Cameron- look what you have done

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Frogger
Fresh Alias

Cameron- look what you have done

Post by Frogger »

It’s his fault and his alone. Regardless of the result to stay or leave his awful idea of giving the uneducated and ill informed public the chance to vote on a subject no-one had a clue about (including most MPs) was a complete disaster. He has ripped this country apart, he has ruined a strong economy, a country that was respected globally and a pound that was still worth something. He spread fear on his failed campaign, rather than telling the truth and the benefits of staying. He lost on the biggest gamble of his life, didn’t like the result and threw his toys out his pram and left.

He walked out without even getting a kick up the arse. He is IMO worse than Farage, he is the one who should be strung up the nearest lamppost. He should be the one apologising for the disaster of the last 3 years and the turmoil to still come. Shame on Cameron, he is the true disaster of a PM.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Cameron- look what you have done

Post by Thor »

Just want to correct on one minor error you made.

The economy is quite strong, is growing and performing better than our continental partners.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I thought this was going to be a thread about the great "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" - I'm disappointed.

However, since we're talking about Call Me Dave, then while I agree with nearly all your points, I do take issue with "He lost the biggest gamble of his life". It wasn't really a gamble for Dave - he's not lost personally from it - he's always been insulated by wealth from the consequences of his actions and that, in itself, gave him the sort of breathtaking arrogance that lead to this whole sorry affair.

Remember, this is the man who invoked the name of his own dead son to try and boost his own credentials as a protector of the NHS - how his wife could bear to be in the same room with him I'll never understand.

A lamppost would be too good for him.
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:03 am Just want to correct on one minor error you made.

The economy is quite strong, is growing and performing better than our continental partners.
Not quite
Brexit has cost the British economy £66bn in just under three years, or around £1,000 for every person in the country.country, businesses have slashed investment and around 3 per cent has been wiped off GDP.

Apart from that it’s doing great.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

You’ve made the fatal error of suggesting that not everybody who voted in that referendum had a sound knowledge of the EU, what it does, how it works and what would happen if we left it.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.
Why did he do this? As with all Tory leaders, they put their party before the country...... Always have always will.
The day we pull out on a no deal (if that's what happens) everything will go up in price by on average 20%, because every trade agreement will be null and void.
Poverty will go through the roof, jobs will go, unemployment will be 7 million eventually. It takes years to negotiate trade deals, and until we do the misery will go on.
Thanks Cameron
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

I’m sure the pig botherer will be saying how ashamed he is of his cynical actions of self-interest in calling the referendum , being such a terrible PM, say he’s going to just sit in his caravan not coining in £££ on cushty directors gigs and the speaking circuit, and begging the country’s forgiveness in his upcoming book. Or maybe not...
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:41 am I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.
Why did he do this? As with all Tory leaders, they put their party before the country...... Always have always will.
The day we pull out on a no deal (if that's what happens) everything will go up in price by on average 20%, because every trade agreement will be null and void.
Poverty will go through the roof, jobs will go, unemployment will be 7 million eventually. It takes years to negotiate trade deals, and until we do the misery will go on.
Thanks Cameron
Your scenario is even worse than the Bank of England, and they are the most pessimistic lot going.

We do have trade deals agreed and ready to be signed. New trade deals take just under 2 years on average, except the EU which is 7 years.

The EU apparently offered May a Canadian style deal on 3 occasions. So I think it is unlikely that we will leave with no deal. We just have to have the no deal lever, to give leverage.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Frogger wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:07 am
Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:03 am Just want to correct on one minor error you made.

Not quite
Brexit has cost the British economy £66bn in just under three years....
Proof?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Still's Carenae wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 am Your scenario is even worse than the Bank of England, and they are the most pessimistic lot going.

We do have trade deals agreed and ready to be signed. New trade deals take just under 2 years on average, except the EU which is 7 years.

The EU apparently offered May a Canadian style deal on 3 occasions. So I think it is unlikely that we will leave with no deal. We just have to have the no deal lever, to give leverage.
Ah, the classic ‘if you don’t give us what we want, we’ll shoot ourselves in the kneecaps’ line.

What trade deals do we have lined up?
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

I have long said " Oh God! I screwed up, I am out of here " Cameron, has caused more problems for the UK than William the Conqueror. You Brexiteers ain't seen nuffink yet. There is going to be year upon year of this nonsense, while we are slowly ground down. It is a shame that brexitears can't be sued.
Still's Carenae
Fresh Alias

Post by Still's Carenae »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:25 am
Still's Carenae wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 am Your scenario is even worse than the Bank of England, and they are the most pessimistic lot going.

Ah, the classic ‘if you don’t give us what we want, we’ll shoot ourselves in the kneecaps’ line.

Have you ever run your own business and negotiated contracts? If you have you would know that you always need the option to walk away. If you don't you never get a deal you are happy with. For example: look at what retailers are doing to the landlords currently.

With regard to trade deals,- Liam Fox has said that we have completed most of the trade deals that other countries have with Europe. From memory he quoted 82% and that was in March.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Still's Carenae, if what you say is true, why have my shares nose dived for the last three years? You know something the City doesn't?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Frogger wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:55 am It’s his fault and his alone. Regardless of the result to stay or leave his awful idea of giving the uneducated and ill informed public the chance to vote on a subject no-one had a clue about (including most MPs) was a complete disaster. He has ripped this country apart, he has ruined a strong economy, a country that was respected globally and a pound that was still worth something. He spread fear on his failed campaign, rather than telling the truth and the benefits of staying. He lost on the biggest gamble of his life, didn’t like the result and threw his toys out his pram and left.

He walked out without even getting a kick up the arse. He is IMO worse than Farage, he is the one who should be strung up the nearest lamppost. He should be the one apologising for the disaster of the last 3 years and the turmoil to still come. Shame on Cameron, he is the true disaster of a PM.
Just out of interest, did you at the time, make your protestestations known when Cameron called upon the "uneducated and ill informed people" to vote in that referendum?
one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Post by one o in huntingdon »

The Tories and especially Cameron will go down in history as the party that ruined this country.
Self serving scum that they are, so much for uniting their party.
He has the same standing now for me as Thatcher.
Last edited by one o in huntingdon on Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:25 am

Shouldn't that have read " shoot YOU in the kneecaps "
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

one o in huntingdon wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am The Tories and especially Cameron will go down in history as the party that ruined this country.
This political arguing does my nut in.

Both parties are as bad as each other and each ruin the country in their own ways. Blair certainly didn't do us any favours.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:59 pm
one o in huntingdon wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 am The Tories and especially Cameron will go down in history as the party that ruined this country.
This political arguing does my nut in.

Both parties are as bad as each other and each ruin the country in their own ways. Blair certainly didn't do us any favours.
Unfortunately Blair followed Tory policy & kept taxes low & no in estment in Thu UK for how long continuously,
That her elected late 70s & sho sold nrarly everything to balance the books & Manor didnt do an awful lot more.

Blair carried on Story Party policy to allow Labour to win & yet the Nation loses out through lack of investment.

We the Electorate are as much to blame for allowing politics to be so lazy .

No real talks about the NHS & how we improve it with massive taxes or crap it & try something else.
No investment in the people of this Nation through social housing, education , or health.

Seems we have been happy to roll along with it & then when dodgy Dave turns up , everyone sreams they dont listen to us .
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm
No real talks about the NHS & how we improve it with massive taxes or crap it & try something else.
No investment in the people of this Nation through social housing, education , or health.
Easiest way to improve the NHS is for its services to only be available to those who are paying, or have paid sufficient, tax and NI contributions. or who are receiving legitimate benefits.

No payee, no playee.
Buddy Manucci
Fresh Alias

Post by Buddy Manucci »

Excluding children, that covers about 99.9% of people using the NHS. I don't understand your point?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:38 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm
Easiest way to improve the NHS is for its services to only be available to those who are paying, or have paid sufficient, tax and NI contributions. or who are receiving legitimate benefits.

No payee, no playee.
" In 2015/16, the Trust's overseas patient charges were £4million, with Terry's team managing to collect £1.6million. Despite carrying a credit card machine to take on-the-spot payments, Terry finds it hard to get many patients to pay up ".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08d3myx

You should watch it .

I dont think £ 2.4 million is the reason the NHS is in as much trouble as it is .
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:07 pm
I dont think £ 2.4 million is the reason the NHS is in as much trouble as it is .
Maybe not but it would help. Same as saving on the salaries of the unnecessary non medical management and pen pushers.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ornchurch wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Maybe not but it would help. Same as saving on the salaries of the unnecessary non medical management and pen pushers.
Werent the pen pushers bought in by he Story Party way back under the Grey Leader ?
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Mon May 27, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:43 pm
Ornchurch wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Werent the pen pushers bouggt in by he Story Party way bwck under the Grey Leader ?
Unless you have a Tardis it doesn't matter when they were brought in. They need to be reduced.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

I’m surprised how many people still blame Thatcher for current problems. Its 27 years since she was ousted.