Disgusting Pay offer to NHS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BoniO
Regular
Regular

Disgusting Pay offer to NHS

Post by BoniO »

Yes I know this is mentioned on the Tory Watch thread but it's worth highlighting, in my opinion.

The government is offering a 1% pay increase to NHS staff. Nice. It's not as if the NHS staff have done anything recently to warrant some special treatment is it. It's not as if they've risked their lives, or made huge sacrifices for all of us (and continue to do so).

This government continues to lower their moral compass with each passing day. Oh, the cupboards are bare - is the current lament from the government. I guess this all depends on whether or not their chums will be the recipients of their largesse doesn't it.

Not a surprise of course, but that doesn't mean that they don't deserve all the crap they get. The more the merrier - they might even listen to it as being popular seems to be all they crave for.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Disgusting Pay offer to NHS

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Don't blame me, I voted for Owen Smith
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Utterly disgusting and totally contemptible, but why should we expect anything different from a Tory government....
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Greedy gits. Isn’t a weekly clap enough for them?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cant we Just get someone to Shoot at all of the Tory Party ?
Real Al
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Real Al »

It makes you wonder how they consistently get it so wrong. They always have to U-turn.

I suppose it's because it really doesn't matter what they do - people will vote for them anyway.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

45% of people couldn’t give a sh*t.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Come on, let's be fair! How on Earth are they gonna raise the money for NHS workers, when they are using all their ingenuity, giving their mates, family and business partners lucrative contracts to rip off ( sorry carry out Health Services ) for the UK. It is using all their prowess to think up wheezes and dodges to fill up the troughs, so that they can all get their snouts in. The next thing that people will be suggesting, is that they tax people like the Chancellors wife. Time they were left alone so they get on with Government.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

If they are running out of money, they could try cutting the defense budget a tad, that would save billions.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

I thought the Tories strategy was to reduce demand and hence need less nurses, by exposing the vulnerable to a deadly virus.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 pm 45% of people couldn’t give a sh*t.
I honestly don't think that is the case. I sincerely hope that Boris & chums have badly misjudged the mood of the Country on this subject and will have to do what they do best, a spectacular U-Turn.

PS - I followed a link on a campaign email and emailed my local Tory MP, explaining why my wife and I would never ever vote for him unless he publicly campaigned for a higher pay increase for NHS staff. I omitted to mention the fact that I've never voted Tory and never would but hey-ho.......
Last edited by BoniO on Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

An average nurses pay is now 34,000 a year. They are not underpaid anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I could never do that job but some perspective needed. Also, to be getting a rise when millions are losing their jobs even if it’s small and a token of thanks is not a bad thing.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm An average nurses pay is now 34,000 a year. They are not underpaid anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I could never do that job but some perspective needed. Also, to be getting a rise when millions are losing their jobs even if it’s small and a token of thanks is not a bad thing.
Ahh, it must be Spring, the right wing is starting to sprout (utter bowlocks).
Fanny
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fanny »

Beradogs wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm An average nurses pay is now 34,000 a year. They are not underpaid anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I could never do that job but some perspective needed. Also, to be getting a rise when millions are losing their jobs even if it’s small and a token of thanks is not a bad thing.
Can’t stand all these “virtue signallers” demanding that NHS nurses get a pay rise.

They’re also as bad as the “virtue signallers” who support a movement promoting rights for ethnic minorities.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

^
One of the 45%, see what I mean?
Flying Hippo
Fresh Alias

Post by Flying Hippo »

Much of the above is the usual obscene political posing and point scoring, the perennial pox de nos jours.

The NHS, a ghastly, inefficient bureaucratic and operational monolith (and all too frequently an actual murder-factory), spunks over £1,000,000,000 of tax-payers' money every three days. Over one third of this goes on wages. It is the largest employer in the United Kingdom (an astonishing 1.2 million ftes) and is at least the fifth largest employer in the world.

Totalitarians encourage utterly uncritical worship of the NHS but the NHS's performance in normal times is below average on a world-wide assessment despite all its self-agrandissement During the current plague it has been abysmal. For example:

- there are more than 4,000 (sic) NHS procurement "professionals", many of whom (but thankfully not all) utterly failed to have procured any, or anywhere near, sufficient supplies of PPE resulting in significant threat to ICU staff and, sadly, some loss of life;

- senior PHE staff have provided inconsistent, one-dimensional and inadequate advice during the plague which has resulted, and will result further, in unnecessary fatalities for those suffering from cancer, heart disease and the other major causes of death in this country whose vital treatment has been interrupted while wards lay empty across the country;

- 40pc of all of the plague fatalities were contracted while in hospital;

- hospitals forced sick old people into care homes and spread the plague further;

- 120,000 people in our country have died with this plague. As opponents of the current government constantly remark - this is one of the highest proportions of deaths in a population anywhere in the world, and it is a disgrace. They're right - but it is both immoral and insane to absolve the NHS from its role in this.

The staff in the ICUs who turned up for work (many didn't) and administered care to the very sick and dying, sometimes (too often) without proper PPE and in shocking conditions have been fantastic. And many are still heroically doing so over a year since this horror began. Their service has been beyond estimable. They deserve a massive bonus and the nation's gratitude. The NHS tik-tok brigade deserve a reprimand for crass stupidity. Many other staff should be sacked. The NHS itself should be dismantled as totally unfit for purpose. Tax-payers will be unable to afford this abomination all too soon enough anyway, alas.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Where did you Cut & Paste the above from Hippo?
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

It isn't. That's what Dorries said, and she's been corrected on her twitter by actual nurses. Nurses pay starts at under £25K.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Just wandering what people think they should get?

Heard some bloke on the radio whose a healthcare worker saying that they should get 15% and the NUN 12.5% which is a ridiculous amount

if they'd asked for 5 and been given three personally think that would be reasonable.

Also not sure whose actually gonna fund it as they reckon about 40% of the private sector will be getting a pay freeze.

My company has told us that we're not getting one in return for them not making any redundancies over the next 12 months.

I'll now don my tin hat and brace myself.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

o-no wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:01 pm
It isn't. That's what Dorries said, and she's been corrected on her twitter by actual nurses. Nurses pay starts at under £25K.
Don't think they know what an average is then, they start on 24 so not all are on that.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Average of 34 is correct
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

BoniO wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:00 pm Where did you Cut & Paste the above from Hippo?
Probably Mad Rant Weekly and for God and the Queens sake do not, repeat do not mention the current crisis in NI.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Youd think theyd make it £40,000 a year
Then it would remind them of the fact its
One third of a a 120,000 as in 120,00 dead !
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

And here's me thinking that workers should be rewarded for the value of the work they perform when all along they should only be paid by reference to random other workers.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The government know the NHS workers have no real power, they know they can't strike, so they take advantage.
After the last election, it seems the Tories can do anything and they still get into power, so this is all predictable from the nasty party