Mormons

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

one o in huntingdon
Fresh Alias

Mormons

Post by one o in huntingdon »

Didn't like the Osmonds and one wife is more than enough thanks very much.
Beer is very weak in Utah as well, not the religion for me at all.
Sailor
Fresh Alias

Re: Mormons

Post by Sailor »

at least you can have a beer.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

They have a church ten minutes walk from where I live
Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Post by Stamford O »

Don't think they can have a coffee on a Sunday either
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Clive Evans wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm They have a church ten minutes walk from where I live
I'm pleased to report the one in our town has been closed for a few years now. I'm hoping it becomes a Weatherspoons.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:59 pm
Clive Evans wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:26 pm They have a church ten minutes walk from where I live
I'm pleased to report the one in our town has been closed for a few years now. I'm hoping it becomes a Weatherspoons.
Better still would be a Whiskey Distillery !
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:46 pm
IMBECILE it's Whisky. I expect better from you Sid but I'm going to forgive you anyway.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:50 pm

IMBECILE it's Whisky. I expect better from you Sid but I'm going to forgive you anyway.
Just testing you !
No to be honest a ''typo'' !
But would you like a Whisky Distillery to be built on that site ?
Still even if there was, dont suppose there would be any free samples knocking around !
I used to work at a massive bottling plant for one of the biggest wine and spirits companies in the world. At Christmas we used to get a gift of 3 bottles from the firm.I often chose J@B Whisky, Croft Cream Sherry and a bottle of Le Piat D'or , they were all drink brands the company owned.
Wonderful firm that I would have stayed on till I retired but the EU changed their rules e.g source of origin, so our massive bottling plant and local distribution centre was forced to close down in 1990 with many jobs lost. same happened to many other bottling plants in the Uk who were bottling wines and spirits imported from abroad. It used to come in big tankers, it was pumped into massive tanks, checked, filtered and bottled in the UK.
Happy memories, we had a wonderful restaurant and social club and I ran the table tennis section, we had 9 teams in the local Harlow league and I played in one of the teams. Hard to adapt to working for another firm after you have worked for a top company like that.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Sid, I used to play in the Table Tennis league in Harlow back in the 60's and 70s. Play a bit at Harlow Leisure zone although screwed by Essex's tier 2 at present.
Lovejoy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Lovejoy »

Ah but!

Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Harlow wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:20 am Sid, I used to play in the Table Tennis league in Harlow back in the 60's and 70s. Play a bit at Harlow Leisure zone although screwed by Essex's tier 2 at present.
I worked at the I.D.V factory, known locally as ''Gilbeys''
Perhaps you played in that League before I got involved in I guess from around 1984 to when we were shut down in 1990.
As the club secretary, I got sponsorship from the various brand managers so the teams took the names of the brands, the best products had the most spare money for sponsoring, Thus we had teams called Gilbey Ginners, Smirnoff, Malibu, Croft, Piat D'or are a few I can remember !
Lastly, what team did you play for in the Harlow League ? Like a lot of sports, hardly any teams play now that most of the factories and sports clubs shut down. I think there were around 7 divisions when we packed up, now down to just one last time I asked a few years ago.
Have you tried Batts at Old Harlow ? https://battstabletennisclub.wixsite.com/batts/about-us
Also I tried the great Pardon community centre around 2012 when I retired. They had a hall next to the community centre where on certain days they had pensioners table tennis amongst other things.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Scotch Whisky is made from malted barley and generally has a fuller, heavier taste than many other whiskies.
Irish Whiskey, by contrast, comes from unmalted barley and is renowned for its smooth flavour and hints of vanilla.