The hypocrisy of the moderators

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

The hypocrisy of the moderators

Post by Fanny »

On a board they run a user was bullied and baited to the point where we became genuinely concerned about their well-being.

Rather than acknowledging that they have allowed the atmosphere which caused such a situation they go around throwing bans at people who ask genuine questions about how this place could be improved.

Then they have the audacity to claim the moral high ground by claiming that certain threads are “not the place” to ask these questions.

If I were moderating a message board which has resulted in people genuinely concerning for the welfare of another user (one which I’d tried to wind up in the past) id be ashamed of myself rather than trying to cover it up and deflecting attention to others.
soloman
Fresh Alias

Re: The hypocrisy of the moderators

Post by soloman »

Don't get drawn in to there petty arguments Mods . They are some of the biggest hypocrites themselves .
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am On a board they run a user was bullied and baited to the point where we became genuinely concerned about their well-being.

Rather than acknowledging that they have allowed the atmosphere which caused such a situation they go around throwing bans at people who ask genuine questions about how this place could be improved.

Then they have the audacity to claim the moral high ground by claiming that certain threads are “not the place” to ask these questions.

If I were moderating a message board which has resulted in people genuinely concerning for the welfare of another user (one which I’d tried to wind up in the past) id be ashamed of myself rather than trying to cover it up and deflecting attention to others.
Jesus H Christ

Get over yourself mate
This MB is ran on a non-profit volunteer basis
If you don't like the way its run, take a hike

Your conspiracy whingeing is getting quite unbearable

CF
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:05 am On a board they run a user was bullied and baited to the point where we became genuinely concerned about their well-being.

Nice theory, but I'm afraid its complete bollocks, particularly the first line.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:58 am

Nice theory, but I'm afraid its complete bollocks, particularly the first line.
So we weren’t concerned for the well-being of another user?

Speak for yourself.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Yes I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

I want to respect peoples privacy so wont say too much, but from what I know 'bullying' on here was not a factor in what happened.

It seems like you are spoiling for a row, again. Just know your next ban will be a long one.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 am I want to respect peoples privacy so wont say too much, but from what I know 'bullying' on here was not a factor in what happened.

It seems like you are spoiling for a row, again. Just know your next ban will be a long one.
Your inability to accept criticism is disappointing
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 am
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:06 am I want to respect peoples privacy so wont say too much, but from what I know 'bullying' on here was not a factor in what happened.

Your ability to bore the rest of us rigid is staggering. GIVE IT UP! Go and set your own Board up if you don't like this one.
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Omygawd wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 am
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 am

Your ability to bore the rest of us rigid is staggering. GIVE IT UP! Go and set your own Board up if you don't like this one.
Nah. Last time I checked “only speaking positively of this board and those who run it” wasn’t a stipulation of membership.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Didn't see you complaining much about how this lightly this place is moderated after being let back on here after perma bans under your previous usernames Esteban / Buckingham etc etc.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The only complaint from me is PW slightly weird power trips that happen on genuine threads. Like the crypto ones and my one about orient having a black manager. And me being called all sorts of names with no repercussions.

Saying that, I don’t lose sleep over it. It’s not that important.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:59 am The only complaint from me is PW slightly weird power trips that happen on genuine threads. Like the crypto ones and my one about orient having a black manager. And me being called all sorts of names with no repercussions.

Saying that, I don’t lose sleep over it. It’s not that important.
I noticed those weird power trips too.

The only small criticism that I would venture to put forward is that he is a rubbish mod ill suited to the job and should never have been appointed in the first place. Huxley would have been a great mod.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

I think it's wrong that two people have all the power with no accountability. They weren't even elected and there is no mechanism to remove them yet they have total control over the laws of the board

It's high time the great boarding public were given a vote on this gargantuan bureaucratic behemoth
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

They earn the money the Club gives them.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 am I think it's wrong that two people have all the power with no accountability. They weren't even elected and there is no mechanism to remove them yet they have total control over the laws of the board

It's high time the great boarding public were given a vote on this gargantuan bureaucratic behemoth
It’s high time that people grew up and realised that it is an independent forum.

If you don’t like it then f*** off eleswhere.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Ornchurch wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 am
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:19 am I think it's wrong that two people have all the power with no accountability. They weren't even elected and there is no mechanism to remove them yet they have total control over the laws of the board

It’s high time that people grew up and realised that it is an independent forum.

Oh Pevans
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ornchurch wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 am

Why am I not surprised to see you supporting an unelected dictatorship?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

🤣🤣🤣
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Omygawd wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:21 am They earn the money the Club gives them.
:?:
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

If people do not like this board, then there are other boards available for them to express their views....
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

FTC congratulates Caca on his appointment as new moderator.
Attachments
Caca.jpg
Caca.jpg (10.65 KiB) Viewed 686 times
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 am Didn't see you complaining much about how this lightly this place is moderated after being let back on here after perma bans under your previous usernames Esteban / Buckingham etc etc.
If you had conclusive proof that I have other accounts on here you would have banned me ages ago. You don’t, because I don’t.

Your extreme defensiveness on this thread proves my initial point nicely. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am
Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:50 am Didn't see you complaining much about how this lightly this place is moderated after being let back on here after perma bans under your previous usernames Esteban / Buckingham etc etc.
If you had conclusive proof that I have other accounts on here you would have banned me ages ago. You don’t, because I don’t.

Your extreme defensiveness on this thread proves my initial point nicely. Thank you.
We have conclusive IP matches. Which is why I'm quite comfortable in saying who you are / were. You're allowed on here because quite frankly, we don't have the time or energy to keep going through the same nonsense of banning you weekly and then finding you've re-registered with another email / username. Quite happy to find the energy if you really want.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Admin wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:48 am
Huxley wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:42 am

We have conclusive IP matches. Which is why I'm quite comfortable in saying who you are / were. You're allowed on here because quite frankly, we don't have the time or energy to keep going through the same nonsense of banning you weekly and then finding you've re-registered with another email / username. Quite happy to find the energy if you really want.
Slurp down two cans of Monster and get on with it. Prevaricators and prognosticators are the worst.