Pelosi’s vendetta

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Pelosi’s vendetta

Post by Oiram »

Pelosi on the warpath for revenge, a personal vendetta which is bound to fail. A complete distraction and waste of time. Purely designed to
inflict total humiliation on Trump which could backfire on her. Totally pointless.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: Pelosi’s vendetta

Post by BoniO »

Oiram wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:16 pm Pelosi on the warpath for revenge, a personal vendetta which is bound to fail. A complete distraction and waste of time. Purely designed to
inflict total humiliation on Trump which could backfire on her. Totally pointless.
Where have you seen this ?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Oiram wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:16 pm Pelosi on the warpath for revenge, a personal vendetta which is bound to fail. A complete distraction and waste of time. Purely designed to
Nancy Pelosi has every reason to feel great anger towards Donald Trump.
He stirred up his unruly mob of supporters before they went and attacked the Capital Building and if they had managed to catch Nancy and Mike Pence, these nut jobs would quite likely have murdered both of them along with many other members of the US Congress and Senate.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

This insurrection has to have some consequences - or the next would-be dictator might feel emboldened to give it a try.

Pour encourager les autres.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Why will it backfire ?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Why is it pointless? If Trump is impeached he cannot stand for president again.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Adz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:13 am
From what I have heard, in order to prevent Trump from being able to run for President again, a clause would have to be added to the impeachment to prevent him from doing so. Surely in the best interests of the Republican party to finally get rid of this wannabe Dictator.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 am
Why will it backfire ?
I doubt if she will get enough votes.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

BoniO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 pm
Where have you seen this ?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... -amendment
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

I doubt it will get through the Senate, two third majority required. Seems that Pence is lying low as well.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Oiram wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 am
I doubt it will get through the Senate, two third majority required. Seems that Pence is lying low as well.
Talking to my US colleagues, It's going to be close, apparently there's the 50 democrats and 10 republicans for sure, so they need 6 more to cross. With the affront on democracy I wouldn't be surprised if they get the 2/3rds.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Adz wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:10 am
Oiram wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:05 am

Talking to my US colleagues, It's going to be close, apparently there's the 50 democrats and 10 republicans for sure, so they need 6 more to cross. With the affront on democracy I wouldn't be surprised if they get the 2/3rds.
And with Blue chip companies pulling their donations to
Parties & campaigning there will be a few who will think
I need to vote against Trump or i may lose my seat next
time there is a vote.

Big America ($) is starting to drop some severe weight on
anything Trump . USPGA has pulled there 2nd golf Major
from one of his courses.

It Seems Plenty out there who are selling American share
Which will drive the U.S share index down more .

The threat of any Trump becoming involved in U.S politics
Again seems to be gathering strength .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Trump has humiliated himself countless times over the last 4 years.
He’s a dangerous nutcase!
Impeachment will prevent him from running again for president.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Even long time Friend & self confessed Republican
Bill Belichick has Snubbed the award of the highest
Civilian award possible.

Well done Bill

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55627873
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

There was a video on BBC news website showing damage these yobs did in Nancy's offices. Showing where they terrified her young workers, who cowered under a large table for hours. There was also reports her official laptop was stolen. I think Trump has gotten away with what is almost tantamount to murder.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:24 am There was a video on BBC news website showing damage these yobs did in Nancy's offices. Showing where they terrified her young workers, who cowered under a large table for hours. There was also reports her official laptop was stolen. I think Trump has gotten away with what is almost tantamount to murder.
Its Not finished yet .
They are going for him now
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Clive Evans wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:24 am There was a video on BBC news website showing damage these yobs did in Nancy's offices. Showing where they terrified her young workers, who cowered under a large table for hours. There was also reports her official laptop was stolen. I think Trump has gotten away with what is almost tantamount to murder.
Not over yet?
SwallO
Fresh Alias

Post by SwallO »

interested in why you think its a 'waste of time'. are you suggesting they just move on and pretend it didn't happen?
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

SwallO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 am
interested in why you think its a 'waste of time'. are you suggesting they just move on and pretend it didn't happen?
Pence has backed down from using 25th Amendment. Not long to go before he is out anyhow. All designed to humiliate him. Nothing about ignoring events. Investigations will follow and arrests and prosecutions made.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I also believe that ultimately, it will fail, but it still something that should have been done.
If im wrong and Trump is found guilty by 66% majority, then he will not be able to stand for office again, which is desirable
I hope when he finally leaves office, he will face charges on all sorts of things. IMO he is the leader of a crime family
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:02 am I also believe that ultimately, it will fail, but it still something that should have been done.
If im wrong and Trump is found guilty by 66% majority, then he will not be able to stand for office again, which is desirable
I hope when he finally leaves office, he will face charges on all sorts of things. IMO he is the leader of a crime family
Talk on the news now that he may try to do a ''Self Pardon'' for himself and also give Presidential pardons to some of his family !
Time will tell as to if a Self Pardon will stand up in Court. Seems an incredible thing that ANYONE would be able to pardon themselves from any Court prosecutions !!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Oiram wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:05 am
SwallO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:55 am
Pence has backed down from using 25th Amendment. Not long to go before he is out anyhow. All designed to humiliate him. Nothing about ignoring events. Investigations will follow and arrests and prosecutions made.
So it's not a vendetta by Pelosi. Thanks for clearing that up.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Sure is Max , no denying it, face up to it. It will not succeed.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

I see that Trump sanctioned the death penalty towards a woman who was killed today. It was a despicable crime, true enough, but surely the guilty person was insane. Nothing Trump does surprises me any more. How can the USA go to war again with the proviso that it is spreading or defending democracy? It will take a long time for America to heal. I hope there are no further parting shots from Trump, but one can not rule anything out.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Trump Will be impeached

231 - 197

5 no votes

Just has to be gavel-ed .

😁