Sad statement - Justin Edinburgh

Archived tributes and threads in relation to the sad passing of our championship winning manager, Justin Edinburgh.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Sad statement - Justin Edinburgh

Post by Give it to Jabo »

RIP. A true HerO. Heartbreaking news.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

It's a true mark of the love and respect that Os fans felt for Justin that floral tributes and scarves are being left outside the ground. It's clear from some of the pictures on twitter that people there tonight are absolutely devastated.

I sort feel I want to be at the ground too feels like when you lose a family member you just want to be at home so I will drive down tomorrow morning to leave some flowers and pay my respects I want to do something however small. hours after the news first broke and I feel very upset.

I stumbled upon the picture of Justin and his family on the pitch after the Braintree game it's really gut wrenching to think it was only six weeks ago and this time last week Justin was enjoying himself in a Madrid.
Last edited by Top of the JES on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackadder
Fresh Alias

Post by Blackadder »

My son phoned and told me, and I, along with everybody else, am in deep shock. An absolute travesty that JE was taken so early,
but he will live on for ever as part of the history of Leyton Orient Football Club. RIP a true gentleman.
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Sad news indeed. Taken way to early. Thoughts with the family.
DissOppointed
Fresh Alias

Post by DissOppointed »

Such sad news,absolutely devasted
Luckybay1969
Fresh Alias

Post by Luckybay1969 »

I just had to join the forum been a supporter since i was a young boy over 40 years as I am so upset about the loss of our Manager who will always be remembered as an Orient legend and I can’t imagine how his family are feeling - god bless them and hope they can find the strength of what love people have shown towards a great man - life is too short and unfair at times - hope he was in a happy place watching his beloved spurs and his greatest managerial achievement- a stand in his honour please - we need this to happen - thanks again Justin..
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Heart breaking, can't take this in. RIP Gaffer LEGEND.
loughtonos
Fresh Alias

Post by loughtonos »

I was one of Justin's greatest fans and picked him to replace Steve Davis before he actually got the job.
I saw him going on to greater things hopefully with the Os.
My sincerest condolences to the Edinburgh family. RIP Justin
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This received via email tonight:

Dear Sir,
As a Gateshead season ticket holder, wanted to ask if you could add my name to your book of rememberance for Mr Edinburgh, following the absolutely awful news of his passing.
We at Gateshead will always be grateful for the generosity shown by your supporters during our recent troubled times. But this news really puts everything into perspective, and it would be wrong of us as a group to miss the opportunity to show support to you at this terrible time.
Condolences to Mr Edinburgh's family, and to everybody connected to Leyton Orient.
RIP Justin and God Bless you all
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

Deepest sympathy and condolences to the Edinburgh family.

The joy of last season will always be remembered. RIP. Justin.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

A sad day for Leyton Orient but a tragedy for the Edinburgh family
RIP Justin
georgowas1892
Fresh Alias

Post by georgowas1892 »

Have read the message board in whatever format for last five years but just joined so as to post now. RIP Justin and thoughts to his family and friends. You gave hope back to this football club and will not be forgotten.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Terrible news.

My thoughts are with Justins family and friends. My sincere condolences and best wishes and thanks to Justin for everything he did for our club. We will remember him always.
Luckybay1969
Fresh Alias

Post by Luckybay1969 »

Likewise, absolutely gutted what a loss - let’s carry on his legacy and send our support to his poor family - only a year younger than me so puts life into perspective - thanks for the memories boss.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Devastating, awful news. My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends, and to all O's tonight. RIP Justin.
TrickorTreat
Fresh Alias

Post by TrickorTreat »

I can't quite believe it.

Thank you Justin for all the great things you have done for our club.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

admin wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:22 pm This received via email tonight:

Dear Sir,
As a Gateshead season ticket holder, wanted to ask if you could add my name to your book of rememberance for Mr Edinburgh, following the absolutely awful news of his passing.
We at Gateshead will always be grateful for the generosity shown by your supporters during our recent troubled times. But this news really puts everything into perspective, and it would be wrong of us as a group to miss the opportunity to show support to you at this terrible time.
Condolences to Mr Edinburgh's family, and to everybody connected to Leyton Orient.
RIP Justin and God Bless you all
Nice touch👍
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

It takes time to sink in. Devastating news. Condolences to all Justin's family. R I P Justin
Winchesterfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Winchesterfan »

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very sad time.

In the space of eighteen months he became an Orient legend , we will miss him but never forget him.

RIP Justin.
WillAG
Fresh Alias

Post by WillAG »

It is with complete shock and sadness to be writing this. You came in when we were dead and buried we were heading for the National League South. You galvanised that same group of players and made everyone associated with the club believe again. You helped to unite all supporters and lead us to the most successful season in my lifetime and one of the most successful in Orient’s history getting us promoted back to the EFL and leading us to a final at Wembley.

When I last saw you about a month ago at the sponsors evening you looked so fit and healthy. You were telling me about your plans for next season and the aim of getting back to back promotions to get us back to league 1. Next season will not be the same without you on the touch line and your calm and composed interviews even after challenging results.
To think that you were at the champions league final just a few days before this tragedy occurred just puts into perspective how fragile life can be and how quickly someone’s life can be taken away from them. As my dad famously says, that’s why it is always important to ‘live the dash’. The word legend is overused in football in the modern day and age but it is without doubt that you will always be an Orient legend. You would have gone on to manage our great club for years to come and would have lead us back up the leagues. I am sure that the boys will still do that in your legacy.

Above all you were a kind and caring man who always had time for the supporters and you really understood our great club. Everyone at Orient loved you Justin. Thank you for everything.
We will never forget you.
RIP ❤️
Sparetired
Fresh Alias

Post by Sparetired »

Says it all! Sending love and strength to Justin's family at this terrible time. RIP and thank you.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Just heard. Awful news. That’s no age - condolences to the family.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

This tweet from Bianca Westwood has sent me over the edge again. I'm just devastated by this and heartbroken for his family.

Gutted to hear about Justin Edinburgh. A lovely guy & a good young manager. He told me that taking @leytonorientfc back to the league was his finest achievement & promotion the best day of his life in football. So glad he got to experience that. My deepest sympathy to his family. https://t.co/bsDY6sKgab
John BercOw
Fresh Alias

Post by John BercOw »

Think this is even harder to digest, because we are such a tightky knitted club and this loss affects us at deeper levels. A very sad time indeed
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Feels totally unfair for him to go so young, gutted for his family.