Vaccine. BS

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Vaccine. BS

Post by Still wrong »

Looks like all this hype about Vaccines is beginning to unravel.
Apparently the tests wasn’t carried out correctly.
What a surprise.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ca-vaccine
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Vaccine. BS

Post by Adz »

That's why there's lots of competing companies. The mRNA ones are the ones that really stand out to me as being effective. Interesting to see whether we will have a choice in the vaccine we get though.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Adz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 pm That's why there's lots of competing companies. The mRNA ones are the ones that really stand out to me as being effective. Interesting to see whether we will have a choice in the vaccine we get though.
Naively I thought they deliberately infected volunteers with the virus, and then injected them with the vaccine. Apparently that is not the case.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 am
Adz wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 pm That's why there's lots of competing companies. The mRNA ones are the ones that really stand out to me as being effective. Interesting to see whether we will have a choice in the vaccine we get though.
Naively I thought they deliberately infected volunteers with the virus, and then injected them with the vaccine. Apparently that is not the case.
Covid vaccine trials didn't monitor participant behaviors like masking
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:04 am
Covid vaccine trials didn't monitor participant behaviors like masking
You mean like gimps?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

That’s not how vaccines work?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Unsurprising. When there’s political or economic gain to be had, I don’t for one second think that this government cares how thorough any trials are.

It’s my biggest issue with any vaccine. I know these companies are independent (yeah right) but this government have no absolutely NOTHING to make me confident that anything they roll out has been put through proper tests and scrutiny. They have mates in every corner and have proven they are willing to cut corners, especially when it comes to people’s health.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:00 am Unsurprising. When there’s political or economic gain to be had, I don’t for one second think that this government cares how thorough any trials are.

It’s my biggest issue with any vaccine. I know these companies are independent (yeah right) but this government have no absolutely NOTHING to make me confident that anything they roll out has been put through proper tests and scrutiny. They have mates in every corner and have proven they are willing to cut corners, especially when it comes to people’s health.
My lack of confidence is not because of "independence" or "mates in every corner", but because of the governments desperation to find a solution. I know that time appears to be of the essence but "less haste, more speed" seems to apply right now. That's been amplified this week by the PPE shenanigans. Get it right, instead of potentially getting it wrong.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:16 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:00 am Unsurprising. When there’s political or economic gain to be had, I don’t for one second think that this government cares how thorough any trials are.

My lack of confidence is not because of "independence" or "mates in every corner", but because of the governments desperation to find a solution. I know that time appears to be of the essence but "less haste, more speed" seems to apply right now. That's been amplified this week by the PPE shenanigans. Get it right, instead of potentially getting it wrong.
I can see there being some massive backtracking on this.
I will be surprised if any of these Vaccines are as effective as they claim.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The thread promised vaccine BS and it delivered
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am
Hers we go.
https://www.immunology.org/celebrate-va ... cines-work
Oiram
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Oiram »

Cod liver oil good
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am The thread promised vaccine BS and it delivered
😁
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

It seems that American regulators have a problem with the 'Oxford Uni' vaccine, and want it tested again.
Does seem strange that 1½ doses produced better trial results that 2 doses.
Im very wary of any vaccines at the moment, and this doesn't do anything to make me less so
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:31 am

Hers we go.
Vaccine is preventive. Why would they give them covid and then give them the vaccine? Unless you mean a small part of the virus structure as part of the vaccine?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:08 pm It seems that American regulators have a problem with the 'Oxford Uni' vaccine, and want it tested again.
Does seem strange that 1½ doses produced better trial results that 2 doses.
Im very wary of any vaccines at the moment, and this doesn't do anything to make me less so
Also wouldn't surprise me to see more people or regulators with a vested interest in producing the 'best' vaccine, or the quickest to market, or most easiest to store calling into question other vaccines. Pharma is a dirty business and there's a lot at stake here.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Throughout recent history there are several diseases that have been supressed, indeed almost wiped out, through vaccinations. The pharmaceutical companies had just as much to gain then as they do now but still produced effective treatments. Tests are still at an early stage. Let's calm down a bit and be patient.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Isn't the Oxford one professor whittey has his enormous share holding in?

Conflict of interest?

And still you all want to walk in to a vaccine that's likely crap like the others as well if truth be told.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:36 pm Isn't the Oxford one professor whittey has his enormous share holding in?

Conflict of interest?

And still you all want to walk in to a vaccine that's likely crap like the others as well if truth be told.
There is no truth anywhere in your post.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Government handling of this pandemic has been pretty ill thought out and shambolic to date. I don’t see how they can possibly galvanise resources in a way that will deliver and administer a vaccine to 70 million people quickly.
And there are still conflicting messages that appear to back up my view.
Furlough until March. Another lockdown in January after the Xmas debacle. And this relentless and pointless quest to pour money into track and trace.
That doesn’t say to me that a vaccine is anywhere near close to being approved.
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:16 pm
Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:31 am

Hers we go.
Vaccine is preventive. Why would they give them covid and then give them the vaccine? Unless you mean a small part of the virus structure as part of the vaccine?
Apologies,I got it the wrong way round.
I meant to say was, give someone the vaccine and then expose them to the virus.
Apparently they are not doing this.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:36 pm Isn't the Oxford one professor whittey has his enormous share holding in?

Conflict of interest?

Soon as I saw BS in the thread title I knew you'd deliver the content. Well done!
Still wrong
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Still wrong »

BoniO wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Conflict of interest?

Soon as I saw BS in the thread title I knew you'd deliver the content. Well done!
Wait and see.
If you believe they have got a vaccine which protects 90% after a few months then you are one of the more gullible.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Conflict of interest?

Wait and see.
If you believe they have got a vaccine which protects 90% after a few months then you are one of the more gullible.
I can't help myself mate - bad dose of sheeplishness
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Cavalier wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:56 pm

Conflict of interest?

Wait and see.
Can anyone provide some actual FACTS to back up their speculative opinions?