FAO Racists

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

FAO Racists

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Careful tomorrow night, you have been warned.

https://www.leytonorient.com/2020/12/06 ... QNQ3Xfalz4
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: FAO Racists

Post by Long slender neck »

Is booing a discriminatory noise?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm Is booing a discriminatory noise?
Give it a rest.
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:09 pm Is booing a discriminatory noise?

The Linesmen and Ref will be pleased.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Why not just be straight and say 'if you boo the taking of the knee you will be banned'?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

During the pandemic we have held many forums for fans, and you will have heard me say many times that we will not tolerate discrimination in any form.  I am horrified by the events at Millwall on Saturday and I want to reiterate again anyone making discriminatory noises or other discriminatory actions will be removed from the ground and banned for life.

" EVENTS AT MILLWALL " .

Makes it quite clear to everyone what is being said .

Object to taking the knee by booing is a view only a BIGOT
would be happy to do !

Once again
Watch if you are unclear about what horrified Nigel

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Funny. I was horrified when the planes went into the towers on 911. The Manchester bombings were horrifying. This guy is horrified with millwall fans booing what some people including a cabinet minister and the ex chancellor of the exchequer-whose parents are Pakistani immigrants, consider a political movement. What on earth are discriminatory noises. Is booing? Coughing. Farting. They had better not serve any pies.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:21 pm Why not just be straight and say 'if you boo the taking of the knee you will be banned'?
Because he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if somebody took It to court.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:30 pm Funny. I was horrified when the planes went into the towers on 911. The Manchester bombings were horrifying. This guy is horrified with millwall fans booing what some people including a cabinet minister and the ex chancellor of the exchequer-whose parents are Pakistani immigrants, consider a political movement. What on earth are discriminatory noises. Is booing? Coughing. Farting. They had better not serve any pies.
Whats any of those events got to do with this? And why cant both things be horrifying?

Your mask is slipping, and you are looking increasingly more stupid. Give it up mate.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Also - MY CHAIRMAN!

love that Nige.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:21 pm Why not just be straight and say 'if you boo the taking of the knee you will be banned'?
Because he wouldn’t have a leg to stand on if somebody took It to court.
Wrong.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Apple Wumble wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:37 pm
Beradogs wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:30 pm Funny. I was horrified when the planes went into the towers on 911. The Manchester bombings were horrifying. This guy is horrified with millwall fans booing what some people including a cabinet minister and the ex chancellor of the exchequer-whose parents are Pakistani immigrants, consider a political movement. What on earth are discriminatory noises. Is booing? Coughing. Farting. They had better not serve any pies.
Whats any of those events got to do with this? And why cant both things be horrifying?

Your mask is slipping, and you are looking increasingly more stupid. Give it up mate.
increasingly more stupid? :D
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

If someone boos because they don’t want politics involved in sport that is not the actions of a bigot.

I personally wouldn’t boo, but thank goodness we live in a country where we have freedom of speech (within the law), and I would always defend that right.

It’s a slippery slope otherwise, what next, not wear a ‘taking the knee’ badge maybe upon entering the stadium becomes the actions of a bigot? Not joining a march perhaps?

One either believes in free speech (within the law) or one doesn’t, and that has to work regardless of whether one agrees with what is being said or not.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I reckon it is an empty threat, for an empty gesture. When was the last time Orient banned anybody?
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Dohnuts. 87.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

EastDerehamO wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:42 pm If someone boos because they don’t want politics involved in sport that is not the actions of a bigot.

I personally wouldn’t boo, but thank goodness we live in a country where we have freedom of speech (within the law), and I would always defend that right.

It’s a slippery slope otherwise, what next, not wear a ‘taking the knee’ badge maybe upon entering the stadium becomes the actions of a bigot? Not joining a march perhaps?

One either believes in free speech (within the law) or one doesn’t, and that has to work regardless of whether one agrees with what is being said or not.
In some areas freedom of speech no longer exists. That is the reality. In some matters it’s impossible to offer an honest constructive opinion without risking accusations of being a racist, even if all you are trying to do is have a sensible, non-racist debate.

Debates surrounding racism are now all but impossible. Rather than reducing racism it just pushes it underground. This is not healthy.

Those that continually chant the racist mantra are doing much to do prevent this hideous situation from being openly discussed. Discussion is needed if it is to be understood and defeated.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

I was 100% behind the taking the knee when it began in June, following the terrible death of George Floyd, but even I now think its time to end it.
There are so many injustices in the world, that we could equally demonstrate for at football matches, but we don't.
What about highlighting the biggest injustice in the world today, the treatment of Palestinians. They are being brutalised on a daily basis by an occupying force, or the plight of Yemenis, who are being bombed out of existence etc etc. The list goes on and on .
Its time to end it now.
Having said all that, I would like to point out, I dont agree with the moronic behaviour of Millwall 'fans', who booed. They are racists, pure and simple
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Give it a go mate and we'll find out.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

EastDerehamO wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:42 pm If someone boos because they don’t want politics involved in sport that is not the actions of a bigot.

But, but people also have the right to freedom of expression which in this case takes the form of kneeling to show solidarity for oppressed black people.

You are advocating the right of people to boo which is contradictory and is a worthless argument for supporting racists.

In addition, at Orient the Chairman has specifically asked fans not to boo or express racist views. His club, his stadium and his rules. Why can't you just accept this?
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

James Cleverly doesn’t agree with kneeling either or is he the ‘wrong type’ of black MP as he is a Tory?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co ... 12772/amp/
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:56 pm
Give it a go mate and we'll find out.
It appears Nigel believes it would be if during a knee. I think he may be right in many cases but its hard to prove.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Probably because that is so obvious to the vast majority of people, and because there is also no need to be specific thus excluding any other racist action.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 pm

But, but people also have the right to freedom of expression which in this case takes the form of kneeling to show solidarity for oppressed black people.

You are advocating the right of people to boo which is contradictory and is a worthless argument for supporting racists.

In addition, at Orient the Chairman has specifically asked fans not to boo or express racist views. His club, his stadium and his rules. Why can't you just accept this?
Its Barry's stadium, remember?
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

I'm seriously loving people losing their sh*t over the players taking a knee for a second or two. Do please carry on, it's hilarious.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:54 pm

Debates surrounding racism are now all but impossible. Rather than reducing racism it just pushes it underground. This is not healthy.

This is just b/s. I can't recall a time in my life when racists were more embolded to spew their filth. It's become less subtle and more mainstream rather than being pushed underground.