you made us winners

You will forever be an Orient Legend. Once an O, always an O.

May your soul rest in peace and may god bless you for eternity.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

Just got on as main computer conked.Bios battery so using backup computer.Just about off to work called in early.

Deeply shocked Blown to bits.Feel awful.So sorry.Just seen this.

R.I.P. Justin you are a legend.

I just suddenly feel like I've aged 20 years. :(
Last edited by Howling Mad Murdock on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HavantO
Fresh Alias

Post by HavantO »

Absolutely gutted and devastated. This game of ours means so much, but at the moment it means so little. We’ll forever have all the wonderful memories of last season that he gave us. But most importantly he brought us back together as a club and as a family. Now we mourn and send our love and prayers to his wife, children and wider family, but his legacy will live on for many many years to come. Gone but never forgotten. RIP Justin
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

This tragedy is yet another reminder of the uncertainty of life. Terrible, terrible news.
Deepest condolences to his family - football is not important.
BengeO
Fresh Alias

He gave a lot to a lot of people.

Post by BengeO »

A great loss.
I did not know him personally - but he was a person I saw most weeks over the past year or so.
On those occasions he brought my family happiness, excitement, joy,(not much disappointment), and a feeling of being part of something special.
Besides family, not many people in your life do that for you.
Pandy
Fresh Alias

Post by Pandy »

I was still upset with our Wembley fiasco, hadn't renewed my season ticket. God how this brings things into perspective. I will be there next Justin in your honor, the football is irrelevant, god bless your family and thank you Justin.
LeapsAndBounds
Fresh Alias

Post by LeapsAndBounds »

Only just heard the news on switching on my computer. I feel totally devastated and in tears. We have lost a manager who was loved by all our supporters and respected by all those who knew him in football.
This is a big reminder that people are more important than results!
My thoughts are with his family.
RIP Justin you can't be replaced.
Ralphs Coate
Fresh Alias

Post by Ralphs Coate »

Terrible sad news,thinking of his family and friends
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

I concur with all the words spoken on this thread and to add mine. We are all wondering why a man, who brought so so much joy and happiness to thousands of people, that through Nature's fickle finger of fate brought so much sadness to those same thousands of people. You did us all proud in what you and your team achieved.Your memory will live long in the hearts of those same thousands. His family must feel so proud of him in this time of sadness. I had the pleasure of shaking his hand just after he became the manager when he came to the take away where I worked and I thanked him for taking over and that hopefully you can achieve the return to the FL. He said "I will do my best". You did more than that. My condolences and symathy to all your family. The King is dead. Long live the King.Rest In Peace Justin. You did us proud.
SawboO
Fresh Alias

Post by SawboO »

There are no words.All I can say is,thank you Justin, and deepest condolences to your family.R.I.P.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Had a lousy night....hardly slept. thinking about Justin all night long. How wrong is it that a man is taken from this world at 49, at least 30 years before he should have been.
The heartbreak we are probably all feeling will take an awful long time to recede I think.
He will now never have the pleasure of seeing the team he built play in the EFL....how cruel is that?
I feel like a close friend has gone...this is just awful
Oz O
Fresh Alias

Post by Oz O »

like others joined the forum today/ tonight (0z time) to pass on condolences to Justin Edinburgh's family, friends, fans and those affected by his passing. Orient are a unique club and in these awful circumstances wish all those associated with the club and Justin all the best. From elation to despair in a short space of time but there is no doubt his legacy will live on.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

A tragedy for the club but absolutely devastating for his family to whom I offer my sincerest condolences.

RIP
Wrex the dragon
Fresh Alias

Post by Wrex the dragon »

Wrexham fan here. Felt compelled to pass on my condolences to you & Justins family.
Sad loss indeed.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Great and deserved tributes from everyone here. On hearing such terrible news football suddenly didn’t matter. Sincere condolences to the family, friends and everyone at the club, and all us fans are of course feeling it too.

RIP Justin, thanks for everything, you will forever be a club legend, and whenever we take the pitch for a league game your legacy will live on.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

After a bad nights sleep I drove down to the ground this morning. I hung my first ever Os scarf bought for me by my dad from our promotion winning season in Division Three in 1969 alongside all the others on the railing and then signed the book of condolence. It was very dignified and respectful and the club opened the stadium so fans could lay tributes in the home dug out.

Found it quite moving but glad that I went, some of the Os backroom staff came out to read the tributes left for Justin.

God bless Justin's family and my he rest in peace.
Wrexhamfc
Fresh Alias

Post by Wrexhamfc »

Another Wrexham supporter here.

Sometimes certain things stop you in your tracks and knocks the wind out of you, this has. I always knew we were in for a very tough game and to be fair, we would usually lose playing against a team led by Justin. He was a winner and when I accepted Wrexham were simply not good enough, I was glad he got a proper football club promoted this season. He was a player and a manager I admired a great deal and I'm truly shocked and saddened by this. Thoughts are with Justin's family and everyone at Leyton Orient football club.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Wrexhamfc wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:51 pm Another Wrexham supporter here.

Sometimes certain things stop you in your tracks and knocks the wind out of you, this has. I always knew we were in for a very tough game and to be fair, we would usually lose playing against a team led by Justin. He was a winner and when I accepted Wrexham were simply not good enough, I was glad he got a proper football club promoted this season. He was a player and a manager I admired a great deal and I'm truly shocked and saddened by this. Thoughts are with Justin's family and everyone at Leyton Orient football club.
Thank you for taking time to post Wrexham Fans.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

A touching obit from “our” Hutch in The Gaurdian today:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... t-football
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... 53tAUTATSM

A great tribute in the Telegraph as well
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Wrexhamfc
Fresh Alias

Post by Wrexhamfc »

Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Was just looking at this thread and was about to post it.Not surprised that Wrexham have such a decent set of fans. :)

Thank You.
Last edited by Howling Mad Murdock on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Sincerely wanted Wrexham to go up last year, hoping they do next. Will always have my respect.