Just to clarify

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Just to clarify

Post by Adz »

Anything good that happens in the UK now is due to brexit?
Anything bad shouldn't be complained about as that's just remoaning?
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Just to clarify

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

To paraphrase George Orwell:
‘UK good, EU bad’.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Just to clarify

Anything that happens in the U.K. will create outrage on this forum, being twisted to suit agendas. Brexit, Covid, makes no difference.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:05 am Just to clarify

Anything that happens in the U.K. will create outrage on this forum, being twisted to suit agendas. Brexit, Covid, makes no difference.
Anything that happens at Leyton Orient will create outrage on this forum, being twisted to suit agendas. Right-back and Director of Football, makes no difference.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Adz wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:36 am Anything good that happens in the UK now is due to brexit?
Anything bad shouldn't be complained about as that's just remoaning?
I think you've basically nailed it. Any attempt to deviate from this will have you labelled as an anti-British heretic who prays for disaster and should get over it, jog on, bog off, or live somewhere else according to whatever mood Oiram is in.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

No. Hope this helps:
Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am It's revealing that we've arrived at a point where people are so entrenched in their Brexit war positions, that they can't step back and see things more clearly. This applies to both sides at times, but in this case (and until any new evidence comes to light - important caveat), the remainers are not exactly coming across well.

So far, the vaccine rollout is one thing that the UK Government is delivering on. People may pick apart relatively minor details, but if we continue on our current trajectory then this will have to be marked as a success. Nobody's going to be smited by the Lord Corbs Almighty for acknowledging success as well as criticising failure. You are allowed to do both.

The UK Government got in early. They committed to a substantial order and they made sure they had a robust contract in place to protect our interests.

The European Commission didn't. They're looking stupid, are feeling defensive, and are wary of member states taking separate stances in order to look after their own citizens first (which is understandable, and is what Germany may be edging towards). Unless new evidence comes to light to the contrary, the Commission has been caught out here and is throwing a proper strop. f*** 'em.

Remainers need to stop seeing everything through EU=good/UK=bad spectacles (and leavers the same vice versa). It's just not that straightforward, and f*cking tedious for everyone else having to listen/read your drivel.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

I completely agree that we are ahead on the vaccine so far - and if we want to say that's a Brexit bonus then I have no problem with that - but the fact remains there's a long way to go yet. I remember a day at Wembley, we were 2-0 up at half time, and people were celebrating wildly....
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

o-no wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:04 am I completely agree that we are ahead on the vaccine so far - and if we want to say that's a Brexit bonus then I have no problem with that - but the fact remains there's a long way to go yet. I remember a day at Wembley, we were 2-0 up at half time, and people were celebrating wildly....
Nice post till last sentence, Ruined my day now. Gonna chop some logs now take my mind off it.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Sorry TH
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

FFS. I've still got the t-shirt.
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

It's all Sam Ling fault
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Butter?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:54 am No. Hope this helps:
Dunners wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:59 am It's revealing that we've arrived at a point where people are so entrenched in their Brexit war positions, that they can't step back and see things more clearly. This applies to both sides at times, but in this case (and until any new evidence comes to light - important caveat), the remainers are not exactly coming across well.

So far, the vaccine rollout is one thing that the UK Government is delivering on. People may pick apart relatively minor details, but if we continue on our current trajectory then this will have to be marked as a success. Nobody's going to be smited by the Lord Corbs Almighty for acknowledging success as well as criticising failure. You are allowed to do both.

The UK Government got in early. They committed to a substantial order and they made sure they had a robust contract in place to protect our interests.

The European Commission didn't. They're looking stupid, are feeling defensive, and are wary of member states taking separate stances in order to look after their own citizens first (which is understandable, and is what Germany may be edging towards). Unless new evidence comes to light to the contrary, the Commission has been caught out here and is throwing a proper strop. f*** 'em.

Remainers need to stop seeing everything through EU=good/UK=bad spectacles (and leavers the same vice versa). It's just not that straightforward, and f*cking tedious for everyone else having to listen/read your drivel.
Because you’ve had your vaccine, doesn’t make it a success.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:17 am

You relish in schadenfreude. What a negative anti-British treacherous soul you are. So sad that people like you drain the country of the benefits of British values, like the NHS and yet wish upon failure and disaster.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I bet Oiram wears Union jack underpants, and has a Union Jack duvet cover
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:43 am I bet Oiram wears Union jack underpants, and has a Union Jack duvet cover
What would be wrong with that, should I indeed choose to?
Ornchurch
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Ornchurch »

Oiram wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:56 am
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:43 am I bet Oiram wears Union jack underpants, and has a Union Jack duvet cover
It would make you a racist. Everyone knows that a display of the Union Jack or St George Cross is racist.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

But it does if you include the other 8 million.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Ornchurch wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:35 am
It would make you a racist. Everyone knows that a display of the Union Jack or St George Cross is racist.
Unfortunately that is true....it shouldnt be that way, but Nationalists & racists , over the last 10/15 years have taken over the flag, as to make it their own, and now its toxic for anti-racists.
Every march by UKIP, English nationalists, Brexit Party types is noticeable that almost every one of them is carrying a flag.
Decent people cant connect with it now, because of those racist connotations ....shame
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Nothing wrong in that. Near where I live a shop always has the Union Flag flying and a neighbour a few houses from me has a flag pole in his front garden with the Union Flag flying.The company I last worked for had the flag flying at each of its locations, including two in Scotland. The clue is in the name Union and the flag design.

Absolutely nothing wrong with flying the flag in anyway shape or form. For those of you who travel will see the flying of their national flag happens in many countries, and quite right too. Nothing wrong with being proud of your country.

For those who find it offensive, Sod off elsewhere.I doubt you’ll be missed.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Oiram wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:37 am

You relish in schadenfreude. What a negative anti-British treacherous soul you are. So sad that people like you drain the country of the benefits of British values, like the NHS and yet wish upon failure and disaster.
Whilst all of that is totally true, this is just about having a pop at dunnem.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:42 am

But it does if you include the other 8 million.
It doesn't when you've got, for arguments sake, 75 year olds who are still working, in a care home of all places, and they haven't been contacted for their first jab yet.

Nor does it when second jabs aren't going to be given in the relevant timeframe as prescribed by the experts.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ornchurch wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:35 am
It doesn't make you a racist by default. You might just be a bit weird.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:50 am
a neighbour a few houses from me has a flag pole in his front garden with the Union Flag flying.
Least surprising thing I've read today.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:00 pm
Dohnut (ALM) wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:50 am
a neighbour a few houses from me has a flag pole in his front garden with the Union Flag flying.
Least surprising thing I've read today.
You are surprised that I love my country! Wow. I’m surprised when people don’t love their country.