Tristan Abrahams

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Tristan Abrahams

Post by Lucky7 »

What was the point of offloading him to Norwich they have now terminated his contract I feel for the lad hope he gets 1st team football somewhere 👍
orienfan64920
Fresh Alias

Re: Tristan Abrahams

Post by orienfan64920 »

Surely must regret leaving now? A good example to Happe, Koroma etc.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Lucky7 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:53 pm What was the point of offloading him to Norwich they have now terminated his contract I feel for the lad hope he gets 1st team football somewhere 👍
Surely, was it not his own decision to leave Leyton Orient ? If so, then cannot recall if we were paid a small fee for him joining them.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

All 3 lads went for really good money, according to the club.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Yep that’s right Abrahams Dalby Alzate I would have all 3 back lol
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Looks like the club made the right call. Obviously it could have been a different story had he stayed.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:07 pm All 3 lads went for really good money, according to the club.
Well there then surely is the answer.
All 3 lads wanted to go to these teams in higher leagues, understandably so. These young players got what they wanted and we got a reasonable fee in return.
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

It hasn't panned out but his career is hardly over. If he goes somewhere like Dulwich Hamlet and scores a ton of goals he'll be back in league football before you know it. It's all about whether he keeps doing things the right way (fitness, diet, training. Etc) and avoids the bad habits that you can pick up at semi-pro. Big Marv dropped out of league football and he got his chance again. I hope Tristan sticks at it and proves Norwich and Yeovil wrong.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm It hasn't panned out but his career is hardly over. If he goes somewhere like Dulwich Hamlet and scores a ton of goals he'll be back in league football before you know it. It's all about whether he keeps doing things the right way (fitness, diet, training. Etc) and avoids the bad habits that you can pick up at semi-pro. Big Marv dropped out of league football and he got his chance again. I hope Tristan sticks at it and proves Norwich and Yeovil wrong.
Who says he's dropping out of the league? He could well pick up somewhere that fancies a young forward not likely to break into a premiership outfit. He may have impressed one or two league 2 sides on his loan period at Yeovil.

For Abrahams Norwich's promotion created an issue. They may have retained him for another season and tried developing him if they'd stayed in the championship.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Eat The Rich wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm Big Marv dropped out of league football and he got his chance again.
Where was Marvin? I had no idea he'd been in the league before?
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

LittleMate wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm
Eat The Rich wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm It hasn't panned out but his career is hardly over. If he goes somewhere like Dulwich Hamlet and scores a ton of goals he'll be back in league football before you know it. It's all about whether he keeps doing things the right way (fitness, diet, training. Etc) and avoids the bad habits that you can pick up at semi-pro. Big Marv dropped out of league football and he got his chance again. I hope Tristan sticks at it and proves Norwich and Yeovil wrong.
Who says he's dropping out of the league? He could well pick up somewhere that fancies a young forward not likely to break into a premiership outfit. He may have impressed one or two league 2 sides on his loan period at Yeovil.

For Abrahams Norwich's promotion created an issue. They may have retained him for another season and tried developing him if they'd stayed in the championship.
I doubt their promotion has anything to do with this decision. By the time he's anywhere near the first team, they know full well they'll be back in the championship anyway.

I wonder if he'd stayed, would he be in the position Koroma now finds himself in? I'm not so sure he would have got the necessary game time under Davis or Edinburgh anyway.

But good luck to the lad getting his career back on track.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

the view at the club was that Koroma was always much more talented than Abrahams, but that Abrahams was a grafter with the right attitude. And that's why the latter went and the former didn't. Abrahams will have a serviceable career around League 2 level IMO. Koroma could do better, but that depends on his willingness to graft and mature.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

OyinbO wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm the view at the club was that Koroma was always much more talented than Abrahams, but that Abrahams was a grafter with the right attitude. And that's why the latter went and the former didn't. Abrahams will have a serviceable career around League 2 level IMO. Koroma could do better, but that depends on his willingness to graft and mature.
Where's that coming from?
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm
OyinbO wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm the view at the club was that Koroma was always much more talented than Abrahams, but that Abrahams was a grafter with the right attitude. And that's why the latter went and the former didn't. Abrahams will have a serviceable career around League 2 level IMO. Koroma could do better, but that depends on his willingness to graft and mature.
a reliable source :)
Eat The Rich
Fresh Alias

Post by Eat The Rich »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:21 pm
Eat The Rich wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:39 pm Big Marv dropped out of league football and he got his chance again.
Where was Marvin? I had no idea he'd been in the league before?
I believe he was a scholar at Stevenage.

EDIT: Just checked, it was Oxford not Stevenage.
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

OyinbO wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:35 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm
a reliable source :)
I’ve always found HP Fruity a reliable source
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

Harry Beautyman dropped out of the league, went NL and got back to league football. Now back in NL. Sam Ling too as dropped out and come back.

NL don’t mean the end of a league career.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:24 pm
LittleMate wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:49 pm

I doubt their promotion has anything to do with this decision. By the time he's anywhere near the first team, they know full well they'll be back in the championship anyway.

I wonder if he'd stayed, would he be in the position Koroma now finds himself in? I'm not so sure he would have got the necessary game time under Davis or Edinburgh anyway.

But good luck to the lad getting his career back on track.
Good luck to him indeed, but the league you play in does have an effect on how clubs view their squads. The 2nd line players at Norwich now need to be at a good championship level and Abrahams shows no sign of achieving that. The same here really with Alabi. He may well have been on the "stay list" instead of being available for transfer if we'd not been promoted.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 pm Harry Beautyman dropped out of the league, went NL and got back to league football. Now back in NL. Sam Ling too as dropped out and come back.

NL don’t mean the end of a league career.
Koroma, Happe and Judd all dropped out to NL and came back too.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

We were still an absolute basket case when he left. He’s had a higher standard of training and League 2 loan spells in which to develop. He (and Dalby & Alzate) all made the right choice. He wouldn’t have been first choice here anyway.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I think that's unfair saying we were still a basket case.

I agree though, I'm not sure how much game time he would have got under Davis so might not have made any difference if he had stayed.
Kitch’s Magic Toes
Fresh Alias

Post by Kitch’s Magic Toes »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 am I think that's unfair saying we were still a basket case.

I agree though, I'm not sure how much game time he would have got under Davis so might not have made any difference if he had stayed.
Sure, perhaps “non-league club in a state of massive flux after a period of unbelievable instability” would be fairer. And he didn’t play under Davis (he was loaned back to us, if you remember).

Either way, this isn’t a ‘George Porter’ situation.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I agree entirely
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Get him back on trial.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Abraham played for Crystal Palace (U-23) against Bromley on Saturday.