Justin taken to hospital

Archived tributes and threads in relation to the sad passing of our championship winning manager, Justin Edinburgh.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Justin taken to hospital

Post by Thor »

There is a a Twitter from someone showing a page from the daily mail saying bad things and a person going mad at them. Searching the daily mail does not bring anything up though.

I'm proper worried and concerned now.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

The papers often prepare an obit just in case. Absolutely disgraceful if its been leaked.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Eat The Rich wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:23 pm The papers often prepare an obit just in case. Absolutely disgraceful if its been leaked.
It's not an obit as such, daily mail appear to have issued a few lines as breaking news.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Thor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm There is a a Twitter from someone showing a page from the daily mail saying bad things and a person going mad at them. Searching the daily mail does not bring anything up though.

Person posting that has been challenged on it as "fake news". He then claimed it was something he had seen on twitter ( but its not elsewhere if you search for it) Now he has deleted the tweet in its entirety
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

spen666 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:39 pm
Thor wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:21 pm There is a a Twitter from someone showing a page from the daily mail saying bad things and a person going mad at them. Searching the daily mail does not bring anything up though.

Person posting that has been challenged on it as "fake news". He then claimed it was something he had seen on twitter ( but its not elsewhere if you search for it) Now he has deleted the tweet in its entirety
That thought crossed my mind also. What a strange thing to photoshop.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

You'd think there would be an announcement via the club, putting these horrible rumours to bed
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Come on club, Announce....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

If what i heard is true & has nothing to do with the papers or social media they will make an announcement soon enough. I just hope its not
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 pm If what i heard is true & has nothing to do with the papers or social media they will make an announcement soon enough. I just hope its not
And the point of this post is?

Tuffers do me a favour and shut up
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm

The DM Online Editor, who hasn't tweeted in about 12 months, got in touch with him so definitely something odd about that original post.
Razzmachaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Razzmachaz »

This is just horrible for everybody concerned, especially his family. My thoughts are with Charlie and the rest of the family. No one is being intentionally nosey, I think everyone is deeply concerned for Justin and worried, whether they know Justin through Orient or otherwise. It's a shock to everybody as Justin always seems such a picture of good health and indeed my friend met him in Madrid on Saturday and had a photo taken and Justin seemed happy and well. Obviously, like everybody else hoping for a speedy and full recovery
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Wont be what people want to hear but unfortunately, in the day and age we live in, the club making a statement and then not saying another word for 4 days was always going to lead to speculation, and eventually someone either 'leaking' something or making something up. Lets all hope its BS.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

It's not the club's news!! The club have no more right than we do to know his condition, only the family do. They have asked for privacy and the club has to respect that - as we do.

I want to know; desperately want to hear good news; am fearful of not so good news - but we are way down the pecking order as the family deal with something totally unexpected.
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

Agree , it's the family's wishes to keep it private , let's just respect that and pray the gaffer makes a full recovery .
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 pm Agree , it's the family's wishes to keep it private , let's just respect that and pray the gaffer makes a full recovery .
101% agree this.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

BIGRON wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:17 pm Agree , it's the family's wishes to keep it private , let's just respect that and pray the gaffer makes a full recovery .
Plenty of arguments on this forum but the one thing we all agree on is wishing JE a full recovery. Lets hope for good news, and soon.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Of course its 100% the families wishes, what im saying is that, unfortunately, this was always going to happen. No ones fault, just a reality. Which is a massive shame.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

This message board really is something else. The poor bloke is in hospital and there’s people on here moaning that his family/the club haven’t fully satiated their need to be nosy.

Unbelievable really. What on earth gives anybody the right to know about the medical condition of another person?

The club made a statement. The least fans can do is show some bl*ddy respect, wish him well and hope for the best.

To be on here whinging because there isn’t a double page spread out there on his current condition really is disgusting. This message board is fast becoming a cesspit. Even the club manager can’t be ill without some on here acting like entitled Richards.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:17 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm

The DM Online Editor, who hasn't tweeted in about 12 months, got in touch with him so definitely something odd about that original post.
I saw that DM web page earlier via a link i.e. viewed it as live content. It definitely had the caption none of us want to see on one of the photos. Rest of the article hadn't changed which was very odd. Either they got caught out by that Twitter post (which if someone made it up is sick and twisted beyond a level I can comprehend) or an editor made a mistake and released something they shouldn't have.

We can all only but hope for Justin's recovery and return to health but also I'm also fearful of the alternative outcome. The outpouring of concern and well-wishers since Monday just shows what an impact he's made on this club, staff and supporters.
Captain Zep
Fresh Alias

Post by Captain Zep »

The club will only be respecting the family's wishes for privacy, it would be innappropiate to do otherwise. You might say, as an outside observer, it would be better to release some information to prevent ridiculous speculation and outrageous lies. However, that is probably not on the family's mind at present. It's a shame on all of us to expect rolling news but it's a sign of the times. Just hoping for some positive news, however long it may take.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:15 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:13 pm If what i heard is true & has nothing to do with the papers or social media they will make an announcement soon enough. I just hope its not
And the point of this post is?

Tuffers do me a favour and shut up
The point of this post is
I heard a rumour not connected to the twitter thing, that i hope isnt true.

No need for you to get all uppity about me making a post .
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Captain Zep wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 pm The club will only be respecting the family's wishes for privacy, it would be innappropiate to do otherwise. You might say, as an outside observer, it would be better to release some information to prevent ridiculous speculation and outrageous lies. However, that is probably not on the family's mind at present. It's a shame on all of us to expect rolling news but it's a sign of the times. Just hoping for some positive news, however long it may take.
Quite.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm It's not the club's news!! The club have no more right than we do to know his condition, only the family do. They have asked for privacy and the club has to respect that - as we do.

I want to know; desperately want to hear good news; am fearful of not so good news - but we are way down the pecking order as the family deal with something totally unexpected.
Totally right. As much as I would love to know how he is doing, it's a private matter. We just have to keep hoping for the best.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:36 pm
LittleMate wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:15 pm It's not the club's news!! The club have no more right than we do to know his condition, only the family do. They have asked for privacy and the club has to respect that - as we do.

Totally right. As much as I would love to know how he is doing, it's a private matter. We just have to keep hoping for the best.
There used to be a saying
No news is good news .
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Esteban wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:07 pm This message board really is something else. The poor bloke is in hospital and there’s people on here moaning that his family/the club haven’t fully satiated their need to be nosy.

Unbelievable really. What on earth gives anybody the right to know about the medical condition of another person?

The club made a statement. The least fans can do is show some bl*ddy respect, wish him well and hope for the best.

To be on here whinging because there isn’t a double page spread out there on his current condition really is disgusting. This message board is fast becoming a cesspit. Even the club manager can’t be ill without some on here acting like entitled Richards.
To be fair it has only been Caca being true to form with his ‘Look at me, I’m controversial’ comments in this way. Most of us have kept away from speculation, or criticising the club for not issuing more statements. For once, they are spot on here. Everyone should focus their positivity on Justin’s recovery rather than constantly creating a circus around the poor fella’s hospital bed.

In short, back off.