Anna Soubry elected as new leader of Change Uk !!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Anna Soubry elected as new leader of Change Uk !!

Post by Sid Bishop »

Awful night for Change UK, they got even less percentage of the EU election vote than the now completely smashed UKIP party !!
The leader of Change UK, Heidi Allen, has said her party could merge with with the Liberal Democrats, appearing to put her at odds with Chuka Umunna who just wants an election pact with the Lib Dems.
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: What next to Change UK ?

Post by o-no »

What next, not much I suspect.

Maybe the question should be, why are all our politicians so universally awful?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: What next to Change UK ?

Post by Sid Bishop »

o-no wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:30 am What next, not much I suspect.

Maybe the question should be, why are all our politicians so universally awful?
What future for ''Change Uk ..........I would guess to vanish as quickly as it first appeared.
A band of Politicians whose big egos vastly exceeded their own personal abilities.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: What next for Change UK ?

Post by Thor »

The politicians are truly awful cos they only care about themselves and their paymasters and wilfully ignore the public.

Change UK will i suspect end up folding in on itself as they've been rejected by the public. I can't see the original parties taking them back so I guess any moves would be begging ones towards the lib dems.
Fisch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Fisch »

Brave snd principled politicians ..... chancers whose gamble didn't pay off .... or just plain stupid?
Whichever it is, they will be gone after the next general election.
ContrifibulatoryFred
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by ContrifibulatoryFred »

More like Change Nappies

The ‘Independent Group’ were (after all) full of sh*t
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 am More like Change Nappies

So true
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

They really do care......for themselves.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ContrifibulatoryFred wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:24 am More like Change Nappies

Ohh that was so funny !!
Tell that to Anna Soubry who I just saw on the news babbling about what a GOOD result her new party had !!
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

Have politicians replaced Estate Agents as the profession that people most love to have - and not trust?
"Call me Dave" looks like he fits into both!
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Apart from Tommy Yaxley Lennon, Gerard Batten and the YouTube troll all getting SMASHED at the ballot box, Change UK being utterly, utterly rejected was the only highlight of a miserable night. They're spent already, see ya.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

BengeO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 am Have politicians replaced Estate Agents as the profession that people most love to have - and not trust?
Whilst they are bad, estate agent agents are an entirely different species. They deserve all the bad press they get and then some.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am
BengeO wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:28 am Have politicians replaced Estate Agents as the profession that people most love to have - and not trust?
Whilst they are bad, estate agent agents are an entirely different species. They deserve all the bad press they get and then some.
Add to that list ''Used Car Salesmen''
As said often about ''Tricky Dicky'' Nixon.........''Would you buy a used car from this man ?
Ahhh.......NO !
There is a humorous Cartoon picture of Nixon with these words, but I have not got the pc ability to post it on this forum !!
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Mon May 27, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

They will probably all go and get cushty jobs on the boards of private sector companies.
Last edited by Esteban on Mon May 27, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The leaders....Umuna,Allen, Leslie etc will like leave politics and get jobs in the city.... The rest will join the Lib Dems
But who cares anyway
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

They probably underestimated the LibDems ability, with its clear “bollox to brexit” message mopping up so many remainers protest votes from the centrists voters. If they can’t make a dent in a PR election they have no chance under FPTP. Best just to fold into the LibDems, which is what they should have done in the first place, instead of fragmenting the centre vote.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:44 am The leaders....Umuna,Allen, Leslie etc will like leave politics and get jobs in the city.... The rest will join the Lib Dems
But who cares anyway
Esteban They will probably all go and get cushty jobs on the board boards of private sector companies.
Or even perhaps try to do a Neil Kinnock and attempt to climb onto the EU gravy train in some way or the other.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

I’m sure the Lib Dems’ eyes will light up at the thought of adding a few more MPs for a couple of years before every last one of the stinkin’, self-important, back-stabbing, careerist weapons are wiped out at the next election.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 am I’m sure the Lib Dems’ eyes will light up at the thought of adding a few more MPs for a couple of years before every last one of the stinkin’, self-important, back-stabbing, careerist weapons are wiped out at the next election.
Soubry has already ruled out joining up with the Lib Dems, with her BIG ego, she could be her OWN self contained Party within herself !!
Yes most likely, next general election they will most likely all be consigned to the Dustbin of Politics, good riddance too !
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Interestingly, if all these REMAIN Parties are Joined by Labour, then with no proportional representational vote in a General Election, without election pacts ( Unlikely ) they will all be taking votes off each other. Same goes for the leave side with the Conservative and Brexit party's. I would prefer we change to some type of proportional representation, perhaps similar to the EU election system. I voted for the Alternative Vote referendum in 2011, but it was soundly rejected by a ratio of 2 to 1.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Thor wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:53 am The politicians are truly awful cos they only care about themselves and their paymasters and wilfully ignore the public.

Change UK will i suspect end up folding in on itself as they've been rejected by the public. I can't see the original parties taking them back so I guess any moves would be begging ones towards the lib dems.
Those leave Conservative constituency's will love turning LibDem without a say.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 am
Kitch’s Magic Toes wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 am I’m sure the Lib Dems’ eyes will light up at the thought of adding a few more MPs for a couple of years before every last one of the stinkin’, self-important, back-stabbing, careerist weapons are wiped out at the next election.
Soubry has already ruled out joining up with the Lib Dems, with her BIG ego, she could be her OWN self contained Party within herself !!
Yes most likely, next general election they will most likely all be consigned to the Dustbin of Politics, good riddance too !
Well said .
Oforever
Fresh Alias

Post by Oforever »

Not sure the lib dems would even want them. Missed Soubry saying it was a good result, did she keep a straight face?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Just noticed that despite standing in the whole of the UK the Change Losers Weasels got fewer votes than the SNP.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 10:12 am Interestingly, if all these REMAIN Parties are Joined by Labour, then with no proportional representational vote in a General Election, without election pacts ( Unlikely ) they will all be taking votes off each other. Same goes for the leave side with the Conservative and Brexit party's. I would prefer we change to some type of proportional representation, perhaps similar to the EU election system. I voted for the Alternative Vote referendum in 2011, but it was soundly rejected by a ratio of 2 to 1.
I'm unsure of the right voting system, but the FPTP is dis-enfranchising voters and in turn allowing political parties to field people that fulfil the party's self interest. How can any party be elected when it gets 40% (max) of the vote on 70% turnout? I live in Sevenoaks. What's the point of voting, even for tories? In 134 years of existence, the constituency has been in conservative hands for 133 years. Leyton has been labour for all but a year since being formed as a constituency in 1950. What's the point of a contrary vote?

A vote needs to mean something - even if the commons was FPTP and a section of the lords was voted in by, say, PR.