Strong Words

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Strong Words

Post by Max B Gold »

"The mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has compared the language used by Donald Trump to rally his supporters to that of “the fascists of the 20th century” in an explosive intervention before the US president’s state visit to London that begins on Monday.

Writing in the Observer, Khan condemned the red-carpet treatment being afforded to Trump, who, with his wife Melania, will be a guest of the Queen during his three-day stay, which is expected to provoke massive protests in the capital on Tuesday.

Khan said: “President Donald Trump is just one of the most egregious examples of a growing global threat. The far right is on the rise around the world, threatening our hard-won rights and freedoms and the values that have defined our liberal, democratic societies for more than 70 years."

He's bang right for a wishy washy soft liberal Labour Blair boy.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Strong Words

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Even the blairites get it right, once in a while.

Our grandchildren will look back on us with disgust in 60 years time at how we’d just stood back and let this happen.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Yup, and the far right are extremely well organised and working efficiently as a Global "organisation". Scumbags all, but they know how to spread their poison. Their use of social media, notably FB, shows a level of sophistication and intelligence that is highly concerning.
VeganO
Fresh Alias

Post by VeganO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 pm Even the blairites get it right, once in a while.

Our grandchildren will look back on us with disgust in 60 years time at how we’d just stood back and let this happen.
Yup, scumbags like Trump are getting too easy a ride. No surprise that Boris will be meeting him as the potential next PM but they are birds of a feather.
Hopefully there will be massive demonstrations against Trump when he's here.
We ignore the rise of the right at our peril & its about time that people like Farage are exposed for what they are & are demonstrated against wherever they go
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Both with their snouts in the trough.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I really don’t get why we’re entertaining the Trumpster to a State visit. These populist nationalist types need to be shunned, not courted or normalised. Mind you, we love sucking up to other scum like the Saudis too, just so long as we can flog them some weapons to kill 1000s of Yemeni kids with, so I don’t hold my breath on seeing the UK do the right thing in these instances.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

Sadiq is just the sort of leader the Labour Party needs to keep the Tories in opposition for a generation.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 am Sadiq is just the sort of leader the Labour Party needs to keep the Tories in opposition for a generation.
It's not about Sadiq is it? It's about the rise of the far right, which he is correctly highlighting.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 am
Disoriented wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:39 am Sadiq is just the sort of leader the Labour Party needs to keep the Tories in opposition for a generation.
It's not about Sadiq is it? It's about the rise of the far right, which he is correctly highlighting.
No, but my point is a prescient one. He connects with a wider range of voter than Jeremy, thus his condemnations speak louder.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Disoriented wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:43 am
BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:41 am
No, but my point is a prescient one. He connects with a wider range of voter than Jeremy, thus his condemnations speak louder.
You'd hope so.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

FYI - link to Avaaz site re extent of far right "disinformation" or as our old buddy the Trumpster calls it, Fake News. FB had to take action given the evidence presented to them and this investigation into misuse of social media was heralded by much of the media.

https://secure.avaaz.org/campaign/en/di ... rk_report/
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

What Sadiq forgets is that the odious Trump the individual is not coming to the UK for a visit. The President of the USA is coming for a visit.

Sadiq's actions are an affront to one of our oldest and most important allies.

Someone in Sadiq's position should understand the difference between an individual's visit and someone representing his country.

Sadiq's actions are an affront to all the citizens of the USA.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 pm What Sadiq forgets is that the odious Trump the individual is not coming to the UK for a visit. The President of the USA is coming for a visit.

Someone in Sadiq's position should understand the difference between an individual's visit and someone representing his country.

FO you tw*t
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 pm
spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:18 pm What Sadiq forgets is that the odious Trump the individual is not coming to the UK for a visit. The President of the USA is coming for a visit.

FO you tw*t
Wow the intellect you show astounds me.

You don't have to confirm how little intellectual ability you have
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:20 pm

FO you tw*t
You're not worth the effort mate. You're spouting the old services mantra of "salute the rank, not the man" and whilst most of us aren't in the forces we aren't obliged to do so. Trump deserves all the abuse he gets. That has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with any possible affront to citizens of the US and you know it.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

FO you tw*t
You're not worth the effort mate. You're spouting the old services mantra of "salute the rank, not the man" and whilst most of us aren't in the forces we aren't obliged to do so. Trump deserves all the abuse he gets. That has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with any possible affront to citizens of the US and you know it.

No idea what your reference to the armed forces is apart from a distraction.

You and your nasty hate filled mind clearly cannot comprehend the consequences of your actions, or mire likely choose to ignore them.

You carry on with your nasty hate filled actions and wonder why the Labour party are so unelectable even despite the worst conservative government in history.

Your hate filled politics were left behind with militant tendency in the 1980s. Society has moved on
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

VeganO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:27 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 pm Even the blairites get it right, once in a while.

Yup, scumbags like Trump are getting too easy a ride. No surprise that Boris will be meeting him as the potential next PM but they are birds of a feather.
Hopefully there will be massive demonstrations against Trump when he's here.
We ignore the rise of the right at our peril & its about time that people like Farage are exposed for what they are & are demonstrated against wherever they go
Who do you blame for helping the rise of the right all across Europe . ?
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:32 pm

You and your nasty hate filled mind clearly cannot comprehend the consequences of your actions, or mire likely choose to ignore them.

You carry on with your nasty hate filled actions and wonder why the Labour party are so unelectable even despite the worst conservative government in history.

Your hate filled politics were left behind with militant tendency in the 1980s. Society has moved on
Hate filled? Where are you getting that from? Is this some form of definition known only to legal eagles like you (I await Fatbaz to confirm). You've lost it mate. And the reference to the armed forces is appropriate as it's exactly what you're proposing - that we respect Trump due to his rank. Is this too complex a concept for you to understand?

I have no idea where your references to the labour party come from as that is not being discussed here. As for my politics, you don't know me in the slightest and I've never had any dealings with, or interest in, militant tendency. Apart from these slight discrepancies, great post mate, well done. Remind me to look for a real lawyer if ever I need one.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Hate filled? Where are you getting that from?
And I quote "FO you tw*t"

Or perhaps
"Trump deserves all the abuse he gets"

Both comments are full of peace and love aren't they?

Is this some form of definition known only to legal eagles like you (I await Fatbaz to confirm). You've lost it mate. And the reference to the armed forces is appropriate as it's exactly what you're proposing - that we respect Trump due to his rank. Is this too complex a concept for you to understand?
I haven't mentioned the armed forces as they are irrelevant to my comments. You are making random spurious references to military organizations.

I have no idea where your references to the labour party come from as that is not being discussed here. As for my politics, you don't know me in the slightest and I've never had any dealings with, or interest in, militant tendency. Apart from these slight discrepancies, great post mate, well done. Remind me to look for a real lawyer if ever I need one.
References to the Labour Party? Hmm now try to think carefully which party Sadiq Khan is a member of...it couldn't possibly be the Labour Party could it?

So let's see it's a thread about Sadiq Khan's words and he is a Labour Mayor of London speaking in his official capacity in a newspaper article.. but nothing to do with the Labour Party.

Do try to keep up. It's not hard yo understand why the Labour party is mentioned when we are discuss the actions and words of the Labour Mayor of London.

Even the first two posters in this thread even mention labour. Not doing too well now are you?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:58 pm

Or perhaps

Is this some form of definition known only to legal eagles like you (I await Fatbaz to confirm). You've lost it mate. And the reference to the armed forces is appropriate as it's exactly what you're proposing - that we respect Trump due to his rank. Is this too complex a concept for you to understand?
I haven't mentioned the armed forces as they are irrelevant to my comments. You are making random spurious references to military organizations.

References to the Labour Party? Hmm now try to think carefully which party Sadiq Khan is a member of...it couldn't possibly be the Labour Party could it?

So let's see it's a thread about Sadiq Khan's words and he is a Labour Mayor of London speaking in his official capacity in a newspaper article.. but nothing to do with the Labour Party.

Do try to keep up. It's not hard yo understand why the Labour party is mentioned when we are discuss the actions and words of the Labour Mayor of London.

Even the first two posters in this thread even mention labour. Not doing too well now are you?
Oh I don't know, I think I'm doing a bit better than you tbf. Yes, Sadiq is a member of the labour party - well done. Also see my post above where I explicitly say that this is a thread about the rise of the far right and not about Sadiq (or the labour party). As for your reference to the labour party and militant tendency - I have explained that I have no interest in tendency. So what is your point Rumpole?

You're either extremely dense or deliberately being obtuse re my analogy of military like respect of rank and your slavish posture that we should show some respect to Trump. Trump is not my superior so why should I, or anyone else in the UK, respect him and why should any lack of respect for Trump reflect on the American people?

Finally, do I stand by my comments to you and about Trump. Yes, and yes. Both well deserved, although you're an irrelevance tbh.

Up the O's and down with the far right scumbags (who I do hate to be fair)
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Or perhaps

Oh I don't know, I think I'm doing a bit better than you tbf. Yes, Sadiq is a member of the labour party - well done. Also see my post above where I explicitly say that this is a thread about the rise of the far right and not about Sadiq (or the labour party). As for your reference to the labour party and militant tendency - I have explained that I have no interest in tendency. So what is your point Rumpole?

You're either extremely dense or deliberately being obtuse re my analogy of military like respect of rank and your slavish posture that we should show some respect to Trump. Trump is not my superior so why should I, or anyone else in the UK, respect him and why should any lack of respect for Trump reflect on the American people?

Finally, do I stand by my comments to you and about Trump. Yes, and yes. Both well deserved, although you're an irrelevance tbh.

Ohhh look now you are boasting about your hate filled politics....strange as you were denying it earlier.

You carry on twisting, lying and being irrelevant to the real world politics.

Trying to debate with you is like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling. You change position every post
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

You are quite right to separate the individual and the country. Won’t be popular with some but is a true distinction. For example I’m still fond of Labour but hate Corbyn.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

:lol: Funniest post I've read all week.
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

spen666 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:34 pm
BoniO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Or perhaps

Both comments are full of peace and love aren't they? I haven't mentioned the armed forces as they are irrelevant to my comments. You are making random spurious references to military organizations.

Ohhh look now you are boasting about your hate filled politics....strange as you were denying it earlier.

You carry on twisting, lying and being irrelevant to the real world politics.

Trying to debate with you is like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling. You change position every post
Never mind mate, better luck with your next argument ;)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Disoriented »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:37 pm
:lol: Funniest post I've read all week.
Wait and see.