The trans debate

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Re: The trans debate

Post by Disoriented »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm
BoniO wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:38 pm
Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:17 am

Cheers for indulging.

I'm enjoying your replies becoming more unhinged as the thread progresses
I think MM has just realised who he's communicating with tbh.
A legend of this board?
A legend in his own mind you mean.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Disoriented wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Cheers for indulging.

Yes, an unemployed failed ‘journalist’ reduced to creating WUMS on a League 2 MB.
I'd love to know who you think I am?

I've never worked in journalism
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:01 pm
Disoriented wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:57 pm

Yes, an unemployed failed ‘journalist’ reduced to creating WUMS on a League 2 MB.
I'd love to know who you think I am?

I've never worked in journalism
😅
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

You're an odd chap
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Digby Chicken Caesar wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:59 pm

Cheers for indulging.

A legend of this board?
I didn't know CEB was back - hurrah!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 am So how do you explain the explosion in referrals to this clinic? Believe it's gone from double figures to four figures a year.
Years ago, things like this were taboo subjects that were NOT to be discussed and talked about. Also Gay men were sent to prison or receive crude shock and hormone treatment, note Alan Turing. Now young people have far more information readily available and so learn about many things including those young people who find that they are not the only ones to have these strange mixed up inner feelings that they have about themselves, the yearning to be the opposite sex of what they were assigned to at birth. So now being gay or in this case, transsexual is something that is now far more open to be discussed and to seek help and guidance.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:50 am So how do you explain the explosion in referrals to this clinic? Believe it's gone from double figures to four figures a year.
Years ago, things like this were taboo subjects that were NOT to be discussed and talked about. Also Gay men were sent to prison or receive crude shock and hormone treatment, note Alan Turing. Now young people have far more information readily available and so learn about many things including those young people who find that they are not the only ones to have these strange mixed up inner feelings that they have about themselves, the yearning to be the opposite sex of what they were assigned to at birth. So now being gay or in this case, transsexual is something that is now far more open to be discussed and to seek help and guidance.
Do you believe it's possible to be born in the wrong body?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I wonder Sid if some of these kids are gay but they read trans stuff online that essentially says 'weve got a fix for that'.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:37 pm
Do you believe it's possible to be born in the wrong body?
From present day evidence, it does seem that in some people, the brain sex and inner feelings have more in common with the opposite sex of that of their own particular assigned sex at birth. Some boys look very girlish, act in a feminine way, body actions etc and wish to be girls, same goes for some girls, looking and acting like boys and wanting to be male. As in a previous comment i made, back in the 60s, as a k9d I knew a woman like that, a friend of my sister and family. She was a woman who looked like a man and her body was very masculine, freak of nature, she hated being born the way she was. There are also people born who are intersex, not fully a man or woman, used to be called ''Hermaphrodite'' so all in all, yes there are some people who are different to others when it comes down to what they feel their own sexual identity is.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:08 pm I wonder Sid if some of these kids are gay but they read trans stuff online that essentially says 'weve got a fix for that'.
This has been happening for all time, way before the tv, radio and internet happened.
I think being gay and transsexual is 2 different things, Its complex. Many gay men are very manly looking, bodybuilders can be gay and proud to look very masculine ! i am not an expert, just try to be open minded about such things.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

But the feminine ones should get an operation?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:32 pm But the feminine ones should get an operation?
If they feel like they are a man stuck in a womans body then why not ?
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:14 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:32 pm But the feminine ones should get an operation?
And these unfortunates who have the mannerisms and looks of a girl, it leads to much behind the back taunts at school or work, plus bullying.
Perhaps an easier life to change over to live as a woman. Many look very convincing as females and are a lot happier after the change, for just one example, Paris Lees.
''Paris Lees is Vogue's first transgender columnist''
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46398143
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:38 pm
And these unfortunates who have the mannerisms and looks of a girl, it leads to much behind the back taunts at school or work, plus bullying.
Perhaps an easier life to change over to live as a woman. Many look very convincing as females and are a lot happier after the change, for just one example, Paris Lees.
Some of the contributors on here sound like speakers corners
Confused muslim Mo Dean
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:16 pm

Confused muslim Mo Dean
Will watch another time Tuffers. Too many things to do at present. Seems to me, that the most intolerant haters of gays, trans people etc, join the pack of those who are taking their own personal issues out on others who are less able to defend themselves. A form of deflecting their own problems onto others. Some of the biggest haters of gay people are actual themselves latent homosexuals. If anyone is a grown up and balanced person, why go out to attack others like they do. Should try and understand if people are a bit different to others, why all the hate shown ?
Last edited by Sid Bishop on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Sid absolutely embarrassing PW on this thread :lol:
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:17 pm Sid absolutely embarrassing PW on this thread :lol:
All down to spending many years of studying in the ''university of life''

In actual fact there is far more information and openness about these things than when i was a kid. In days long gone by, the cure to having these and similar problems was purely a case of being forced to take an ice cold shower plus of course a ''damn good thrashing'' that was sure to stop young men behaving like ''Nancy Boys'' That plus that old upper class staple of stability ( especially for the royalty ) of the ''Arranged marriage'' that was sure to make these effeminate men start behaving like ''Real Men''....wasnt it ?
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:17 pm Sid absolutely embarrassing PW on this thread :lol:

In actual fact there is far more information and openness about these things than when i was a kid. In days long gone by, the cure to having these and similar problems was purely a case of being forced to take an ice cold shower plus of course a ''damn good thrashing'' that was sure to stop young men behaving like ''Nancy Boys'' That plus that old upper class staple of stability ( especially for the royalty ) of the ''Arranged marriage'' that was sure to make these effeminate men start behaving like ''Real Men''....wasnt it ?
Yeah exactly. A lot more info out there, and yet some people simply ignore it so they can have their own prejudices and internal battles just because someone is different, or is something they don’t understand.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:36 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Yeah exactly. A lot more info out there, and yet some people simply ignore it so they can have their own prejudices and internal battles just because someone is different, or is something they don’t understand.
Two quotes, both true. “You can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”
Also ''“I think we all have empathy. We may not have enough courage to display it.” – Maya Angelou
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:42 pm

Confused muslim Mo Dean
Will watch another time Tuffers. Too many things to do at present. Seems to me, that the most intolerant haters of gays, trans people etc, join the pack of those who are taking their own personal issues out on others who are less able to defend themselves. A form of deflecting their own problems onto others. Some of the biggest haters of gay people are actual themselves latent homosexuals. If anyone is a grown up and balanced person, why go out to attack others like they do. Should try and understand if people are a bit different to others, why all the hate shown ?
Its funny in the sense that he gets a huge crush on the trans girl ,
over a few weeks , then the Muslim hierarchy of the park remind him of his
Islamic beliefs & he is angry , at himself at them & at her .

I used to love spending an hour on a sunday watching the
goings on at speakers corner live.
Then they all started making money out of you tube & it kind of list its
strange innocence, as they were performing for the cameras .
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:44 pm

Confused muslim Mo Dean

In a way, should we not learn to like/love the inner person rather than the outer covering ?
If a man falls in love with a trans girl, well that is a personal thing to the two people concerned, let others live their own lives and concern ourselves more with our own lives, live and let live.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Sid Bishop wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:49 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:44 pm

In a way, should we not learn to like/love the inner person rather than the outer covering ?
If a man falls in love with a trans girl, well that is a personal thing to the two people concerned, let others live their own lives and concern ourselves more with our own lives, live and let live.
Why stop there Sid
Mixed marriage inter faith .
If people find someone who gives them happiness
Who are we to say,
nah its just wrong innit .

Nope the nay sayers are wrong
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 pm Do you believe it's possible to be born in the wrong body?
For me, if you think about it scientifically there's bound to be a genetic mutation that creates a misfiring of chemical production that occurs for most people of that gender, so the answer has to be yes, you can be born with one genders physical attributes and another's chemical attributes. When you should do something about it and how you can differentiate it from other issues is the real question.

What's your thoughts?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

You're probably right, but I would not want to tell someone they are in the 'wrong' body. We don't medically treat gay people so why trans? I prefer the path of acceptance.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Oh please. I might rename his account Uncle Albert. "During the war..."